N. Ireland Aires survey, please help

TeamRienza

Ards and N. Down district council (N. Ireland) are seeking information from motorhomers in order to evaluate the need for Motorhome parking and Aires provision in their district. This information may become the template or evidence base for other councils. There is a slow awakening in the whole island of Ireland to the need for facilities. I am working with the council and motorhomecraic.com to seek provision of same.

I would be pleased if you could find the time to complete the survey, even if you have not been to Ireland yet. The answers you provide will almost certainly be similar to your own motorhoming experience. Pass the word to other motorhomers if you can.

Aire de Service, user survey
- Ards and North Down Borough Council
- Citizen Space

Regards

Davy

Ards and N. Down district council (N. Ireland) are seeking information from motorhomers in order to evaluate the need for Motorhome parking and Aires provision in their district. This information may become the template or evidence base for other councils. There is a slow awakening in the whole island of Ireland to the need for facilities. I am working with the council and motorhomecraic.com to seek provision of same.

I would be pleased if you could find the time to complete the survey, even if you have not been to Ireland yet. The answers you provide will almost certainly be similar to your own motorhoming experience. Pass the word to other motorhomers if you can.

Aire de Service, user survey
- Ards and North Down Borough Council
- Citizen Space

Regards

Davy

Done, Hope it helps.
Jim

Done. No major plans to visit Ireland but if the facilities are there, then maybe.

Done. They already have good provision in the aire they have provided. This authority gave me quite a good response and costs information regarding provision of facilities when I asked for the Motorhome Tourism group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally from Belfast and took the family on a Motorhome tour of N Ireland. Made use of several Aires that have sprung up as well as wilding. Normally don’t have time for surveys but exception made for this one @TeamRienza

Completed. Let’s hope other councils follow suit.

Hi Maureenandtom,

The district council is dipping its toe in the water. They have one Aire in a small town called Donaghadee. Very scenic, seaside town where the Aire has been very successful. However the service point (a proper french one) is not well placed.

Individuals around the whole island are working and lobbying for more and better provision. The tourist department of this council needs evidence of potential use and financial return to local business before they commit funds to projects.

Our hope is to have involvement with our expertise to ensure they are guided along a mutually beneficial
Path, particularly with design and location. I will certainly be posting on the outcome of the survey insofar as I am granted access to it.

Thanks to all who have so far completed the questionnaire. It is open until 5th January, so please feel free to complete it. Even if you have not been to Ireland (North or south) the pattern of your use and spend etc is likely to transfer across the water.

Davy

Survey completed. How refreshing to get asked our opinions, hope they get lots of replies. We're hoping to tour Ireland next year or the year after.

Davy,

There was a European-wide survey carried out by a Portuguese Motorhomer, Raul Lopes, in 2010 and is the only survey I know about. You maybe remember it. Raul gave his permission to use the survey in any way we found useful. I've used it a couple of times and Raul confirmed a couple of months ago that we could still use it if we wanted. It's interesting reading anyway whether we use it or not.

2017_12_23_144331.png

If my dropbox link is working you should be able to download it from that below.

Dropbox - The european motorhomers-summary of Answers to International Survey.pdf

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back