Morrisons LPG

barge1914

Hi.
Is there any truth in the tale that Morrisons are refusing to serve LPG to all motorhomes, even ones with a fixed tank and proper filler point? I ask because we were planning on filling at Morrisons Dundee en-route north to avoid the expensive stuff further north. If so I will be looking for somewhere else up the east coast...any suggestions, its hard to rely on the online sites as they don't always seem to be up to date.

We have used Morrison’s in Blackpoool to fill our refillable bottles that have an external fill point with out any problems. Was in Edinburgh last month and found a garage with LPG no problem.

I fill up with LPG at Morrisons all the time, not been refused yet.

Re.LPG.

Dreghorn junction about half way round Edinburgh bypass-- signed for services,SHELL garage -- no problems filling up.:dog:

Morrisons Leyland, Lancashire is where i fill up all the time with no problems. Double sided pump as well :dance:

lpg

barge did mention he was looking for somewhere on the east coast

Dreghorn junction about half way round Edinburgh bypass-- signed for services,SHELL garage -- no problems filling up.:dog:

I filled up there in the summer on the way to the Orkney bash, thought it a bit expensive.

Last year, returning south, we saw a Morrisons just off the by-pass that had LPG at 51.9p, but we couldn't find the bloody place this time.

Filled at Morrisons Swansea yesterday no problem. So it looks like its not national policy. Maybe up to each managers discretion.

If the new app was up and running wouldn’t it be great if we could search for LPG filling stations and see the comments from the last wildcamoing member who had filled up there last. It could include the last price per litre of LPG and things like if it had a low roof or if access was hard, which is the case with both of my nearest LPG filling stations in North Wales.

I am really looking forward to using the new app and hope Phil is having success with its creation and has nearly got it ready, also hope he hasn’t been to distracted by all the politics regarding the Motorhomer new web site.

I just wish Morrisons would sell LPG. It's hard to get hold of round here.

LPG app

If the new app was up and running wouldn’t it be great if we could search for LPG filling stations

Try this, it is excellent both here and abroad.

Don't use Morrisons fuel stations on principle, nothing to do with motorhomes but their policy on motorbikes. It was a few years ago & they refused to turn the pump on for us until we removed our crash helmets, at the time I was sat on the bike (my daughters 650 Kawasaki) the wife was in the shop with her helmet open & card in hand as we were in a rush to get somewhere but still they insisted that I remove my helmet. Their reason was to check we weren't underage!!! I was about 69 at the time & didn't appreciate be told over the tannoy that I wouldn't be allowed to get fuel unless I removed my crash hat. Also seen/heard this at another Morrisons for a group of elderly motorcyclists. Did complain in the store, by email then a letter but never got the courtesy of a reply.
Also there is a independent garage less than 1/2 mile further than Morrisons who have LPG usually a bit cheaper than Morrisons & with good access. I did ask them if they had any problems filling a refillable gas bottle & they said no problem.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back