Morrisons blanket ban on LPG for Motorhomes

Click on it a couple of times to enlarge it Geoff.

How did you ever get a Pilots Licence with those eyes? :rolleyes2:

Clicked once hoping to get the magnifying glass with + sign, as on some platforms.

Got it now but stll fuzzy.

I never had to pass a test on fuzzy photos - where did you get trained on taking them? :D:D

Geoff

On the gas filling.

I do not know about Morisons but some filling stations, even adjacent to Supermarkets, and branded, are actually operated by concessionaires so maybe their rules are different.

Anyway if these signs have been there for 3 years have new staff been trained about them?

Geoff

the only time I had hassle filling my car with LPG at Morrisons was many years ago when they were shirty about me filling with LPG and with petrol at the same stop. Perhaps their till couldn't combine the two pumps into one payment: the problem wasn't explained.
I pulled in to Asda, filled the deisel tank, then the LPG and then put petrol in my car which was behind on the A frame, followed that with 10ltrs in the can for the genny, I pulled up at the kiosk thinking I would have a lot of explaining to do and they had everything sorted on one receipt, one payment and no problem, when I tried that at Donington Services they stopped the pump after the LPG and told me to pay for that first before filling anything else, I think you can guess what I told them

The official jargon on that leaflet refers to safe filling of portable bottles, if the bottle is fastened into the van or an underslung with the correct filling connector in the bodywork as with a LPG car it is not portable. Morrisons interpretation is wrong, who's going to tell them.

The official jargon on that leaflet refers to safe filling of portable bottles, if the bottle is fastened into the van or an underslung with the correct filling connector in the bodywork as with a LPG car it is not portable. Morrisons interpretation is wrong, who's going to tell them.

Why bother it would appear to be working anyway ?

As mine is now an external filler if they stopped me I would just say this is what my van runs on and if I cannot fill it I will have to stay here as I haven’t enough gas left to move any further, I bet they let you fill up then

Had just talked myself into going for an LPG tank, might hold off and see where this goes first.

Me too!
Read all the other posts...maybe will carry on with plan! Will see if local Morrison's has sign.

Last edited:
Filled up with gas at Morrisons Barrow in Furness yesterday.

No problem. Say nowt.

Cheers

H

At one Morrisons ( Borougbridge) the attendant came out to help me when I could not get the pump to work just after I had the gaslow system fitted. She said that systems fine we only have problems with the portable refilliable bottles. That lady knew her stuff. If only all the staff were trained properly.

Morrisons blanket ban

Today called into Morrisons Risca Gwent Motorhome pulled in went into garage came out and proceeded to fill up with LPG filler was fitted to door of gas compartment no problems from staff I had my mate with me and told him about blanket ban few days ago ,how to look a pratt.

Lpg for engine use is priced differently to gas for other uses.
If you read the government blurb you should be charged less for cooking and heating gas as it incurs less tax.

At one Morrisons ( Borougbridge) the attendant came out to help me when I could not get the pump to work just after I had the gaslow system fitted. She said that systems fine we only have problems with the portable refilliable bottles. That lady knew her stuff. If only all the staff were trained properly.
In fairness very close to one of the biggest installers in the country. Probably relate that neck of the woods tight knit area , So I would take their co operation as a one off in the larger scale ?

Channa

Hi Jagmanx,
Yeah on the whole I agree with what you say, & TBH I have got a Gasit Plus Refillable system that I actually last filled up LAST APRIL (2017) & have STILL got -
View attachment 62482
So Obviously not a big user & won’t really affect me, it just seems that it’s One more Nail,,One mor ‘Attack’ ‘Specifically’ against MOTORHOMES,,
No Camping, No Gas Refills, Hight Barriers At Parking Facilities, Ect...

Who is to say that a Petrol Tank on a Home Built Kit Car (Or ANY car) is ‘Safe’ when they fill up at a garage as ‘I Believe they don’t pay too much attention to the ACTUAL tank OR it’s fixings at an MOT !

they do even the petrol cap itself is part of the MOT

As mine is now an external filler if they stopped me I would just say this is what my van runs on and if I cannot fill it I will have to stay here as I haven’t enough gas left to move any further, I bet they let you fill up then

I agree. Just tell them its an Autogas LPG conversion. You could even stick an Autogas sticker on the filler cap. Unless you get someone clued up serving you they are never going to know if your van is an LPG Conversion or not.

I had this once in France with a shirty attendant trying to stop me filling but I just kept insisting it was "Autogas" and eventually she let me fill up.

Not that it will effect me much. Our nearest Morrisons doesnt even have a petrol station and Im more likely to top up in France than I am here.

OMG What’s happening!

Is there a UK Blanket Motorhome Hate campaign in pretty much every respect !

no. think its really down to the poor quality of the so called refillable bottles . faults on filling etc causes lots hassle for the garage operators .
stuck valves etc are very common with them. luckily the bottle companies do swap them . but the quality of many is very poor.

On 6th April 2018, I contacted Morrisons Customer Service for clarification about the "Blanket Ban" on supplying LPG to Motorhomers.

A very charming young lady called me back and said the ban was only on the filling of non refillable bottles using an adapter.
Morrisons will fill fitted tanks with no problem.

If you are refused LPG please contact her

Sameena Khan

<customerservice@morrisonsplc.co.uk>

0345 6116111

On 6th April 2018, I contacted Morrisons Customer Service for clarification about the "Blanket Ban" on supplying LPG to Motorhomers.

A very charming young lady called me back and said the ban was only on the filling of non refillable bottles using an adapter.
Morrisons will fill fitted tanks with no problem.

If you are refused LPG please contact her

Sameena Khan

<customerservice@morrisonsplc.co.uk>

0345 6116111

most bottles are refillable . calor or flogas etc dont throw them away. hee hee.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back