Nature Pure Filter................Ouch!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 9849
  • Start date
I am sure

lots of houses etc in uk are on their own private septics . i like old fashioned two chambered block or brick built ones . .should never require emptying if big enough and no chemicals put in them.
my house here as one ,but unfortunately the old lady that lived here from when it was built went on mains sewage 5yrs before i bought it. she had a grant at the time and thought it was ideal.
i dont just means slightly higher water bill.
cant come off mains sewage once you are on it.
i worked in the sewage industry later and know of many that worked fine till new owners started using automatic washing machines and dish washers and were obsessed with bleach etc .
they can be made good but some water must be land drained not put in with the sewage waste.
i have said before ,ring your local water company and go on a visit to the sewage and or fresh water works . its very interesting .

We live in Thailand for the winter and we have
1 A septic tank for Poo and some water
2 A tank which no doubt seeps onto the land for Waste water,
This year for the first time in 5 years we got our septic tank emptied into a "Hoover lorry" no sure what they do with it but most likely sell it on to farmers.

It is very dry here for 6 months (ie now) and wet for about 4 months mid-summer (UK)
and we throw washing up water onto the grass/weeds/garden
But although population is same as UK Land area is a few times more

We sell plastic bottles, drinks cans, food tins, glass bottles to a local enterprise who makes good money
Not sure what happens with the ongoing chain but Alu drinks cans go for Prosthetic limbs
I assume glass gets "Re-glassed"
We burn our other garbage.
The only problem is Razor blades Beer bottle caps and the like and we have a "sharps" solution for this

We live in Thailand for the winter and we have
1 A septic tank for Poo and some water
2 A tank which no doubt seeps onto the land for Waste water,
This year for the first time in 5 years we got our septic tank emptied into a "Hoover lorry" no sure what they do with it but most likely sell it on to farmers.

It is very dry here for 6 months (ie now) and wet for about 4 months mid-summer (UK)
and we throw washing up water onto the grass/weeds/garden
But although population is same as UK Land area is a few times more

We sell plastic bottles, drinks cans, food tins, glass bottles to a local enterprise who makes good money
Not sure what happens with the ongoing chain but Alu drinks cans go for Prosthetic limbs
I assume glass gets "Re-glassed"
We burn our other garbage.
The only problem is Razor blades Beer bottle caps and the like and we have a "sharps" solution for this
here,s the guide to what happens in uk.
Safe Sludge Matrix - The Safe Sludge Matrix
i drove sewage tankers for a few years . like the term hoover truck.
also did milk .
we always washed out after doing a load of milk but rarely washed out after loading sewage . hee hee.
just a thought are you using the right toilet cleaning liquids etc . you use special ones not bleach etc .

Last edited:
here,s the guide to what happens in uk.
Safe Sludge Matrix - The Safe Sludge Matrix
i drove sewage tankers for a few years . like the term hoover truck.
also did milk .
we always washed out after doing a load of milk but rarely washed out after loading sewage . hee hee.
just a thought are you using the right toilet cleaning liquids etc . you use special ones not bleach etc .

Not the same tanker I hope!!

Not the same tanker I hope!!

no, but it sounds funny.
milk is very strictly washed .
and no baffles in milk tankers as they make cleaning harder. . very awkward till you get used to driving milk tankers as you stop the milk pushes you forward . and on country roads you feel it splashing around behind you. gives neck ache at first.
took milk from cornwall half way up through uk regularly . brum ,london ,gloucester .
its amazing how far it travels .
i liked tanker work though be it what ever. but sewage was really interesting . did fresh water as well. yes changed vehicles .
but working in the waste industry was great.
it sort of fitted in with the work i did in the food industry and the garage trade. without one of them the others cant manage .

Whilst on country roads

no, but it sounds funny.
milk is very strictly washed .
and no baffles in milk tankers as they make cleaning harder. . very awkward till you get used to driving milk tankers as you stop the milk pushes you forward . and on country roads you feel it splashing around behind you. gives neck ache at first.
took milk from cornwall half way up through uk regularly . brum ,london ,gloucester .
its amazing how far it travels .
i liked tanker work though be it what ever. but sewage was really interesting . did fresh water as well. yes changed vehicles .
but working in the waste industry was great.
it sort of fitted in with the work i did in the food industry and the garage trade. without one of them the others cant manage .

Sloshing about
Add eggs cheese.......... on a warm day..Lovely cheesy scrambled egg
Ole or Au lait

Sloshing about
Add eggs cheese.......... on a warm day..Lovely cheesy scrambled egg
Ole or Au lait

even better sometimes i was on bacon trucks taking bacon up north.
one job was taking boxed eggs to newport . then coming back to near gloucester to pick pallets of trayed eggs to bring back to cornwall. then once boxed they went back up north again . possibly the same day i brought them down.
the eggs were for thames valley eggs . never did quite fit the name. hee hee.
transport is amazing where things come and go.
nice to be driving around seeing places . just very often its nights ,not so good then . great in the day.
but use the british berkenfeld and doulton filter great bits of kit .

Hi ya,
Yeah these kinda filters are expensive aren’t they, But I suppose it’s all relevant to the kind of water sources you fill up from that would determine the filtration cover that you would need !.
I Have a Different Make & unit, similar To units sent to various target areas worldwide that need immediate help for fresh filters drinking water
As I normally fill up from what some might consider ‘Questionable’ & or Varied sources I need a microbial & Very small Micron pour that works with the Silver & Carbon Block elements, I don’t mind paying slightly more for my filters as I fill up regularly from Rain, (Selected Streams & Even Lakes on occasion in Wales or Scotland ) Toilet Taps & alike, so for piece of mind I’ve got what I considered ok for my lifestyle choice at a price I am happy to pay.
I use to only filter such water for Drinking, but now I find it easier just to take EVERY opportunity to fill my 10lt container that I carry in my Rucksack while Walking & Exploring & filter all of it when I get back to The Nest, enabling me to then use my on board Tank in the usual manner, it takes roughly 2 or 3hr to put through the filter but often leave it overnight & then pop it straight into the Tank just before I leave after my coffee in the morning. The Nest Tank is 100 lt, I also have 3 x 10 lt Aux containers that I can Store ‘Raw’ water in that’s waiting to be filtered. & If I’m VERY low on water,,,,,I Filter more before I leave !. Using this method I get easily 70lt or more a week that sees me through until my ‘site night’ say once every 10 is days.

It’s just routine & Discipline !.

Just to say, I was just changing my Water Filters & noticed I actually have a Broken one in my store, So BUGGER !!!,,That’s a waste of £28:00 ish, But will take the opportunity to show what’s inside-

A0C7D23B-8D92-4AC8-8E7F-787A500CB831.jpg

CBD3CF03-BF10-4DBD-8833-BFCFC35F7D32.jpg

4306D21B-365A-4879-94A8-B5E3D0C2A1BD.jpg

28A4077C-FCD9-40B5-8CF7-C382B456E94F.jpg

0B2852F8-BE8E-4CEE-8BD9-5CEA65B17953.jpg

F06211C5-C357-4B9D-BF5B-6A48790BD09F.jpg

2C50404C-A480-423A-A8E5-C261CF02DF22.jpg

& THATS it !

Just to say, I was just changing my Water Filters & noticed I actually have a Broken one in my store, So BUGGER !!!,,That’s a waste of £28:00 ish, But will take the opportunity to show what’s inside-

View attachment 61685

View attachment 61686

View attachment 61687

View attachment 61688

View attachment 61689

View attachment 61690

View attachment 61691

& THATS it !

very similar to the doulton filters . and as silver inlay. thats the real secret. silver is the best purifier known , thats why wishing wells were invented . as folk threw in silver coins years ago it purified the water. never knew that till i worked with the scientists at south west water.
but ceramic with silver is the way forward . certainly all the fresh water scientists i met agreed it was the best.
most found it interesting that i used to travel african countries , we talked about water ,sewage ,de salination plants etc . mind i also visited many in africa . i like being nosey and once i said i worked for sww i got into many works .

Yes, it IS like the Doulton, in Fact That’s what I use to have before I (So say) Upgraded to this one, it’s the Same sort of thing really though, just bigger n better filters I think,,,it’s slightly faster as a result As you can fit up to 4 of these filters & each one Filters just over a liter an Hour So say 4.5 liter an hour combined, & the unit holds 12lt so Typicaly I Fill the unit up with Raw water, Have some Dinner, Then Watch a movie, Put that water in the Main Tank & Refill unit with Raw & Go to bed, In the Morning I Put THAT water in the Main Tank, Then if I am Staying at the park up for a bit then I put yet another load of Raw water in while I have my Breakfast & get Squared away.
This way I can easily get 30 odd liter of Fresh Clean water from suitable water sources found overnight. & if I then if I also fill up my 3x10lt Raw water containers before leaving I do it all again the following night if Nature doesn’t ablige

Last edited by a moderator:
i just use mine for drinking water etc . i use a surflo 7ltr a min 30psi pump . very quickly fills kettle etc .
yes slows down a bit as it gets older . but take the filter out scrub it and refit .
i first used mine in my old vwt2 that i built for toring real africa . brown church landrovers supplied it all.
it was later when i worked for sww they asked what filter i use and was amazed i already was using the doulton etc .
i only coarsely filter shower water etc .the drinking water filter housing comes with its own tap so washing pots etc doesnt get drinking water. img013.jpg
you should just bneable to see the birkefield hba mk 2 housing above the sink.

Yeah it’s a big bonus to be able to give the Ceramic a scrub then re Use isn’t it !.
So, Do you put Raw water in your main vehicle tank or have you got a ‘Header or Day’ Tank for use with your main plumed Pump.?.

I favour filtering the water BEFORE I put it in the Nests Main Tank as it then gives me the option to just fill up as normal from a suitable Tap or when I do ‘Site Dump & Fill’ stops about every 2 weeks.

just put water in the main tank. the filter on the pump does for washing etc then tee off for the drinking water .
did have some horrible water when deep in africa but it coped ok.
i used to just have twenty ltr water containers in the vwt2 camper .
but 18yrs ago took the pump filter system out and fitted it in my artic trailer.
do wonder if the pump might pack up one day .its 21 yrs old now .
have changed the doulton ceramic filter a few times . but usually as i feel sorry for it .
if after a scrub its still a bit slow then time for a change .
in europe and uk also morocco the water is quite clean. do use rain water if its around . like to keep the roof of trailer clean so water dripping off is cleanish.
cant remember the last time i bought water. might buy a 5ltr one if going to maroc incase anyone gets a tummy upset . but in truth havnt for years .
might boil a kettle and save some boiled water to drink later sometimes . boil for 3-4 mins .
last time i used a campsite was in 2009 . i,m mean dont pay to park, buy water ,eat out or hardly ever use bars . mind visit lots of village social places , after all what does a site offer i need .

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back