Motorhome Length ?

All depends on driver, I can park my 7.2 mt. van in a single parking space without taking too much more than your average car. I would NEVER take up 2 spaces let alone 4 spaces in a car park,super market park. If you can’t park correctly then you should not be driving it..
That's a feat I can't manage unless there's a flat verge over which to put the overhang. <fe>So I guess I should not be 'driving it'!</fe> That said, I have a LWB van and the front sticks out beyond most parking spaces even if I can put the rear overhang over a verge. Much better to take up 2 spaces but, as others have implied, many supermarket car parking spaces are too narrow for my 2.3m wide motorhome and although the van physically fits, it's impossible to use the habitation door if anyone parks in the adjacent bay and it can be impossible to drive away without the overhang hitting the car in the next bay.

Bottom line is that there are some supermarkets we don't use because there is no adequate parking for the van. Chances are there is one with more-suitable parking a few miles away...

If you want to go shopping with a big van, ask if you can park in the goods in area. You know, where the things that are big go to park lol.

We've also done two malls, Swindon outlet centre, and Bicester shopping thing. They both directed us to an area I didn't know existed where they park coaches.

PS, even if you get blocked in at a supermarket, just put the kettle on and make a sandwich. When you've finished that, they will have moved... Surely no-one is in that much of a rush?

Just looked at an Ariel photo taken at Hereford from a drone on motorhomer.com and looking at this photo of about 70 vans I counted 10 tag axel vans over 8 meters and one pickfords van s3ve 😂think probably 50% of all the other vans in this photo were well over 7 meters smaller vans do have better access to some places but the guy wae the T5 wae nae toilet or shower would think a six meter van is too big My vans 8.7 meters I’ve never found it problem parking or wild camping it’s about your own savvy planning ahead and enjoying your super king size bed giant fridge and a garage big enough to do a house removal in.

We have a 6.35m A Class with a large front lounge with bad and the drop down bed giving plenty of room.

Fits into a car parking space width wise and if we can get a slight overhang length wise as well

My A class is only 6.9m, but has a tag axle with rear garage, so has only a metre (if that) of overhang at the back.
I am able to fit into a car parking space in most supermarkets and car parks, as long as I can overhang grass or a non parking area.
To date (over 6+ years) I have had no problems finding parking, I always park where I can see a straight exit out of the parking space, if not, then I go elsewhere.
After a long drive I pulled into Castle Donnington Services as I really needed a break. The caravan parking area was full or had a small van parked in the middle of the lane :( so I parked at the back of the car park with my rear wheels up the kerb onto the grass.

Hi Bobtaylor,
we have a 7mt motorhome and we have done 2 pub stops with no problems, but dont use motorhome much. carparks can be a problem as any or most motorhomes are bigger than a car. there are lot of places around. we find our larger motorhome is better for us, there is only 2 of us but that is what we prefer, and is handy if you family want to join you now and again. happy hunting enjoy. Rita
Thanks Rita, we’ve pretty much narrowed it down to what we want now, layout, size, spec, etc, just waiting for my pension payout now, then get it...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back