• The South

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Midlands and East Anglia

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • The North

Votes: 47 29.6%

• Total voters
Apologies. To you, Davy, Trev and others
Unfortunately I cannot change it.(or see how to)
If Admin can I ask him to add Northern Ireland
As you may have read , by implication I fully support NI.
Ps We risk annoying those on ROI
Ps 2 I was in Belfast back in the late 60s when the first bomb went off.
I have helped to host an NI school
Rugby team and visited both NI and ROI.

Last edited:
Why East Midlands but not East Yorkshire, it’s a big area 😂😂

The region map was obviously drawn up by a Southerner and probably in the days when we had an empire. Well we didn’t have an empire in Buxton we had a Spa (cinema) which they turned into a job centre but I seem to think we had an empire in Great Barr was I was a nipper.

Jagmanx,
No apology is required, however, it is a perfect example of how this section of the UK is constantly ignored, and overlooked, sometimes inadvertently and sometimes deliberately. Look at the Phuk up with the protocol.

Your ps2 is a good example. Ignore Northern Ireland in case we offend those from the Republic of Ireland.

Anyway, hopefully a few will appreciate where I am coming from with my feelings. Case closed.

Davy

those of us from the south west arnt too chuffed with being lumped in "the South" . the needs of the south west are constantly ignored by london politics. generally weve got just as many grievances as the other better defined regions that have vocal independance movements , just arguably a more realistic view of realities

imho of course

those of us from the south west arnt too chuffed with being lumped in "the South" . the needs of the south west are constantly ignored by london politics. generally weve got just as many grievances as the other better defined regions that have vocal independance movements , just arguably a more realistic view of realities

imho of course

Poor Jagmanx! I presume this was just a bit of fun but it seems to have upset a few people. Im surprised the Yorkies have not been on demanding that Yorkshire has its own category as its a heinous crime to lump Yorkshire in with "The North" or any inferior region for that matter. :ROFLMAO:

Poor Jagmanx! I presume this was just a bit of fun but it seems to have upset a few people. Im surprised the Yorkies have not been on demanding that Yorkshire has its own category as its a heinous crime to lump Yorkshire in with "The North" or any inferior region for that matter. :ROFLMAO:
Nah, I thought it was a good idea but limited by the figures it was supposed to tie in with.

As they say, you can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can't tell him much :D :D :D

Pretty much the same 'down south' as there's a massive cultural divide across the Exe-Tees line and many from the South West (i.e. South of Bristol and West of the Exe-Tees line) wouldn't want to be lumped in with those from the South East. 😉

We could end up with a civil war on here if we're not careful.

Im in neutral territory here. My village has a North Yorkshire address but technically and politically they moved the border between Durham and Yorkshire to the top of the village so officially its Country Durham and Teesdale but the border was traditionally south of the River Tees which is about half a mile due north of my house. There is a County Durham sign to the south of the village but a North Yorkshire sign to the north east as you enter. :D nobody knows. However there have been several attempts over the years to remove or attack the County Durham sign.. :D Presumably by a disgruntled Yorkie.

Is it any wonder us UK citizens in N. Ireland get pissed off with the constant attitude of the Government and to a large extent the population of GB.

Seems like we don’t exist. Adjust your poll or withdraw it please.

Davy
This poll is of course nothing to do with the government it's just a bit of fun, nothing to do with the large extent of the population of GB either, who are probably as pissed off as you are, but with the constant chip on the shoulder of a large extent of the population of N.Ireland.

The poll is just a bit of fun and I'm sure no offence was intended, it doesn't need to be turned into something political.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back