New coronavirus variant identified in France

Would be interested in reading that if only because she must be the only scientist outside of China who thinks the virus origins came from elsewhere.
Really can't remember [not unusual for me] but , as I recall , she was speaking for an international research group .
Memory so vague can't really debate this but I think she was doubting it came from a chinese lab . Don't think they were saying it didn't come from China

Really can't remember [not unusual for me] but , as I recall , she was speaking for an international research group .
Memory so vague can't really debate this but I think she was doubting it came from a chinese lab . Don't think they were saying it didn't come from China
No worries.

Reading the article it only describes the 'flurona' case briefly towards the end.

It was a pregnant woman, unvaccinated against both covid and flu, but she was only mildly ill.

There were sound predictions from various quarters that flu would raise its head this year anyway.

The article talks about a 'twindemic' where people come down with flu and covid variants at the same time - as per the pregnant woman above.

They don't tell you what 'variant' of flu or covid though.

Never, ever forget that the aim of the game from day one was basically to stop health systems from being overwhelmed. 🤷‍♀️

Until we start sharing the new vaccines fairly across the world the virus problems could rumble on and on and on and on...
All hopes have been pinned on them, so it's up to governments worldwide and big pharma to solve this particular problem, not us.
There's only so much you can do as a 'good citizen'.
They mean it is the common cold, which it seems, like the flu has almost disappeared from the Earth, but something with a fancy name arrives instead.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back