Netherlands and Germany?

Never had too show my vaccine cert from when I left Calais to when I returned. All German shops etc mask wearing. Brian

Just entered Holland on the Harwich ferry.
We only had our passport checked.
Leaving Harwich was much more of a pain, we even had to fill in a Dutch quarantine form which surprised us as we do not need to quarantine, we have had two jobs.
The officials at Harwich were very helpful and gave us the forms.
My advice it to allow PLENTY OF TIME at Harwich, arrive two hours early.

If a uk citizen enters the netherlands from France after entering France by ferry the same day do they need a negative test?

You'll have had to do a test to enter France from the UK, so it will still be valid. And don't forget the Belgium.
P.S there are no schengen border checks.😊

You'll have had to do a test to enter France from the UK, so it will still be valid. And don't forget the Belgium.
P.S there are no schengen border checks.😊
Double vaccinated people no longer need a test to get to France.
We went about 3 months ago with a negative test, only to be told it was the first day that a lateral flow test was not needed. This is still the case, but now we are triple jabbed and flu too.
I think if you only stay less than 12 hours in Netherlands, you might not need a test but I am confused About that.
I am trying to arrange to see Stella vita the solar camper in Eindhoven.
It is true with a test I could perhaps then go on to visit my son near Brussels.
With no border checks how do they police differences within Schengen?

Double vaccinated people no longer need a test to get to France.
We went about 3 months ago with a negative test, only to be told it was the first day that a lateral flow test was not needed. This is still the case, but now we are triple jabbed and flu too.
I think if you only stay less than 12 hours in Netherlands, you might not need a test but I am confused About that.
I am trying to arrange to see Stella vita the solar camper in Eindhoven.
It is true with a test I could perhaps then go on to visit my son near Brussels.
With no border checks how do they police differences within Schengen?
I think they just regard Schengen as one big area.

After further research You still may not (I am not sure) need a test if you have been in UK in the last 14 days but stay in the Netherlands less than 12 hours, but at the moment if you have been in an orange or red Schengen country for more than 14 days you do not need a test in either Belgium or Netherlands to enter unless (perhaps) you stay more than 7 days.
So I think our plan is on the way back from France: Luxembourg for fuel, Belgium to visit my son, Netherlands to see stella vita at eindhoven, if all that can be arranged and nothing has changed by then!

After further research You still may not (I am not sure) need a test if you have been in UK in the last 14 days but stay in the Netherlands less than 12 hours, but at the moment if you have been in an orange or red Schengen country for more than 14 days you do not need a test in either Belgium or Netherlands to enter unless (perhaps) you stay more than 7 days.
So I think our plan is on the way back from France: Luxembourg for fuel, Belgium to visit my son, Netherlands to see stella vita at eindhoven, if all that can be arranged and nothing has changed by then!
I would be surprised if there was anyone on the borders to check you.

Got as far as Berlin, stayed in Potsdam, nobody really bothered about vaccination passports.
Now in a brewery in Quedlinburg
20211026_192953.jpg
Beermeat for tea.
20211027_171420.jpg

Now at the end of our little jaunt.

20211102_135843.jpg
The uk passenger locator form was a bit ambiguous to fill in, but we've got through customs ok.
Only 45 cars/motorhomes on today's sailing, plenty of wagons, so it'll be quiet.

The fly in the ointment.
Booked day 2 covid tests last week for our arrival home yesterday, they still haven't turned up today. Rang customer sevices this morning who where very apologetic (apparently they've had a lot of practice) and said they'ed sort it out ASAP and get back to me.
I'm still waiting.
After a bit of reading, I'd advise against using G16 Covid Testing, as they seem to be repeat offenders.

I used Oscartech, mainly because they were the first firm on the list that actually charged the amount they stated on the gov list. Others quote low price on list, then charge a lot more.
Turned up in two days, test results the same.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back