New Laws

I see the paper says....
Under the proposals, travellers who ignore a landowner’s request to move their vehicles on will face arrest under ‘intentional trespass’ laws”
Then goes on to qualify it with this.....
It is understood police will be able to use the powers where intruders are causing ‘significant damage, disruption or distress’, such as ‘interference with utility supplies, excessive noise pollution, or litter’.

So, if they don’t make a mess or cause a nuisance, police will have no power to act ..
The word 'distress' could be brought into use though. Sufficiently vague for anyone to make use of. I read a lot of wilding spots could end up with no parking signs.

I dont think its aimed at wilders but more to deal with travelers who take over and wreck all around and leave a mess behind them.
Though i do think there will be a few cops who use this as a hammer to crack a nut, our cops used to be like that too we reeled them in a bit.

You need to first of all go to night school to learn about computers and then Specsavers. So that in future you will see the word 'link' in the first post.

Next time ask Matron for help. ;)

Oooooooooooooooh! Hark at her!!!!
LMlFutptyBoMeQWxLKzY.gif

What an excellent article. Oh to have Scotland's law here.

Well yes. Covid has seen wild campers already being treat like Lepers in some places, this could be another nail in the coffin sadly in England. Whilst Scotland allows wild camping (in tents) you only have to take a look at the NC500 the land weeps Facebook group to see that thanks to Covid and too many visitors attitudes are shifting there also. People being moved on in the Lake District in the middle of the night or facing large fines, full timers harassed in the early hours with literally nowhere to go. Then of course you have the influx of thousands of newbies or Motorhome staycation Hirers who dont have a clue about conduct codes. The outlook seems bleak for wilding I am sad to say.

I would say Im not bothered as ill just head to Europe but thats now restricted to 90 days if and when we can get over there safely. Sorry, nothing positive to say.

A friend of mine who has a PVC which is his only form of transport got a right load of abuse when he went shopping to ASDA in it yesterday off the other customers.

The icing on the cake was when he also got stopped by the Police on the way back home to Leyland asking him where he thought he was going.

Clearly someone on the ASDA car park must have rung them to report him as it was only 5 or 6 minutes after leaving there.

The PVC has a WF** *** registration ( West Country ) and still has the name of the original dealer from down that way on the number plates, that is why he got stopped, if they`d done a proper PNC check first they`d has seen that it`s registered to his home address in Leyland.

No apology, no nothing they just told him he was free to go and must go straight home.

Its about time this came about, where my wife used to work the broke the gates down across the road and entered a window and gutter making biz, then started to smash the place up and demanded 20 grand to move out, took police a few day to move them because there is always a few girls about to give birth or with a newborn, they know how to work the system.
Dont think it will cause you over on mainland if you read between the lines, just dont talk with a southern Irish accent. 😂
an encampment is regularly set up on The Common in Southsea and it usually takes five or six days to clear them off, but the week before Trump was to visit for the D Day celebrations they turned up and moved off within hours after a visit from the Secret Service protection officers

Interestingly Gypsy and Travellers lawyers say that a van towing a caravan will be classed as two units. If this is you then wherever you stop you will be an unauthorised encampment

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back