Netherlands and Germany?

groyne

Made a late decision and booked the ferry for 12th October (Mrs G is doing the Amsterdam Half marathon, postponed from last year) and bought the Kwells. Apart from the usual Passports, EHIC , insurance etc, what else is needed?
So far I've got;
NHS Covid pass
Book a test prior to departure
Dutch Health declaration form
Dutch Vaccination declaration form
Book a day 2 test for return
Replace GB sticker with UK sticker
If we stay in the Netherlands for 10 days it doesn't look like we will have to fill in any further forms to travel into Germany and back.
I think I've got enough Diesel to get us to North Sheilds and we're not taking any food or drink, we'll stock up at the first lidl we see.😃

Anything else I'm missing?

Just Monday returned from 5 days Germany. Went to a German testing station in a small town. Halle,, Got my Free COVID test. And certificate In German and English. For the return trip. Just turned up. They took a nose swab. Fifteen minutes later they said negative fill in form. I explained have you the English version. Form. They looked and found one. So uk pay before and after. Germany free. When in Germany check for COVID testing station. On internet. There are loads…….brian

It should be empty as well, the Pyrenees are heaving with Dutch cars and MHs.

Got the sticker, got the test, got the ferry and have arrived in the Netherlands.
After filling in the quarantine and vaccine declaration forms, and handing them in, the only one they where really interested in was the quarantine.
The ferry was quiet and there was only one other UK van aboard. Customs at both ends was a quick check and off you go.
Spent the afternoon in Haarlem, the only time masks are worn is on public transport. Nobody in shops asked us for our Vaccine passports. It's all very laid back.

The pass also works in cathedrals
20211014_154154.jpg

To beer.

Just Monday returned from 5 days Germany. Went to a German testing station in a small town. Halle,, Got my Free COVID test. And certificate In German and English. For the return trip. Just turned up. They took a nose swab. Fifteen minutes later they said negative fill in form. I explained have you the English version. Form. They looked and found one. So uk pay before and after. Germany free. When in Germany check for COVID testing station. On internet. There are loads…….brian
@brian c Was the UK vaccination app good in Germany or did you need the German one?

I remember something about 'cyclist aware' stickers for the large MH's but can't remember details as ours is only diddy
Never heard of a compulsory cyclists aware sticker and I am Dutch. Probably a scam to make you buy an expensive sicker.

Only been away 3 nights so far. 1 night Beguim 2 in Germany along Mossel. Only had to show vaccine status once so far. No one seems that interested in handful of places I’ve been.

Zero mask wearing in Ypres, anywhere, shops restaurant and bars. Other places more wearers.

Hanover.
Masks worn in indoor public spaces, ie, shops, train stations, and covid pass needed for cafes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back