New toy arrived today.

If I remember rightly, Jackery is one of the few that can charge another power bank while it is itself being charged (Daisy chained). I don’t know why this is but the guy on Small van, Big world (Mel?) said it was so.

You had a bespoke bag made ? Of course you did. I sure Amazon will concur.:whistle:

You had a bespoke bag made ? Of course you did. I sure Amazon will concur.:whistle:
Lol, yes. And for you a pic of a sample of various welds I have in my workshop. When folks see it, the first words that comes out their mouth is "AMAZING" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :whistle:

Bead on plate thumbnail_IMG_2502.jpg

If I remember rightly, Jackery is one of the few that can charge another power bank while it is itself being charged (Daisy chained). I don’t know why this is but the guy on Small van, Big world (Mel?) said it was so.
Can do that with my ecoflow river pro.

Can do that with my ecoflow river pro.
Can you do that with different makes using the 3 pin plug outlet, I know you can daisy chain other eco flows and battery packs. I think that’s what Mel was doing. I don’t have any of them so it’s was only what I heard on one of his vids recently👍

From what I can gather his roof solar was going to the Jackery and at the same time that was charging the Jackery was charging the other one (Bluetti?). I don’t know if that makes a difference. Of course I suppose a lot of people wouldn’t do this anyway

Can you do that with different makes using the 3 pin plug outlet, I know you can daisy chain other eco flows and battery packs. I think that’s what Mel was doing. I don’t have any of them so it’s was only what I heard on one of his vids recently👍

From what I can gather his roof solar was going to the Jackery and at the same time that was charging the Jackery was charging the other one (Bluetti?). I don’t know if that makes a difference. Of course I suppose a lot of people wouldn’t do this anyway
Don’t see any reason why I couldn’t charge another make from the 3 pin plug, the ecoflow won’t know whether it’s another powerpack or tv etc, etc.
I have had everything but the kitchen sink plugged into it whilst charging it, tv, ipad, iPhone and an ecig. I’m going to buy an extra battery for mine in the near future which should give me a weeks run time for my fridge without taking into account the solar charging it.

I’ve just today ordered an ECOFlow River Max.

Main reason I chose that was instead of the listed £599 I got it for £494.10 delivered.
Reads like a good price. To date our jackery has come to use. Main use so far, apart from boiling water with the kettle, is charging our eBikes, I don’t drain much, even with our dog in his trailer which I tow, switch to batt on the inclines when required. Mrs R, who had a successful full knee replacement 2019, she copes very well, after a while she draws on the power. This is not an issue now, as the Jackery recharges her eBike battery with reasonable ease, mine too, when required.
A good back up when on an aire like our current one where ehu is not available. I’m sure your purchase will not be a disappointment.

Last edited:
Don’t see any reason why I couldn’t charge another make from the 3 pin plug, the ecoflow won’t know whether it’s another powerpack or tv etc, etc.
I have had everything but the kitchen sink plugged into it whilst charging it, tv, ipad, iPhone and an ecig. I’m going to buy an extra battery for mine in the near future which should give me a weeks run time for my fridge without taking into account the solar charging it.

Ref this point ...
I haven't seen the video in question (don't watch Mel very much) but I wonder if the limit (and possible feature of the jackery?) is not about charging a powerbank while being charged itself (I can't think that would be a general problem? a powerbank would just be another load as Obanboy says), but maybe using more than 1 powerbank to supply a load? and if Daisy-chaining, providing a boost?

If you have more than one AC supply, you cannot join them together unless they are synchronised, otherwise very bad things can happen! With a few inverters, you can join them together to give a bigger output than a single unit. The Victron Multipluses can do that if using the right ones, and some inverter/generators can do as well. The Multipluses have a "power assist" mode where the Inverter can add extra power to an AC Supply into it and which is current limited (such as at a campsite) as it can sync the Inverter output to the AC input.
I wonder if two (or more?) Jackerys would work this way to give more power and that is what was talked about in the video? I don't know, just musing (It could be a nice bonus feature if they could).

Second all wot terry says and more Fiona uses the wee iron ,air fryer induction hob from streetwise sewing machine and charge up our wee lights that winks gave us the heads up for
guys I cannot like this jackory more than I do
we charge on solar ,we charge on 12volt when mobile to date it has saved us on gpl spent 6*20 euro in total to date now I know we would've spent more if usage was without jackory
great to have free recharge imho

Attachments

• C350393C-82A2-43E1-91FF-8A8C03722221.png
    C350393C-82A2-43E1-91FF-8A8C03722221.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Interesting. What would be the procedure for charging the vehicle leisure battery if you have a Sargent power box fitted?

I would not want to blow the transformer in that so clearly turn it off when not on hook up but do you need to disconnect the leisure battery from the rest of the 12v circuitry whilst topping it up with a Jackery?

Assuming you use a plug in mains battery charger for starters?

Thinking winter WCing when solar is hopeless.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back