New wild campers :(

SquirrellCook

With all this chaos and suffering at the ports, it does make it clear that their are not enough facilities in the UK for anyone traveling to relieve themselves and keep clean. All new lorries intended for overnight stops should have basic faculties built in.

Yes. many lorries have sleeper cabs, some are actually really well appointed with beds, loos, cookers, fridges etc.

But space is money and some of the smaller hauliers would not be able to afford the vehicles.

Just need the right load. Got all my facilities on board.
Was meant to drop load off back in April, went on a trip round Europe instead. :ROFLMAO:
Electric truck too.
Some might even recognise the road.

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 12.53.43.png

This bloke's got it sussed, although not exactly to my tastes;

Perhaps a coolbox and a cassette toilet under the dinette, maybe a microwave. Just the job.

My dad had his portaloo in the passenger footwell, cool box and wee gas stove and could manage quite happily for 5 or 6 days on the road in the UK. It’s all about being prepared.

What I don’t get is why hasn’t an army field kitchen been deployed that could have been feeding these drivers and all those facilities that are used at festivals and at the moment not being used could have been hired and set up in readiness from day one.

As well as what is going on around ports you ever been in a motorway jam behind a crash? The tail back can be huge depending on last turn off and if any fatality's you are there for hours. Where is the loo/food facility's for them people?

Got stuck on the M25 a few years ago coming back from work driving our previous van. Made tea for three of the cars in the jam next to me. We were there for four hours right at the front. I was ok for loo, didn't ask the others....sure there was a lot of nipping into the bushes. It was sort of sociable in a surreal way.

Yes I've done the same Ruth, even made hot dogs for kids in other cars.

I drew the line at letting anybody use the loo though. Every man for himself. (or woman for herself!).

Many years ago, when I was tramping, I was stuck in a tailback on the M1 Southbound. By sheer coincidence, next door to me, in the middle lane was a good friend of mine who was also a tramper.
We got out and had a chat, and one of us suggested making a cuppa. I had water, sugar and teabags and he had some fresh milk.
In front of my friend, was an American couple in what was, I imagine, a hired car. On seeing us chatting, the wife jumped out and shouted (in an exaggerated Southern drawl) “What’s goin ON!”
“Oh there’s been some sort of a bump up ahead” we replied, to which she shouted back “So WHAT are we supposed to do NOW”
We could hear my kettle boiling, and armed with the fresh milk, we said “ I don’t know about you but We’re just going to have a cup of tea”
We were on the point of offering them one when she shouted to her husband at the top of her voice “Harry HARRY! Did you hear that! Those damn Brits are drinking tea again!
Strangely enough, the tea tasted really nice after that 🙂

My Dad once was very pleased to tell me that he reckoned he had solved the problem by carrying a wide necked coffee jar in the car with him in case he got stuck in a traffic jam and needed a pee. A month or so later I asked him if he had had to resort to using the jar yet. He said that he had given up on the idea because sitting in a jam in his car he realised that all the passengers in a coach beside him could see exactly what he was doing if he used it!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back