Morrisons LPG

Never had any problem filling up in Kirkaldy and the people in the kiosk often thank me for reminding them I had both diesel and gas

I've even had a member of staff at the Morrisons at Boroughbridge helping me to fill my LPG when I first got the van. Fixed systems = no problems. Its the portable bottles they don't like.

Don't use Morrisons fuel stations on principle, nothing to do with motorhomes but their policy on motorbikes. It was a few years ago & they refused to turn the pump on for us until we removed our crash helmets, at the time I was sat on the bike (my daughters 650 Kawasaki) the wife was in the shop with her helmet open & card in hand as we were in a rush to get somewhere but still they insisted that I remove my helmet. Their reason was to check we weren't underage!!! I was about 69 at the time & didn't appreciate be told over the tannoy that I wouldn't be allowed to get fuel unless I removed my crash hat. Also seen/heard this at another Morrisons for a group of elderly motorcyclists. Did complain in the store, by email then a letter but never got the courtesy of a reply.
Also there is a independent garage less than 1/2 mile further than Morrisons who have LPG usually a bit cheaper than Morrisons & with good access. I did ask them if they had any problems filling a refillable gas bottle & they said no problem.

I am afraid it is or was their policy so that they can see the face and the cctv of course too!

Don't use Morrisons fuel stations on principle, nothing to do with motorhomes but their policy on motorbikes. It was a few years ago & they refused to turn the pump on for us until we removed our crash helmets, at the time I was sat on the bike (my daughters 650 Kawasaki) the wife was in the shop with her helmet open & card in hand as we were in a rush to get somewhere but still they insisted that I remove my helmet. Their reason was to check we weren't underage!!! I was about 69 at the time & didn't appreciate be told over the tannoy that I wouldn't be allowed to get fuel unless I removed my crash hat. Also seen/heard this at another Morrisons for a group of elderly motorcyclists. Did complain in the store, by email then a letter but never got the courtesy of a reply.
Also there is a independent garage less than 1/2 mile further than Morrisons who have LPG usually a bit cheaper than Morrisons & with good access. I did ask them if they had any problems filling a refillable gas bottle & they said no problem.

I wonder if they enforce this policy for religious groups, who hide their faces? Somehow, I doubt it!

I have an email from Morrisons that states that their policy is to fill Motorhomes with fixed filling points. That is country wide.

Mines is a fixed external fill point, don't need to open any lockers or anything maybe that's why I've never had any problems filling at morrisons. On the other hand there's plenty of other places to fill up so if they have a strop and stop motorhomes from filling up it wouldn't bother me in the slightest

where is this Morrisons you are referring to,,,so i can blacklist it,,,

Last edited:
Morrison’s are here,there,everyblinking where ,google and ye will find .
Go to filllpg and they are on that with price per let etc

Friends in the NE were refused service, manager produced a letter to that effect. We’ve had no bother in Elland though.

In Dundee we always fill up at the Shell garage at the junction of Kingsway East and Forfar Road, on the eastbound carriageway.

She'll petrol station, Cairo Park, Dundee. also,is a Spar shop.

Lesley

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back