Mosquito Killer

pamjon

Hi, we are going back to France in Septemberish but because we have now read that the Tiger Mosquito is very prevalent now in many parts of France we would like to buy a Mosquito Killer, one that plugs into the usb and charges the battery.
W

We bought one but it was no good so had to return it as the battery didn't last long.
Has anyone had any experience of these and know of one that works well.
Thank you PJ

We have a couple of these, they work great, the battery lasts about 4 hours, but we leave it plugged in in its stand on a night, to catch the buggers that hide until your in bed,
D2B2715F-3445-4A20-B6ED-B53FAF99E1ED.png

The best answer to Mozzies is sleeping under a mosquito net. Any other method is not 100% effective. There are guidelines you can follow to lessen the chance of bites. Plenty info online.

ps, I learned the hard way after contracting Malaria. :(

Hi, we are going back to France in Septemberish but because we have now read that the Tiger Mosquito is very prevalent now in many parts of France we would like to buy a Mosquito Killer, one that plugs into the usb and charges the battery.
W
Your post makes me think you’re planning a safari :ROFLMAO:

I’ve always thought it worked, It does contain deet doesn’t it?
So did I but 42 injections later I will say it don't work
I'm going back to RID as I know that works.
Just need to find a outlet in southern Europe.. or wait until we get to Australia in Jan where I know its cheap in Woolworths

So did I but 42 injections later I will say it don't work
I'm going back to RID as I know that works.
Just need to find a outlet in southern Europe.. or wait until we get to Australia in Jan where I know its cheap in Woolworths
What is RID please?

What is RID please?
Very cheap in Aus or it was before Covid

Hi, thanks to all for the information.

I must admit, sometimes it feels like we are going on Safari when we have encountered lots of the wildlife.
At the moment the tiger mossie is rife in France and there have been many cases of dengue fever.
Most of the aires in France are close to water too.
When we had a house in Spain our Spanish neighbours daughter was bitten by a tiger mossie and she was really ill, hospitalised etc.
Thanks again, we have made our choice, lets hope it is the right one.
PJ

Back