My new Transporter.

We had our T5 for 10years and the pop top was one thing I couldn’t do without. Ours was up in all weathers as I found it a bit claustrophobic to sleep in with the roof down.
I only had my T5 for about 18 months and when I changed there were two absolutes I had to have in the replacement ...
1) Fixed Bed
2) Room to stand up straight.

The first I can see as optional for many, especially if you want a vehicle small enough to use as a car-replacement, but not the second if there is any choice.

I only ever had one V Dub in my life, it was a 1303 in yellow, kept it 3 mths as it was the worst car iv ever driven, slow thusty bad handling poor brakes and floated on puddles like a jetski, never mind the clutch over heating and slipping when driven hard, but that was 40 years back, the vans look good these days.

A bit more done, I’ve fitted double seat swivel, grab handle to help Pat into the van, started to fit mud flaps with the front completed but I can’t undo the wheel nuts to do the rear as they’re to tight.

John.

0810AF96-332B-424C-8054-FB7AEF3648B9.jpeg
4901CDDA-20D8-4D08-831B-FA9FAE1674C8.jpeg
03FD31C8-DBF9-444F-94B8-FBB4D879FB9A.jpeg
D4C02B92-E90A-48DB-86A9-19501235AFA1.jpeg

If you have stuck fast alloys or steel, use some spray oil down the back and leave overnight, slight tap at the back of the tire with a mallet and bingo.

If you have stuck fast alloys or steel, use some spray oil down the back and leave overnight, slight tap at the back of the tire with a mallet and bingo.
Never use the Trev mallet method on your nice alloys. Use the power of leverage and yet a big prybar or tyre lever between the wheel and the calliper or similar and lever it off easily.

Never use the Trev mallet method on your nice alloys. Use the power of leverage and yet a big prybar or tyre lever between the wheel and the calliper or similar and lever it off easily.
In fairness he said a slight tap on the tire (he meant tyre) not the alloy.

Not even an Ulsterman would hit alloys with a mallet.

Although Martin Donnelly did hit one with his head

Couple of tins of red calliper paint. Remove, clean, mask slides and piston and give them a as many good coats of paint as you can. Fit them back on with plenty grease in the calliper slides, wee bleed and nice shiny callipers👌View attachment 113370

Perfect solution Cal.

I think they really set the wheels off.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back