National insurance contributions

I had 40 years of contributions paid but still only got two thirds state pension and a 2 page letter explaining why which made no sense to me other than I think they were blaming me for retiring aged 59. Good job I had a decent private pension.
Sure they tax that to, there is no incentive to work hard and save in the UK, best to go on the dole and bonk every woman from heaven to hell and claim for everything, get pissed and gamble & smoke like puffing billy.

Fact is Rob I know those who never worked a day and have half million-pound race horses big BMW cars and 2/3 holls a year to their villa in pain, what pi--es me of big time is the bu--ers never told me how. :unsure:
The secret is in hiding your money if the thieving government think you have it they will do all they can to take it from you. Best off hiding it under the bed. I used to have a safe in the house I had and always took it out of the bank.

Do a check to work out the pension that is applicable to you.
I had to pay over 35 years to get a full pension, because I was contracted out when I paid into a works pension . It's possible to get a pension estimate online. I then rang the pensions office to make an appointment to speak to someone who had looked at my contributions. They gave me very good advice

Do a check to work out the pension that is applicable to you.
I had to pay over 35 years to get a full pension, because I was contracted out when I paid into a works pension . It's possible to get a pension estimate online. I then rang the pensions office to make an appointment to speak to someone who had looked at my contributions. They gave me very good advice
We are trying ar the moment but seams impossible to get through and if we do then there is security to get through wanting to know what I was doing 10 years ago.

I have tried online and for the life of me I cannot get it to work or open, more bluff if you ask me.

The secret is in hiding your money if the thieving government think you have it they will do all they can to take it from you. Best off hiding it under the bed. I used to have a safe in the house I had and always took it out of the bank.
I do not keep more than a grand in the bank, but dont keep it at home as someone at gunpoint will just ask you to open the safe.

As far as I am aware you have to pay NI until you reach retirement age. The amount you pay will obviously depend on the amount you earn. The obligation to pay NI automatically stops once you reach retirement age.

I topped up my contributions recently to achieve a full state pension. I am now determined to live to at least 72 to break even 😀

If I had not lifted my pot I would have had to live to 144 to get back each week in pension what I paid in, Its all a con

As far as I am aware you have to pay NI until you reach retirement age. The amount you pay will obviously depend on the amount you earn. The obligation to pay NI automatically stops once you reach retirement age.
Yes, No, Maybe.
There's a lot of 'twists and turns', with some income deemed liable and others not.
Take last tax year, gf took early retirement a few years back, because for much of her working life she paid into an employers pension scheme she voluntarily had to pay approx. £800 class 3 towards getting state pension
I'm self employed and should have to pay a minimum of approx. £150 class 2, but as I was deemed unfit for fulltime work I never paid a penny the DWP covered it, oddly enough my total income was above 'normal' tax (and NI) threshold, but only approx. £1000 was deemed as 'employment'.

Yes I saw that story, he's years behind on this so how the hell is it 'urgent'.
Presumably he thinks it is urgent because of the April deadline.

I've been retired for over 10 years so irrelevant for me.

Presumably he thinks it is urgent because of the April deadline.

I've been retired for over 10 years so irrelevant for me.
Sorry wasn't meant as a dig at you, but 'the money saving expert' who nearly bankrupted this country is not my favourite person, every story run on him is 'urgent'.

It depends on your income (and what type of income), as Colin says.
Over a certain amount, it is mandatory. Under a certain amount it is voluntary.

Sorry wasn't meant as a dig at you, but 'the money saving expert' who nearly bankrupted this country is not my favourite person, every story run on him is 'urgent'.

Martin Lewis has been urging people to check their pension contributions for at least 4 years, probably longer. This story is genuinely urgent as from April you will only be able to buy the last 6 years whereas at present you can buy back to 2006 (if my memory is correct) although for most people the important years are from 2016. There is plenty of information available.

Curious to hear how you think he nearly bankrupted the country. He seems to be the only person who fights the financial corner for ordinary people.

Davy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back