Motorhome Clean Air Zone charge.

Not really, Toffeecat is posting about little or no notice, yes there was several years notice, or at least warnings it was going to happen now there are LEZ's popping up, yes they will most likely get more and tighter, but this will be in future, and as they get tighter the cars that qualify get older and cheaper. As for vans like ours which lets face it pump out lots of polution, well what do we expect people to do?
What about folk who bought cars and run them 20 years or more, surely we should have been warned in the late ninties, not last week.

What vehicles are they trying to dissuade, even my motorhome 2004 renault 3.0 litre diesel, no charges in either brum or bath.
Is it not registered as a motorhome? Mind you they do state that their vehicle data is not currently 100% accurate and to re-check closer to the time.

The good thing is, it isn't complicated, I was worried old folk, without internet would be disadvantaged with these zone charges and be unsure of the penalties. 🙄

Do We have to pay in the Ctrl Air zones in European Countries I have the French & German ctrl stickers just in case we where ever forced into a area but always avoid Cities but have never seen any mention of payment
No, payment is not required, but your vehicle will display a number relating to emissions and in certain cities and at certain times, you will not be allowed to drive in the zones if you don’t have the right colour sticker.

Great excuse to not visit cities. Vile places. Except Edinburgh. I quite like Edinburgh. But you cant park there anyway. Anyway Ive already been there. I installed a job in London once. 2 hours there, 2 hours back. Nowhere to park. Never again. Its going be very expensive to get get tradesmen to work there if not impossible. 5 times usual rate? Not enough. 10 times? I could hire a van for the job. Actually I think I will just leave it. Life is too short. Probably get all my tools stolen anyway. Town planners haven't allowed for tradesmen's vehicles so there's a ticking timebomb

Great excuse to not visit cities. Vile places. Except Edinburgh. I quite like Edinburgh. But you cant park there anyway. Anyway Ive already been there. I installed a job in London once. 2 hours there, 2 hours back. Nowhere to park. Never again. Its going be very expensive to get get tradesmen to work there if not impossible. 5 times usual rate? Not enough. 10 times? I could hire a van for the job. Actually I think I will just leave it. Life is too short. Probably get all my tools stolen anyway. Town planners haven't allowed for tradesmen's vehicles so there's a ticking timebomb

I agree Martin, I really don't like cities even though I worked in London most of my life, I still lived 60 miles away from it.

The only reason I really go to cities these days is for a beer so I won't be driving anyway.

Same here, I live in one, last thing I want to do is visit them, 😂 although I don't mind the odd day.
Tradesmen and small businesses are not wanted, you've all got to work for big nationals now, and I've lost count of one man bands that have packed up over last few years, and a big part of that is the expense of keeping vehicle compliant.
My 2015 Sprinter is going to have to go soon, bugger all miles on it. Still it's going to make a nice camper, I hope, might just end up being traded in though :unsure:

Glasgow‘s plans for LEZs are in disarray at present, only applying to buses for which many millions in grants have been paid. For other vehicles it looks like the end of 2023 now. Certainly for entertainment venues it may well have a terminal effect when combined with the effect that covid has had. There are over 40 locations earmarked for zones in Scotland meaning that travel in anything but a very recent van will be difficult, but thankfully their progression has been very slow in implementation.

Same here, I live in one, last thing I want to do is visit them, 😂 although I don't mind the odd day.
Tradesmen and small businesses are not wanted, you've all got to work for big nationals now, and I've lost count of one man bands that have packed up over last few years, and a big part of that is the expense of keeping vehicle compliant.
My 2015 Sprinter is going to have to go soon, bugger all miles on it. Still it's going to make a nice camper, I hope, might just end up being traded in though :unsure:

Just sold a 2015 Sprinter Mark. Nearly 200k on the clock. We were going to let it go for about 3 grand then Mercedes offered us 8 so I suspect it was worth a lot more than that. That was a flatbed though.

You're not looking at selling the 4x4 are you?

Just sold a 2015 Sprinter Mark. Nearly 200k on the clock. We were going to let it go for about 3 grand then Mercedes offered us 8 so I suspect it was worth a lot more than that. That was a flatbed though.

If its 8 grand against a new unit its not , what they do is take some profit of the new unit on paper and add it to your price on old unit, common trading trick, now if it were in your pocket then thats a new ball game. (y)

I believe Bristol have come up against this problem already. No tradesman wants work in the clean air zone. The rumour seems to be that it will be dismantled. I notice that the idea of having one in Portsmouth has gone quiet recently.

If its 8 grand against a new unit its not , what they do is take some profit of the new unit on paper and add it to your price on old unit, common trading trick, now if it were in your pocket then thats a new ball game. (y)

No not part ex Trev.

It had been sitting on my drive for months and we just wanted rid of it.

No, keeping the 4x4. Luckily thats Euro 6 so alright at the moment. I have priced up a new one and the longer I can put that off the better.

Other van is Euro 5, so has to go before Sept or October, whenever it is when the ULEZ expands.

2 of 3 vehicles we have are fine. Oddly, my '03 Passat is fine in Bath, but not Birmingham...
That's because Bath doesn't charge for private vehicles but Birmingham does :eek:

CAZ.png.png

My motorhome is also £8.00 in Brum but free in Bath!

Regards,
Del

Just a thought, my van is now on Spanish plates. Anyone know how that will work if I come to UK for short visit?

We went to London a couple of years ago and stayed on a campsite within the LEZ. ( we are registered with Transport for London with a French reg Euro 6 van)
I was pleasantly surprised that the air was pretty clear, I have asthma and one thing that can set it off is vehicle pollution, especially old diesels! I had no problems in London.
I may be in the minority here but I think clean air zones are a good thing and if it reduces the highest polluting vehicles from entering city centres, then i’m all for it.......with one caveat.
The councils should have some sort of exemption for residents and traders in the cities to be able to use their vehicles with maybe a substantial contribution to help remove the most polluting vehicles with newer models.
These low emission zones will only work properly if the councils step up and work financially and openly with communities to reduce pollution

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back