National lock down in Scotland

Out and about today for work reasons covered a good few miles all round the Glasgow area .Nothing different out still hundreds of cars on the road and people everywhere all the business I use as suppliers are still open with no visible queues anywhere nothing like the first lockdown. Strange how the roads were so busy with the schools being closed. Looked to me like any normal day not a national lock down.
I bet it got on your tits 🤔😉

Just driven from Dunblane to Edinburgh and roads seem as busy as normal. Don’t think people are taking things as seriously as they did with the first lockdown. 🤷‍♂️😷

Drove past our local COVID test centre as I do most days about 2 miles from where I live and there’s a line of people waiting to get tested that easily must stretch for 400yds. Think there’s a huge flair up in this area after the Christmas holidays. Not looking good here.

Drove past our local COVID test centre as I do most days about 2 miles from where I live and there’s a line of people waiting to get tested that easily must stretch for 400yds. Think there’s a huge flair up in this area after the Christmas holidays. Not looking good here.

Try and stay safe, the site needs you're input and now you're a grandad you have extra responsibility to the family.

When I was at the doctor today I asked if they knew when I may be offered a vaccination. It may well be quite some time, even the nurse had been unable to get one and apparently there was a 400 yard queue of NHS staff at a hospital in Glasgow when they were given appointments when no vaccine was available. Since the flu jabs stopped being organised by GPs they too have become chaotic.
Definitely a good time to isolate in this area.

Trying my best to steer clear of anyone. I think it’s time to batten down the hatches and nail the doors and windows shut for a while.
Pretty straightforward here on Bute - we just tell Calmac tae keep everybody away !!
It has pretty much worked - I think Bute is clear of infection - so far.
Just checked - Argyll & Bute has the lowest infection rate of all local authorities in Tier 4.

Pretty straightforward here on Bute - we just tell Calmac tae keep everybody away !!
It has pretty much worked - I think Bute is clear of infection - so far.
Just checked - Argyll & Bute has the lowest infection rate of all local authorities in Tier 4.
I'm sure that's what has worked for us on Westray. The ferries were very strict about travel between the islands during the first lockdown with pretty much haulage lorries only being transported (and even they were unmanned and collected at either end).

This time round the whole of Orkney has stayed in tier3 so travel between the islands is still possible but not between Orkney Mainland and Scotland Mainland.

Perfect!!!!

Saw a camper parked up on Soutra at midday today on the way back from my old boys.

Just saying the cops look like they are pulling people who look like they are camping or travelling for leisure. But I’d bet my house on it a camper with two canoes in that area were not out for there groceries.

Another here, Wully. Time to bill the idiots.

On initial thought taking your van out without encountering anyone seems ideal in the current pandemic. It’s the unforeseen that hides the danger not only to yourself but others too. An accident or breakdown could easily expose others to the virus, if not from yourself then by those assisting unnecessarily being in proximity to colleagues. It’s simply not acceptable to think that you can ignore the rules that apply to everyone to suit your own wishes.

Just saying the cops look like they are pulling people who look like they are camping or travelling for leisure. But I’d bet my house on it a camper with two canoes in that area were not out for there groceries.
Maybe fishing for their tea !🤔😂

Unless the food they were out to buying was passed its SAIL BY date. 😂 😂 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back