Nature Pure Filter................Ouch!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 9849
  • Start date

Deleted member 9849

Just looking at a replacement cartridge for my nature pure water filter and outdoor bits are selling them for £89.99 :scared::rolleyes2::cry:

How can they justify such a price?It's a good system and I wouldn't like to be without it but I'm thinking about taking it out at that price for a filter,the mark up must be huge.

Just looking at a replacement cartridge for my nature pure water filter and outdoor bits are selling them for £89.99 :scared::rolleyes2::cry:

How can they justify such a price?It's a good system and I wouldn't like to be without it but I'm thinking about taking it out at that price for a filter,the mark up must be huge.
quick google has cut the price to 72 assuming got right filter size Replacement Cartridges :: Pure Water Online

Hi ya,
Yeah these kinda filters are expensive aren’t they, But I suppose it’s all relevant to the kind of water sources you fill up from that would determine the filtration cover that you would need !.
I Have a Different Make & unit, similar To units sent to various target areas worldwide that need immediate help for fresh filters drinking water
As I normally fill up from what some might consider ‘Questionable’ & or Varied sources I need a microbial & Very small Micron pour that works with the Silver & Carbon Block elements, I don’t mind paying slightly more for my filters as I fill up regularly from Rain, (Selected Streams & Even Lakes on occasion in Wales or Scotland ) Toilet Taps & alike, so for piece of mind I’ve got what I considered ok for my lifestyle choice at a price I am happy to pay.
I use to only filter such water for Drinking, but now I find it easier just to take EVERY opportunity to fill my 10lt container that I carry in my Rucksack while Walking & Exploring & filter all of it when I get back to The Nest, enabling me to then use my on board Tank in the usual manner, it takes roughly 2 or 3hr to put through the filter but often leave it overnight & then pop it straight into the Tank just before I leave after my coffee in the morning. The Nest Tank is 100 lt, I also have 3 x 10 lt Aux containers that I can Store ‘Raw’ water in that’s waiting to be filtered. & If I’m VERY low on water,,,,,I Filter more before I leave !. Using this method I get easily 70lt or more a week that sees me through until my ‘site night’ say once every 10 is days.

It’s just routine & Discipline !.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've come across reports (rumours ?) that there are fraudulent
copies of the Nature Pure filter replacement around. Probably
applies to many things these days, but a water filter is something
you want to be assured is likely 99.999% genuine.

I've come across reports (rumours ?) that there are fraudulent
copies of the Nature Pure filter replacement around. Probably
applies to many things these days, but a water filter is something
you want to be assured is likely 99.999% genuine.

Yeah I agree that you must be as sure as you can that these filters do what they are supposed to, but ultimately you have to rely on what the Makers/sellers say !,,, My filters come with a Certificate & PDF of independent lab test results & findings etc etc but at the end of the day WHO KNOWS !. I mean- I can print a Certificate off saying I’m a Fat Thick Bloke from the West Country —-Oh Wait a minute !.

I'd be suspicious of anything labelled NaturePureoffered for
£25. Knowing that the rea.isticgoing rate is nearer to £100 in businesses
which appear to have a reputation to protect. Nothing is 100% certain.
If I'm not mistaken I don't think Nature Pure purport to offer the perfect
product.

Water filters

I have to wonder why ?
Plain tap water is good enough for most things especially if boiling or cooking.
If you want "boring water" just boil too much in a kettle and put in a suitable container to cool and then drink
And/or by a 5 litre bottle or several smaller bottles of whatever you choose.

Just my thoughts.. I appreciate that some do not trust tap water for drinking and I understand why.
So no offence intended to "Filter freaks"

PS Peckham spring water is on offer at the moment and is delivered by a "Jolly Fellow" in a yellow Reliant Robin
Lot of other items available as well !
Batman sometimes assists.

That should "Trigger" a few memories !

Filters why? Because although boiling kills organic matter (and in some instances only after 3 minutes of boiling) it won't do much about heavy metals
and the like. So there may well be a case for high quality filtering all
depends on the alternatives.
I've known a few desert wanderers take their own water distillation unit.

British Berkefield HBA MK11 Filter
and
Ultracarb 10 Inch Short Mount Filter
this is what i use .
talking with south west water scientists they reckon couldnt get a better one if i tried .
works for me .
i didnt get mine from them originally i got it from brown church landrovers in london . they do vehicles for exploring way off countries .
had one of their roof tents as well. still got that .
but 30psi pumpand it works great.

I’ve recently changed (Or Arguably UP graded) to a ‘Coldstream’ model
It’s got a Faster Filtration rate of over 4lt an hour & Takes out A LOT more Crud, Chemicals & Metals !,,,& As I use as much Rain/Stream/River/Lake water as I do Toilet Tap it’s important to me.

Look up Coldstream & CLICk on the PDFs As with Your model, it’s actually one of the few that says it’s fit for filtering such water sources openly in its discription Gumph.

You can buy a lot of bottles for £89 . We keep the water in the tank for washing and toilet flush why would you want to drink it .

You can buy a lot of bottles for £89 . We keep the water in the tank for washing and toilet flush why would you want to drink it .

Possibly not for much longer. Plastic waste disposal problems and the pollution aspects are fast moving up the concern agenda. Transporting water around in plastic bottles is mad we should be able to trust the quality of water anywhere in Europe, at least that must be the long term goal for something much more valuable than gold.
So may I suggest you get a water filter instead of buying water in a plastic
bottle, and make the possible extra cost a secondary consideration? :idea:

Why not simply refill

Possibly not for much longer. Plastic waste disposal problems and the pollution aspects are fast moving up the concern agenda. Transporting water around in plastic bottles is mad we should be able to trust the quality of water anywhere in Europe, at least that must be the long term goal for something much more valuable than gold.

A 5 litre plastic bottle...We have used ours for 3 years all summer each year.
Do not the water filters themselves create a waste problem once they are "worn out"

Uk also needs to go down the route of charging a refundable deposit on Bottles cans etc
Germany does it very well effectively funded by the shop/supermarket
Not so France ...I have failed to get a refund from a different branch of a supermarket chain !

Hi ya,
Yes your right, you probably can get a lot of Bottled water for the price of a filter, But in my case it’s more about Self Reliance & Convenance that compliments my chosen lifestyle.
I am a Full Time Livaboard & as such I use about 15-20lt a day (say 130lt a week) on ave for my everyday life, so It would be much more expensive for me as £90 worth of Bottled water would only last me some 9weeks !...what would I do for the OTHER 43 weeks !.
I like the idea that I am not reliant on regular shopping trips JUST to facilitate my water usage, I find that my ONE ‘Site Nite’ Dump & Re-Supply run to a Shop/Supermarket, Garage & Whatever every 10ish days suits the freedom I try to achieve between those visits. & to be honest maybe it’s just some sort of Distant Dark instinct in man that gives satisfaction in the knowledge that I can Have a long hot shower, an almost an unlimited supply of Fresh clean Drinking water on tap as I chuck another log or bit of coal on the Fire & settle down to watch Nature change shifts & if lucky enough a beautiful sunset while Safe & Secure, Clean Fed & Waterd by my own hand.

OR I can book into a B&B !. It really is each to their own.

Yeah been in the news again recently hasn’t it,,it’s a problem no denying it !.
Just lifted this off from ‘ The recyclnow’ website ‘

“It is estimated that an average of 35.8 million plastic bottles are used EVERY DAY in the UK, but only 19.8 million are recycled each day. This means there are on average 16 million plastic bottles a day not making their way into the recycling bin.”

I’m trying NOT to be a part of that.

I also lifted this from the Daulton website

“Used Ultracarb (or any ceramic filter cartridge ) disposal ideas?

Hello,
I have been all over the web, including your company website, but I can't find any suggestions about recycling or other creative disposal methods for used Ultracarb candles. Do you have any ideas other than throwing them in the trash?

You can break up and spread the ceramic filter elements in your garden soil to help prevent pest infestation. The cap itself can be recycled. We highly appreciate your environmental conscious consideration.”

Don’t mind being a part of that.

A 5 litre plastic bottle...We have used ours for 3 years all summer each year.
Do not the water filters themselves create a waste problem once they are "worn out"

Uk also needs to go down the route of charging a refundable deposit on Bottles cans etc
Germany does it very well effectively funded by the shop/supermarket
Not so France ...I have failed to get a refund from a different branch of a supermarket chain !

Now now! I'm sure you're not suggesting that one plastic bottle in 3 year equates to the same thing as the 150 plastic bottles that £89 of bottled water represents used in lets say 3 years? Leave alone all the road transportation
environmental costs and unnecessary road cluttering. NZ has answered the
ceramic cartridge aspects.

I think you missed what I was intending

Now now! I'm sure you're not suggesting that one plastic bottle in 3 year equates to the same thing as the 150 plastic bottles that £89 of bottled water represents used in lets say 3 years? Leave alone all the road transportation
environmental costs and unnecessary road cluttering. NZ has answered the
ceramic cartridge aspects.

Indeed not
Our 5 litre bottle was refilled (from a tap) as we needed and as the UK is proposing (only now)

Mini cleansing Ie Individuals using cartridges of whatever type will create waste/pollution ..so just creating another problem ahead!

IF ceramic cartridges are a permanent (or even semi-permanent) method of cleansing "personal drinking water" then maybe.

In NZ houses have their own septic tanks but no way of emptying (I believe having direct knowledge) So when full they dig more tanks..
Not sure what happens in cities or when they run out of land !

NZ Green credentials are great but.....

Indeed not
Our 5 litre bottle was refilled (from a tap) as we needed and as the UK is proposing (only now)

Mini cleansing Ie Individuals using cartridges of whatever type will create waste/pollution ..so just creating another problem ahead!

IF ceramic cartridges are a permanent (or even semi-permanent) method of cleansing "personal drinking water" then maybe.

In NZ houses have their own septic tanks but no way of emptying (I believe having direct knowledge) So when full they dig more tanks..

Hi ya,
Not sure but I ‘Think’ that Byronic s NZ reference was referring to ‘’Nesting Zombie ‘ as in ME & the quote s lifted in my post that referred to Bottles & Filters Recycling !,,Maybe!!

Ah

Hi ya,
Not sure but I ‘Think’ that Byronic s NZ reference was referring to ‘’Nesting Zombie ‘ as in ME & the quote s lifted in my post !,,Maybe!!

I see now ! Thanks

But and only a small but there is still a minor issue of disposal !

Last edited:
Indeed not

lots of houses etc in uk are on their own private septics . i like old fashioned two chambered block or brick built ones . .should never require emptying if big enough and no chemicals put in them.
my house here as one ,but unfortunately the old lady that lived here from when it was built went on mains sewage 5yrs before i bought it. she had a grant at the time and thought it was ideal.
i dont just means slightly higher water bill.
cant come off mains sewage once you are on it.
i worked in the sewage industry later and know of many that worked fine till new owners started using automatic washing machines and dish washers and were obsessed with bleach etc .
they can be made good but some water must be land drained not put in with the sewage waste.
i have said before ,ring your local water company and go on a visit to the sewage and or fresh water works . its very interesting .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back