Jackery.jpg
Jackery.jpg

Just as everyone starts raving about the Eco-flo, you buy the Jackery. Lol
Not that I know sod all.
Hope it powers your tug welder , heir Weldmiester

Nice one Terry.

What are your plans for it?
Hey Rob,

Plans: I bought a genny a while back, probably less than 20 hours on it, they are fine when WC on your own, plus when it goes quiet, you know someone is trying to nick it :rolleyes:

I have been looking at these for a while, I have also had a good few chats Gordon (Laird) who has same. Gordons feedback was good and positive, hence the purchase, which is also a backup if my single LB goes pear shape on me. Also with LPG difficult to source depending where one is, I can purchase various electrical goods (have to be under 1000W) eg; kettle to boil water, the Jackery will supply juice to kettle. Oh, and electric bike batteries.

Charging: right now on charge via house socket. Can be charged via 12V car socket, and of course, via the solar, three options there Rob, what is not to like!

Plans: retiring soon, then off we go from Scotland, on our bucket list is Morocco during winter, and so many other plans to boot. IMO, Jackery is a really good power backup, which can also be used within the home, too. When we sell current MH, we take Jackery with us, again, what is not to like? Be good to hear others thoughts, good or bad, debate is good for the soul.

I hope you and Julie are both well mate. Cheers........ 🥃

Last edited:
Just as everyone starts raving about the Eco-flo, you buy the Jackery. Lol
Not that I know sod all.
Hope it powers your tug welder , heir Weldmiester
Mr T, head meet parking attendant (y) Can I use Eco-Flo in the house, answer on a postcard? :LOL:

Hey Rob,

Plans: I bought a genny a while back, probably less than 20 hours on it, they are fine when WC on your own, plus when it goes quiet, you know someone is trying to nick it :rolleyes:

I have been looking at these for a while, I have also had a good few chats the Gordon (Laird) who has same. Gordons feedback was good and positive, hence the purchase, which is also a backup if my single LB goes pear shape on me. Also with LPG difficult to source depending where one is, I can purchase various electrical goods (have to be under 1000W) eg; kettle to boil water, the Jackery will supply juice to kettle. Oh, and electric bike batteries.

Charging: right now on charge via house socket. Can be charged via 12V car socket, and of course, via the solar, three options there Rob, what is not to like!

Plans: retiring soon, then off we go from Scotland, on our bucket list is Morocco during winter, and so many other plans to boot. IMO, Jackery is a really good power backup, which can also be used within the home, too. When we sell current MH, we take Jackery with us, again, what is not to like? Be good to hear others thoughts, good or bad, debate is good for the soul.

Sounds just the job Terry.

I have a much cheaper affair which will charge phones/laptops etc or power the TV for a few hours but I suspect it will not last long as it only cost about a 100 quid or so. I shall look forward to your experience with it as well as others with the Ecoflow, they sound pretty similar to me and both sound good.

Brilliant that you are retiring mate and off on your travels, if you're around October time, let me know as that's the soonest we can get up there.

Sounds just the job Terry.

I have a much cheaper affair which will charge phones/laptops etc or power the TV for a few hours but I suspect it will not last long as it only cost about a 100 quid or so. I shall look forward to your experience with it as well as others with the Ecoflow, they sound pretty similar to me and both sound good.

Brilliant that you are retiring mate and off on your travels, if you're around October time, let me know as that's the soonest we can get up there.
Oops, my error, I was confusing EcoFlow with the gadget Wully has in his van, I cannae mind the correct name, Wully will correct this. I remember, Efoy system.

If the Jackery turns out to be a pile of poo compared with the Ecoflow, I'll blame Gordon. :ROFLMAO:

Oops, my error, I was confusing EcoFlow with the gadget Wully has in his van, I cannae mind the correct name, Wully will correct this. I remember, Efoy system.

If the Jackery turns out to be a pile of poo compared with the Ecoflow, I'll blame Gordon. :ROFLMAO:

The Efoy sounds a great bit of Kit Terry although very expensive, but if the Jackery does what you want to do why pay more?

Hey Rob,

I have been looking at these for a while, I have also had a good few chats Gordon (Laird) who has same. Gordons feedback was good and positive, hence the purchase, which is also a backup if my single LB goes pear shape on me. Also with LPG difficult to source depending where one is, I can purchase various electrical goods (have to be under 1000W) eg; kettle to boil water, the Jackery will supply juice to kettle. Oh, and electric bike batteries.

I have had an ecoflow river max and their 110watt solar panel for approx 6 months and have to say it’s been excellemt. Used it in my recently sold motorhome to run the tv and charge up my laptop, phone, ecigs etc, etc. To conserve the leisure batteries.
Same as the jackery can be charged from mains, 12v and the solar panel. Will be using it to run my recently bought compressor fridge in my tent, on a trial run it kept it running for 3 1/2 days so I reckon with the solar during the spring / summer it will mean I don’t need EHU when on sites.
Looked at the Jackery units and only went down the Ecoflow road as they had a sale on.

Mr T, head meet parking attendant (y) Can I use Eco-Flo in the house, answer on a postcard? :LOL:
Haven't got postcard to hand atm, so.....
Yes, you can use it in the house. But only with a consenting adult.
Also, I'm so glad you've eliminated the confusion between a useful bit of kit and a purchase made while inebriated :)

We are very very pleased with our jackory
my wife does arts/crafts etc and she uses a small sewing machine with the jackory,also we bought a low power kettle for cuppas.a streetwise induction hob from go outdoors which has a power range from 300/1800watts also we have a low power air drier cooker/oven from Asda £37 I think
so in a few bob spent but as gas is on the up in price and harder to obtain we can charge the power unit from sun,12v on driving and when on ehu so in all this is working abso brilliant for us imho
i have two folding jackory solar panels which charge great and can plug usb cables into as well and charge phones and rechargeable van light we use thanks to h (winks who recommended them to me)
OVERALL OPINION ABSO NO BRAINER ,BUT MY OPINION ONLY

Looks to be a useful bit of kit Terry, especially if you are going on long off grid trips.

Am I right in thinking the solar input is limited to 100w? I'd be interested to know what open circuit voltage/current the Jackory panels are. Over £200 for a folding 100W panel seems ab it chewy to my skinflint mind. Maybe the warranty in dependant upon your using their dedicated panel?

Glad the lights are ok for you Gordon. Ours are going strong four years on.

Cheers

H

Probably less good chat about Jackery as they've stopped giving then away lol
I think the main reasons for looking at the Ecoflo is it can get to 85% charge within an hour and you can now get complete systems that mean you don’t need to wire up all the bits most folk have. More pertinent to anyone doing a van conversion or off grid house though. Seems a lot of YouTube vanlifers spend an hour at a time in Costa, MaccyD and the like so the hour is important to them :)

Opps clucked post too soon sorry. Apart from the above if you want a solar generator they seem much of a muchness to me and the reviewers just say whatever freebie they have is better for on reason or another. Be better if they stopped giving them out and reduced the prices :)

The point I cack-handidly was trying to make was.There's a new kid on the block. As Nabsim says, will charge on 240, from zero to 80% in an hour.
I know nufin about cost, performance or reliability . To be honest, I used the message to use the Weldmeister word again. (y)(y)(y).
Stay safe

Looks to be a useful bit of kit Terry, especially if you are going on long off grid trips.

Am I right in thinking the solar input is limited to 100w? I'd be interested to know what open circuit voltage/current the Jackory panels are. Over £200 for a folding 100W panel seems ab it chewy to my skinflint mind. Maybe the warranty in dependant upon your using their dedicated panel?

Glad the lights are ok for you Gordon. Ours are going strong four years on.

Cheers

H
I'll look out the panel spec sheet tomorrow and update you the spec. Certainly not cheap for panel ( I only bought one, will add if required?) I guess panel will latest technology for a panel. This weekend I'll experiment and see what works within MH using Jackery attached to EHU, should be interesting.

The point I cack-handidly was trying to make was.There's a new kid on the block. As Nabsim says, will charge on 240, from zero to 80% in an hour.
I know nufin about cost, performance or reliability . To be honest, I used the message to use the Weldmeister word again. (y)(y)(y).
Stay safe
Mr T, I had a bespoke bag made for the Jackery kit, I had my work name put on bag in five different languages. Everyone at work call me Amazing (work name) the bag maker made a typo, and they aint getting paid till corrected!
1656018431432.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back