Must See Movies?

Hi All

All quite on the western front (the first one)
Animal Farm (h.g wells) the first cartoon to be 'x' rated and even now shows a good insight on how the E.U. or any goverment come to that is run
Green Mile
Some like it hot
Those magnificent men in there flying machines
A matter of life and death
And lots more
Bye for now
Freddie:wave:

Kelly's Heros, a Clint Eastwood, Tely Syvallas, Donald Sutherland and many more WWII Classic!

Phil,thought you would have picked RV with Robin Williams. Great film
Anyway my choices
Cape Fear- both original with Robert Mitchum and the De Niro one
Shawshank
In Bruge
The Mission
All the spaghetti westerns
But best film of all time has to be...............Twelve Angry men
Oh and just for the music Out Of Africa

Phil! There's only one film your lass should watch at her age. HUMAN TRAFFIC.

As for the rest of you:

Kids: Spirited Away
Teens: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist or Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

Us older folk: Once Were Warriors, American History X, Apocolypse Now (Redux), Platoon, & Afro Samurai (Series, but all on one disc)

Last of the Mohicans - a young Daniel Day Lewis (mmmmmmm....) and beautiful soundtrack

Also, My Left Foot, superb performance by Daniel Day Lewis

Then if you want a familiar theme! ie Road trips & vans

Road Trip,
Euro Road Trip,
Race with the Devil,
RV (already said),
Paul,
Max & Paddy,
Supervan,
Vanishing Point (original),
Cannonball Run (I & II),
Gumball Rally (1976)
Convoy

to name but a few.....

Most definitely INTO THE WILD, but read the book first

I have not yet read the book.I so love the film that i even have the music to the film.:lol-053:
Apparently there are sketches and letters going to be released if they have not been published at this time.
Legend.

A lot of my favourites have already been mentioned - from Schindler's List to the Life of Brian but here's a couple that haven't yet been listed:

1. The Producers (Mel Brookes is a comic genius)
2. Brassed Off (Pete Posslethwaite should have got an Oscar for that one)

As with most lists, my favourites will vary from day to day and according to my mood but I would always make time to watch either of those again.

I have not yet read the book.I so love the film that i even have the music to the film.:lol-053:
Apparently there are sketches and letters going to be released if they have not been published at this time.
Legend.

i was going to buy the soundtrack on Amazon, just never got round to it. I discovered the book about 15 years ago through a number of quotes from it which were used in a book called "Between a rock and a hard place" (the recent film 127 hours is based on that) which I was reading at the time, the quotes were so inspiring that I decided to track down the book which they came from and it was excellent. Then i saw the film a few years later and its a pretty good representation of the book. I can definitely recommend both books. Haven't seen 127 hours yet but planning to do so soon.

Sadly my tw*t of an ex ended up with my copy of the film Into the wild but I think instead of buying the soundtrack, I'm just gonna get myself another copy and not let it out of my house in future. Definitely a film to watch when feeling a bit miserable, or unmotivated, or aimless.

"Debbie does Dallas".....No link available;)

I have passed your suggestion on to my 17 year old daughter. (NOT)

Are you you still upset because I deleted the link you added to an Adult Sex Toy Website? (which was against the rules of this website)

he might not be but i could have done with a few new gadgets and appliances for xmas

Phil! There's only one film your lass should watch at her age. HUMAN TRAFFIC.

As for the rest of you:

Kids: Spirited Away
Teens: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist or Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

Us older folk: Once Were Warriors, American History X, Apocolypse Now (Redux), Platoon, & Afro Samurai (Series, but all on one disc)

Once were warriors,i loved it,they did a follow on from it called "what becomes of the broken hearted" loved american history x too have these films on disk forever.
The predator films i am a massive fan off and have a brilliant tattoo of one ,on my arm,the best i have seen in fact and looking online i havent seen a better one most are crappy.

Also great films are The Lives of Others and Citizen X.
Trainspotting(who can ever get fed up of the underworld theme) and Fight club two more and Apocalypto.

Are you you still upset because I deleted the link you added

No Phil....I've had my little sulk.
Just trying to inject a bit of sarcastic wit to the proceedings. No offence meant....I really must get out more often!

what about
toy story
chicken run
zulu (watch it every year hehehe)
waterloo
brassed off
great escape(he'll get over the fence this year we brought him a better m/bike) :scooter:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back