National insurance contributions

Curious to hear how you think he nearly bankrupted the country. He seems to be the only person who fights the financial corner for ordinary people.

Davy
He was advising people to invest in Icelandic banks right up to the morning it all went tit's up, he's never said a word about it since, I'm no banking expert but even I knew Iceland had no history of banking.

Curious to hear how you think he nearly bankrupted the country. He seems to be the only person who fights the financial corner for ordinary people.

Davy
Staggering Martin Lewis has done so much to help those in dire need than just about anyone I know. He has informed and encouraged many to claim for benefits that have made life better for them. I cannot see how helping those in need by keeping them informed is bankrupting the country.

He was advising people to invest in Icelandic banks right up to the morning it all went tit's up, he's never said a word about it since, I'm no banking expert but even I knew Iceland had no history of banking.
Sorry but that’s completely misleading.
First Icesave was a U.K. regulated bank, with partial protection from the U.K. government of £35,000 and the remainder being paid by the Icelandic government. Bringing the total to £50,000. Martins website gave information on the then high rates of interest, but supplemented this with warnings about the difference of protection offered. When the 2008 crisis occurred many lost their lives savings in shares when the banking crisis hit. Those with funds in Icesave were eventually compensated to the maximum of the limit provided under the scheme by the U.K. and the Dutch governments. It was eventually decided that the U.K. and Dutch governments were alone responsible for this compensation. Most of those who saved in these banks did so out with any advice given by Martin Lewis, it’s reckoned that only about 3% who saved with them did so because of information on his website. Martin Lewis does not offer and has never offered financial advice. What he does is inform you were the best rates are, and information on protection offered. The rest is up to you.

But leaving this to one side Martin has done so much for the poorer members of our country. He has kept poorer people informed of their rights, and has fought and won compensation, changes in government policy which have benefited so many in need. I fail to see how he has nearly bankrupted our country. If you want to lay such an accusation anywhere I suggest you look elsewhere. I won’t mention the unmentionable P word on here, but I think you know where I am coming from.

So a person who advised Icesave was giving high interest rates and was not likely to go bust with statements such as this
The risk of it going bust, doesn’t seem to be very substantively more than any other top savings account bank and this is unlikely to happen
, and made money on people linking to Icesave through his website is OK then.
p.s. I first learnt of Icesave from someone who himself linked through from MSE website, if I had put my money with them I wouldn't have been termed as going through MSE, I later met a Icesave director who was attempting to do a deal with my then boss, we decided not to deal with him.

Last edited:
So a person who advised Icesave was giving high interest rates and was not likely to go bust with statements such as this , and made money on people linking to Icesave through his website is OK then.
The fact was the British controlled Icesave bank was giving higher rates. Many other analysts gave similar advice. Hardly anyone foresaw what happened in 2008. But giving information on were the highest rates are, and quoting advice given by amongst other organisations the Bank of England who gave similar advice cannot be laid at his feet, and that cannot be deemed financial advice. Martin always seeks such advice from those qualified to give it, and has stated repeatedly that he does not do as you have claimed he did, give financial advice,

But what astounds me about your accusations is you reckon he almost bankrupted the country. Those who invested in this bank were all compensated, and as far as I know we never went bankrupt. And those who invested from information on his site amounted to a tiny proportion of these investors.

it could be a good idea to actually have 2 safes. one with a little bit in and another with the diamonds, gold and wad of white fivers. (but obviously someone with two safes would not tell anyone ;) )
I know where you live :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

it could be a good idea to actually have 2 safes. one with a little bit in and another with the diamonds, gold and wad of white fivers. (but obviously someone with two safes would not tell anyone ;) )
How about twenty safes but actually hide it under your mattress😏

I would put one safe inside the other safe then it would be ........................................................ a safe safe :)

i leave a wallet with a few euro in it with some old credit cards handy for all to see whilst the real wallet is under my pillow

i leave a wallet with a few euro in it with some old credit cards handy for all to see whilst the real wallet is under my pillow
Some folk leave a few twenties about the house for tea leaves to find and scarper, house across the rd from me was burgled, I ph the cops, 20 mins later they arrived and ask me where they were, reply was about belfast by now.:mad:

Some folk leave a few twenties about the house for tea leaves to find and scarper, house across the rd from me was burgled, I ph the cops, 20 mins later they arrived and ask me where they were, reply was about belfast by now.:mad:
About four year ago house was broken into when away for a weekend. When we returned home, there was a twenty pound note left on coffee table, along with a note saying the scrotes wiped their feet before they left ma hoose!!

Money is no good to a dead man. :eek:
If you had of seen me when my motorhome got broken into in Spain you might realise I'm not lying. Thankfully for them they had gone . One of the best dreams I had months after was finding the bastards and serving my retribution. But in reality I would take anyone on but however protecting my wife would be my number 1 priority. It does pay to use your intelligence first even if you don't scare easy.

Problem is if you tackle the thieving scum and he gets hurt your the one that gets prosecuted. Such s the law in this country. However in the u.s you as the homeowner can shoot them dead.Shame we can't do that if we disturb someone raiding our motorhomes speaking from experience I would have no problem pulling the trigger.

Bloody hell this was a topic about national insurance contributions🤣🤣🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back