My new Transporter.

I’ve installed a cranked table leg with table top designed by Pat my wife and produced by Chippys workshop, also fitted table storage brackets in the rear.

John.

77187A72-4EB4-40F4-9CDF-222F2FB0ADB7.jpeg

F0976572-AB01-4701-8BFD-FED44B133007.jpeg

My Lad has a 1965 Splitty, a 1973 Westphalia camper van, a 2018 T6 Kombi and a 2019 Tiguan.
He’s a VW nut.

John.
I have been a VW nut in the past but there's one I've had for 40 years which I can't bear to part with.

Attachments

• IMG_E4122.JPG
    IMG_E4122.JPG
    599.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_E4123.JPG
    IMG_E4123.JPG
    598.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_E4128.JPG
    IMG_E4128.JPG
    638.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_E4129.JPG
    IMG_E4129.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_E4132.JPG
    IMG_E4132.JPG
    576.8 KB · Views: 73
Outstanding example. Fantastic job!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Those genuine VW stamped steel wheels which are as rare as rocking-horse £$%^ were made to commemorate something that I can’t remember. The small octagonal stainless steel hub caps are even rarer, they cost me £100 each at a “beetle bash” in 1985!

Latest with my van
I started to fit my oriental diesel heater this afternoon, got the van front up on axle stands and levelling ramp, removed the plastic side under tray installed 6mm rivnuts and bolted the stainless steel plate up to chassis and mounted the heater. I bought the Eberspächer mounting plate and I had to elongate the bolt holes to marry up to my oriental heaters mounting threads. I have plenty of time so I’m not rushing the install will be doing it as and when the weather permits.

John.
C0FAA8DA-A8C2-4ED9-938A-64C4B6139885.png
18834CD8-953D-484F-92F0-B27A2ED2DE1B.png
DB99DD99-9596-44BE-B3E9-053CC6DD15A1.png

18 miles from you two where nicked last week that I know of.

We're a prime target. With my extended family we have 8 diesel vehicles on the drive overnight. The last time when they did my Sprinter the bill came to £3k.

I've even thought of putting in some sort of structure to drive my van over (between the wheels) so they can't get underneath.

We're a prime target. With my extended family we have 8 diesel vehicles on the drive overnight. The last time when they did my Sprinter the bill came to £3k.

I've even thought of putting in some sort of structure to drive my van over (between the wheels) so they can't get underneath.

If you do that Rob make sure you put up enough warning signs of the dangers because if you don`t and the thieves hurt themselves they`ll probably have a claim against you 🤬

There are locks available Link. Knowepark fit locks to the vans they sell. Their compound was broken into once and many stolen, so they started removing them. One night thieves broke in and stole all the stored removed cats!

There are locks available Link. Knowepark fit locks to the vans they sell. Their compound was broken into once and many stolen, so they started removing them. One night thieves broke in and stole all the stored removed cats!

I've considered these Bill but I heard that they are of varying quality and some can be simply cut off. I will do some research into the one you have linked to.

Some interesting information in that link though regarding the reasons for theft and lenient penalties. I always thought that theft was for the precious metals (which the thieves get very little for) rather than resale so maybe a more lucrative business than I first thought!

Reactions: 2cv
Been a few been nicked round here.
Luckily not mine, and my van is easy to work under.
Hope I haven't tempted fate now, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Been a few been nicked round here.
Luckily not mine, and my van is easy to work under.
Hope I haven't tempted fate now, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

My van isn't easy to get under but it is doable.

I could of course chuck some dog crap under there so at least I would know they have been crawling through it. 😊

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back