Motorhomer subjected to “violent and unprovoked” attack.

I have a 4 foot torque bar for the wheel nuts on my van, its the truth osifer, honest, well he was a nut.

As a karate instructor the question regularly crops up ,in an altercation what is their advantage, usually theres more than one, so the answer is drop the first one quickly to deal with the others. The answer then when questioned is you were afraid for your life and protecting your family.
here's myself circa 1986 (I am the one doing the "posed" flying kick for the camera) I studied wado ryu karate for many years..
its come in very useful twice in my life (once when some guys tried to mug me at a cashpoint and once in a nightclub) but hopefully I will never ever have to use it again..
so I don't keep any weapons in my van apart from my "empty hands" in japanese empty hands means kara-te
mind you I am twice the size now from when that photo was taken :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
such is life

Attachments

• Karate (2).jpg
    Karate (2).jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 72
here's myself circa 1986 (I am the one doing the "posed" flying kick for the camera) I studied wado ryu karate for many years..
its come in very useful twice in my life (once when some guys tried to mug me at a cashpoint and once in a nightclub) but hopefully I will never ever have to use it again..
so I don't keep any weapons in my van apart from my "empty hands" in japanese empty hands means kara-te
such is life

Nah! This is what you need to study.

Don't get this type of offence in USA the scum don't know what might be waiting in side a door. A friend of the wifes married a Arab banker and lived in America someone came around and drugged up tried to break down their front door he shot him thru the wooden door when it went quiet he opened the door an matey was dead as a door nail Police came an took matey away an told them make sure they fall inwards.
Yes the good old USA are an example to us all when it comes to violence

I must say reading this thread concerns me a little. The original post should concern any reasonable minded person but the subsequent comments and experiences almost concern me more.

Some of you sound too have a proper chequered life! By contrast I must have had a very sheltered/blessed life as I've never been in a fight or physical altercation of any kind. The idea of carrying any form of "weapon", or thoughts of weaponising domestic objects, is just not something I have ever considered. It seams to me that to do so would just be upping the ante.

Heaven forbid I should ever find myself in the situation where someone was attacking the outside of my van but if I did I definitely would not be getting out and "having a go". I'm pretty sure it is safer to stay in the van (castle mentality).

Now just in case you think I'm being soft make no mistake my immediate action would be to start the van and make an exit mowing the toe rags down if they didn't move. As for being boxed in. I'd ram their vehicle out of the way. Far from ideal but better to "injure" the van than myself. Ideally, they would be behind me where the tow ball could do its work.

such is life

Blimey Tim! What did Freddie Mercury do to upset you?

And why is he attacking him in what appears to be the Phoenix club out of Phoenix nights?
very observant Barry for spotting the badges.. the "fist and phoenix" is the Japanese emblem for wado ryu karate
the venue was in fact the social club of the company we both worked at the time..
happy days

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back