Motorhome cleaning service North East anyone?

I really hope this firm coming to do ours on Monday can crack it. I have my doubts and I almost feel sorry for them for the task they have ahead. God Knows what Swift were thinking when they made the Kontiki 640 roof but it clearly does not clean like most motorhome roofs. Had it been one smooth surface then perhaps it would be easier. I often wonder if its to do with where I park it wedged inbetween two houses with only inches to spare either side but its grim. Grimmer than a grim thing for sure! :D

If they do manage to clean it I wonder if there is something that can be applied to prevent it mossing over in the future. The biggest issue is these moss spots that appear everywhere like some kind of black death for motorhomes. You literally have to chisel them off.

The roof on ours was pretty bad, Barry.

Neil cleaned it over a series of days, not all in one go.

I hope these guys work out OK. They are good at blowing their trumpet, just have to wait and see if they can crack it 🤷‍♀️

The roof on ours was pretty bad, Barry.

Neil cleaned it over a series of days, not all in one go.

I hope these guys work out OK. They are good at blowing their trumpet, just have to wait and see if they can crack it 🤷‍♀️

Well it sounds like they are in demand Marie so hopefully they will do a good job. Will report back on Monday night. I should be able to get a good before and after picture at least as it will be parked outside my house on the road before they turn up and make a start. My guess is they will take one look at the roof and drive off. :ROFLMAO:

Barry try wet and forget on the roof it will clean It but it will take a few weeks to work properly I used it on mine last year done a decent job all you have to do is dilute about 4 to 1 and spray the roof you’ll get a pump sprayer from screwfix and the Wet and forget here https://www.wetandforget.co.uk/ Costco have it in for about £20
I've used this on my patio, conservatory & greenhouse. It's excellent stuff, not tried it on the van but I suspect it will work well, especially on the roof.

I've used this on my patio, conservatory & greenhouse. It's excellent stuff, not tried it on the van but I suspect it will work well, especially on the roof.

A lot of people rate it for motorhome roofs and / or patio magic. Did absolutely nothing for mine. But for £20 or whatever it costs its worth a punt.

Yup, that part. I did my roof from each side which meant the centre was too much of a reach. And didn't want to put weight on the roof between the big bang and the dome by standing on the roof there.
Using an extending hose-brush was the best way I could come up with - although I guess you could make a platform straddling across the end strakes? That could work I guess?

What is the big bang?!!?

The roof is plenty strong enough to stand on but the overcab moulding is very thin and flexible. It would be quite easy to crack it.

Well the guys from JBR Valeting have been and gone. Seemed a couple of nice lads and had all the gear etc. They were here about two and a half hours but Im not sure if the horrendous weather got to them in the end as I thought they would have taken longer. It was a pig of a job though. I would say they have done an ok job considering the circumstances but its still not all off the roof. Some of the spots just wont budge but its a massive improvement on what it was. £85.

Before and after photos.

20210517-141209-Medium.jpg

20210517-141251-Medium.jpg

20210517-171429-Medium.jpg

20210517-171508-Medium.jpg

I would say that's not too bad at all, Barry (y)

It really is incredibly difficult to remove years of crap from a moho roof.

Even with the most sophisticated chemical cleaners it can be impossible to get it pristine and 'as new'.

Anyway, it certainly looks way better than it was! 👌

I would say that's not too bad at all, Barry (y)

It really is incredibly difficult to remove years of crap from a moho roof.

Even with the most sophisticated chemical cleaners it can be impossible to get it pristine and 'as new'.

Anyway, it certainly looks way better than it was! 👌

Yes its ok. Saleable or useable I would say. I do wonder if its where its parked between two ancient stone walls that somehow allows all this moss and these impossible to remove spots to develop. If I ever get a new van I think ill pay for undercover storage. The vans I am looking at are probably too wide for the drive anyway unless I end up with a PVC (doubtful) which would be easier to clean I guess anyway.

Thanks again for finding these guys.

Yes its ok. Saleable or useable I would say. I do wonder if its where its parked between two ancient stone walls that somehow allows all this moss and these impossible to remove spots to develop. If I ever get a new van I think ill pay for undercover storage. The vans I am looking at are probably too wide for the drive anyway unless I end up with a PVC (doubtful) which would be easier to clean I guess anyway.

Thanks again for finding these guys.

I've often pondered on the best way to protect your moho roof.

Not really bothered about the rest of the van because it always seems to be the roof that gets muckiest over time.
I gather full protective covers have pros and cons (apart from being expensive)?

It almost needs something like a kind of big 'shower cap' for over the winter months when its standing doing nothing :ROFLMAO::cool:

Not really bothered about the rest of the van because it always seems to be the roof that gets muckiest over time.
I gather full protective covers have pros and cons (apart from being expensive)?

It almost needs something like a kind of big 'shower cap' for over the winter months when its standing doing nothing :ROFLMAO::cool:

I would be wary of that here as the wind blows straight off the pennines from the west and our drive acts like a wind tunnel in the winter. I reckon a cover would either end up in Darlington 17 miles east or would wear away at the corners of the van. I mentioned protecting the roof yesterday to the guys and they started talking about all sorts of treatments, sealants and stuff but they sounded a right carry on and expensive. Not worth it on this van I dont think.

If you can summon the energy (or summon the extra spondolics if paying someone to do the work), a protective wax coating after the washing will make a difference to how easy it will be to clean and hose down.
I use G101 from Autosmart to do the cleaning and find that works well,but it does remove any wax that might have been applied.
But I am both too lazy and too mean to either wax afterwards or pay someone to do it :)

Tourershine worked wonders on my 2007 Dakota today.

Paul and his brother Lee started around 8.15am and were finished by 12.30pm.

They do a thorough inspection before starting and video it too to ensure that any pre-existing marks or damage are recorded.

It looks splendid. Shiny, shiny, shiny. They finish it all off applying RainX to all the windows and they dress the tyres.

Very impressed and nice guys to entrust with your precious vehicle.

For anyone who is unable to maintain the finish, such as myself with no fixed abode, they are happy to wash and rewax provided it's not left too long, say a maximum of 9 months. This will be about half the cost of the full restoration.

22nd of June expensive but I paid a guy £100 + to do it and I can only say buy cheap buy twice not impressed at all with what he did looked great when he had finished but it faded or washed of fairly quickly.
Annie, see my report above.

They treated a Rapido about the same age as yours yesterday. They suggest you take a look at the pictures on their Instagram account.

I'm sure you'll be delighted.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back