New to wild camping in a camper

Tookey

Hi all,

I am Guy, my wife is Francesca and our boy is Ralph who is a 18 month toddler. After months of vehicle research I bought a 4x4 Mitsubishi Delica JB-470 motorhome (1998) on Thursday. The vehicle decision was difficult as it had to be family friendly, suitable for narrow lanes in our National Parks but also robust enough (ground clearance, angels of approach and departure, simple electrics etc etc) to get us to and back from Mongolia in 2022/23 when we plan to take a year out to travel before Ralph starts school. I am not new to wild camping as 'bushcraft' is a hobby and am use to a sleeping bag and tarp so a fixed double bed is luxury. I am new to motorhomes and wild camping with a motorhome and I suspect it will bring some new challenges.

I live in the south Pennines in a place called Todmorden and can help if your looking for places to stay in the area. The Pennines are as beautiful as you can get before you get the disadvantages of the National Parks and the moorland environment tends to lend itself to remote and empty car parks frequently in the proximity of water supply, albeit one that will need filtering.

Looking forward to our first trip and getting to know the Delica so we can chose a name!

Hi all,

I am Guy, my wife is Francesca and our boy is Ralph who is a 18 month toddler. After months of vehicle research I bought a 4x4 Mitsubishi Delica JB-470 motorhome (1998) on Thursday. The vehicle decision was difficult as it had to be family friendly, suitable for narrow lanes in our National Parks but also robust enough (ground clearance, angels of approach and departure, simple electrics etc etc) to get us to and back from Mongolia in 2022/23 when we plan to take a year out to travel before Ralph starts school. I am not new to wild camping as 'bushcraft' is a hobby and am use to a sleeping bag and tarp so a fixed double bed is luxury. I am new to motorhomes and wild camping with a motorhome and I suspect it will bring some new challenges.

I live in the south Pennines in a place called Todmorden and can help if your looking for places to stay in the area. The Pennines are as beautiful as you can get before you get the disadvantages of the National Parks and the moorland environment tends to lend itself to remote and empty car parks frequently in the proximity of water supply, albeit one that will need filtering.

Looking forward to our first trip and getting to know the Delica so we can chose a name!
Welcome to the forum guys. My bus conversion table top came from Todmorden! Lovely area, used to camp at the Staff Of Life pub there years ago....👍😉👋

Hi and welcome there’s an experienced wild camper on the forum with similar vehicle search her posts for tips

Alf

Hi all,

[/QUOTE]

PICT0517.JPG

this is mine 1993 2.5 mitsubishi delikca. 4wd

Hey there - I notice you have a child. I'm just in the process of finishing off my first draft of a booklet currently called Wild Camping with Children or Wild Camping for Families (cant decide) You can read it on the following thread- The thread is here.
Would love to know your thoughts or ideas as I haven't really covered very young children that well. :)

Welcome Onboard :)
Melissa

thank you all for a very warm welcome, nice :)

delicagirl, we will definitely be chatting and I joined the Delica forum the other day.

Melissa, I will definitely give you feedback about camping with a toddler, will do a few trips first. Please feel free to nudge me if I haven't got back to you in a few months

Hi campervanannie,

As mentioned above, if around Tod do try the 'Staff of Life' pub for a Sunday lunch but do book.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back