Votes: 33 20.8%
  • The South

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Midlands and East Anglia

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • The North

Votes: 47 29.6%

• Total voters
Poor Jagmanx! I presume this was just a bit of fun but it seems to have upset a few people. Im surprised the Yorkies have not been on demanding that Yorkshire has its own category as its a heinous crime to lump Yorkshire in with "The North" or any inferior region for that matter. :ROFLMAO:
Yorkie, yes please.
yorkie.png

I am quite sure no offence was intended. I have read many posts by jagmanx in the past and hold him in the same regard as most other members.

I am aware that the poll was intended to be a bit of fun, but why should I be excluded from the fun because of my address.

I quoted the government simply as a way of demonstrating how discrimination and exclusion can occur. I did not wish to make a point of the ignorance of huge swathes of great British citizens to a part of their Kingdom.

Davy

All my comments on here, (in fact on most threads) are either tongue in cheek or to get a smile. Life’s to short to worry over regional differences. I have now cast my vote as well, at least on this poll I know I am based in the North now (Humberside) as previous base outside Buxton had links to Manchester/Stockport for post code, tv was Granada although looking at the poll it should have been midlands but was miles away from East Midlands.
Suppose it could have been worse and been in Chesterfield that is basically now a suburb of Sheffield in Yorkshire but it’s in Derbyshire and would still be east midlands. Not sure if I have confused everyone else yet but I have confused myself so will leave it there 😂😂😂

i think most of the posts have a tongue firmly in the cheek , as do most posts on here the degree of drift can be quite amazing eg someone posted about taking a cheeky couple of weeks last minute holiday within two pages we are on the anti keith lemon & bbc

For those that have never been employed by the Government, it may help to know that they take accurately identifying some things as quite important:

View attachment 108706

Add in Scotland, Wales and NI then "The Colonies" and "Foreign Places": Bob's your uncle!

Gordon

(My Uncle Bob was killed in a mining accident: hopefully everyone else's did better :eek: )
So, koff, koff, straight face applied:
Does this map show Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and the North where be dragons as one area (yellow)
Surrey, Kent, Both Sussexes and a bit more I would need a map to identify and the North East as one are (pink)
Etc etc etc 🤪😳😜

We have a Sheffield postcode, so Yorkshire, hence North. Sheffield is our nearest big town, where all our nearest hospitals are. Our address is Derbyshire in the Peak District so North East Midlands. We are in High Peak Council area, based in Buxton, but we are close to the Derbyshire Dales boundary where all all our local facilities and shops are. We hardly ever go to towns in High Peak as they are all on t’other side of t’hills, as is Sheffield t’other way. We come from t’north, and feel like northerners. So what are we?
Confused I should think😉

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back