Morrisons blanket ban on LPG for Motorhomes

On 6th April 2018, I contacted Morrisons Customer Service for clarification about the "Blanket Ban" on supplying LPG to Motorhomers.

A very charming young lady called me back and said the ban was only on the filling of non refillable bottles using an adapter.
Morrisons will fill fitted tanks with no problem.

If you are refused LPG please contact her

Sameena Khan

<customerservice@morrisonsplc.co.uk>

0345 6116111

Well done & Thank you for that

Indeed thanks from me as well .
What can we worry about now ?

interesting thread about toenails ,,,,rumour has it one illustrious member is producing a video on how to not look a pratt and hide urine leakages in Farrah slacks

Channa

Today called into Morrisons Risca Gwent Motorhome pulled in went into garage came out and proceeded to fill up with LPG filler was fitted to door of gas compartment no problems from staff I had my mate with me and told him about blanket ban few days ago ,how to look a pratt.

I have filled up with LPG at that station 9 times since mid 2015, with no problems.

One of the times I filled up with LPG and then moved the van a few feet forward, to reach the pump, to fill up with diesel. When I went in to pay, the attendant, politely asked if In future, I would go in and tell them that I was filling up with both.
She thought I was going to drive off without paying when I moved the van.

Now I usually try to park where I can reach both pumps without moving the van. I now also pop my head in to tell them I'm filling up with both.

However Morrisons in Barry, South Wales have asked a friend of mine not to fill up there again, even after he explained he had an underslung tank fitted to the motorhome.

Green M

No not our W upside down.

Morries, Their staffing levels are so desperately low I doubt very much if there would be any one able to stop you. :)

Dadad

Any letters to Morrisons I would add that their staff should be advised that there are EU regulations for refillable systems and it is EN1949 that they should be looking for marked on the tanks. I know Gaslow conform with this for a start.

No problems at my local Morrisons this morning, they allow me to fill up with diesel then pull forward slightly to use the LPG pump and pay for both together :dance:

The very first time i filled up with LPG there they came out and had a look and was happy it was a fitted system :idea:

Same thing happened at my local Calor centre and they are also happy for me to fill up there :dance:

Any letters to Morrisons I would add that their staff should be advised that there are EU regulations for refillable systems and it is EN1949 that they should be looking for marked on the tanks. I know Gaslow conform with this for a start.
EN1949 relates to any vehicle after 2002 for older vans BS5482 part 2 1977 in effect is what it replaced

Channa

I heard that lpg was going up to £2 and petrol was going down to 50p are you still reading Rae lol

No problems at my local Morrisons this morning, they allow me to fill up with diesel then pull forward slightly to use the LPG pump and pay for both together :dance:

The very first time i filled up with LPG there they came out and had a look and was happy it was a fitted system :idea:

Same thing happened at my local Calor centre and they are also happy for me to fill up there :dance:

Where would they be then as I live near Chorley and I currently use Morrisons at Leyland to fill Lpg?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back