Motorhome cleaning service North East anyone?

barryd

I Cant clean the van exterior properly myself anymore due to Arthritis and I certainly cant go up on the roof. I used to get it done at Catterick Caravans but they are not doing this service at the moment.

The roof is the worst and even Catterick Caravans struggled with it in the past. I think its because its not a smooth surface. Ive tried the various Patio Cleaners etc. No good.

So Im wondering if anyone can recommend anyone local or a mobile cleaner maybe. Ive spent a fair chunk of money getting the van sorted and now it just needs a serious clean. Im between Richmond and Barnard Castle so we are not exactly awash with valeting businesses unfortunately.

Barry try wet and forget on the roof it will clean It but it will take a few weeks to work properly I used it on mine last year done a decent job all you have to do is dilute about 4 to 1 and spray the roof you’ll get a pump sprayer from screwfix and the Wet and forget here https://www.wetandforget.co.uk/ Costco have it in for about £20

I tried the other one a couple of years ago. Patio magic I think or whatever it is and it made no difference whatsoever. I even used it more concentrated than recommended. It worked on the scooter rack which is metal but not on the roof.

You could contact the following :

They will come to you, or you can do as I am doing next month and take the 'van to them. This is less expensive.

They are based near Leicester.

Did you see all the caravans they'd cleaned on their FB page? :unsure:

No. I cant see any. Their facebook page seems to be full of posts about how busy they are and how lucky you might be to get an appointment. I could always send them a photo of the roof and ask how much and when.

No contact or address details at all on their website. Bit sceptical.

They will come to you, or you can do as I am doing next month and take the 'van to them. This is less expensive.

do you know where in leicester area they are chris my mate is selling his van & wants it tidying up he’s melton mowbray but willing to travel

Did you see all the caravans they'd cleaned on their FB page? :unsure:

Contacted them through FB Marie and its booked in for Monday afternoon. £85 or possibly more if it takes longer. It will take longer!! :( They said they only use low pressure wash on motorhomes but you would hope if they do a lot (They say they do) they will know to take care around seams etc. Ill try and take a before and after picture but might be difficult as the vans away getting its Fridge sorted and ill take it straight there from there.

Scrap that. They are coming here. Cool.

Last edited:

Cheers for that I’ve just booked them 👍

Just done my roof today in preparation of advertising to sell (quite green as park under a pine tree) and it is knackering :( getting someone in to do it is a good idea (y)

do you know where in leicester area they are chris my mate is selling his van & wants it tidying up he’s melton mowbray but willing to travel

They are based in Thurnby to the east of Leicester.

They usually travel and work at the customer's address. I don't have a fixed address so I'm going to them.

I suggest your friend gives them a call to discuss. It's not cheap but they are by reputation extremely good.

They are based in Thurnby to the east of Leicester.

They usually travel and work at the customer's address. I don't have a fixed address so I'm going to them.

I suggest your friend gives them a call to discuss. It's not cheap but they are by reputation extremely good.
I'd be interested how they do the dome. When I washed my roof on the Autotrail it was quite simple but getting to the middle of the dome was tricky and right in the middle was impossible.
If you see any handy tips to pass on ;)

22nd of June expensive but I paid a guy £100 + to do it and I can only say buy cheap buy twice not impressed at all with what he did looked great when he had finished but it faded or washed of fairly quickly.
I'm there on 8th June so I'll give some feedback thereafter.

One thing I want to enquire about is whether I can go back annually for a maintenance wash and polish.

I'd be interested how they do the dome. When I washed my roof on the Autotrail it was quite simple but getting to the middle of the dome was tricky and right in the middle was impossible.
If you see any handy tips to pass on ;)
I'm not going to hang around whilst they work on the 'van. It's going to take most of the day.

I assume you are referring to the overcab moulding. I have managed it with difficulty in the past using a step ladder from ground level and lying across the overcab from roof level. All rather precarious.

I assume they use a tower.

I'm not going to hang around whilst they work on the 'van. It's going to take most of the day.

I assume you are referring to the overcab moulding. I have managed it with difficulty in the past using a step ladder from ground level and lying across the overcab from roof level. All rather precarious.

I assume they use a tower.
Yup, that part. I did my roof from each side which meant the centre was too much of a reach. And didn't want to put weight on the roof between the big vent and the dome by standing on the roof there.
Using an extending hose-brush was the best way I could come up with - although I guess you could make a platform straddling across the end strakes? That could work I guess?

Last edited:
The overcab protrusion is always a proverbial pain to try and clean.

Like wildebus, I used an extending hose brush, or even just a soft broom.

In the past I would have actually got up on the roof and ventured to the front to wash closely and properly, but no longer physically fit or strong enough to do this. 😝

It doesn't damage the moho roof. It's the old-fashioned monocoque shell which is extremely sturdy.
The biggest danger is the risk of falling off! :oops:🤕

Neil did a fairly good job sometime after we first got it early last year, but it could do with another good clean.

It's a pig of a job!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back