Morrison’s Cafes do half price for whole of August!

Moped

Just had an email reminding me that Morrisons Cafes are doing the eat out to help out half price offer on everything for every day in August including Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

They do very good breakfasts, fish and chips for just £2.25, drinks for 50p, and an excellent afternoon tea for 2 with sandwiches, pork pies, Scones and cream, cakes and as much tea as you can drink for just £5!

Well worth investigating if their is a Morrison’s where you are.

Just had an email reminding me that Morrisons Cafes are doing the eat out to help out half price offer on everything for every day in August including Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

They do very good breakfasts, fish and chips for just £2.25, drinks for 50p, and an excellent afternoon tea for 2 with sandwiches, pork pies, Scones and cream, cakes and as much tea as you can drink for just £5!

Well worth investigating if their is a Morrison’s where you are.
I've had a Omlette in their cafe a few times and considering they are actually brought into the cafes ready made and just heated up they are incredibly nice!

655117ED-19FB-42EB-9849-3E644FD4F604.jpeg

I've heard of several little tricks being played by the trade. Registering for the scheme but not telling the customers who then pay the full price and the Government pay the extra. Changing alcoholic drinks to non alcoholic after the customer leaves and claiming the extra money. Two people spending £80, meaning the customer pays £60 and the government £20, but if the restaurant marks the meal as four people they get £60 from the customer and £40 from the Government. There are some devious minds out there.

Giles Coren mentioned these places in the Times last week.
He said, “Hopefully, the outlets serving actual food will soon follow suit”
There are hundreds of restaurants and pubs listed on the government website. Put in your postcode and it gives every place within 5 miles with a separate list of groups, like pub groups who are participating.

How do you eat a meal with a mask on and soc distance,never mind the folk making the meal and handling dishes cups,the bug is there to be had,do your own cooking and stay well clear of eating joints.

How do you eat a meal with a mask on and soc distance,never mind the folk making the meal and handling dishes cups,the bug is there to be had,do your own cooking and stay well clear of eating joints.
You take the mask off?

I ate out on Wed evening and the Pub Resturant seemed to take appropriate precautions as far as I am concerned. some mask wearers, some visor wearers. Menus printed on disposable sheets of paper rather than the usual menu folders. One way system in place and some tables removed to give a greater distance between diner groups.
I did also get some food from McDonalds on Tuesday, but actually didn't get any discount as used the drive-through. Preferred to not eat in as the typical Maccy D's customer is maybe a bit careless with precautions being much younger (an definate assumption there, but one I am none the less happy to apply for my own sake).

What! Upset Rishi and Boris.

If you take the mask of to eat in a room with air con then the whole mask thing is a wast of time and daft,eat at home you lazy lot. 😂 😂 😂 😂
Going out and enjoying your selves what next,barby outside the van tut tut.:unsure:😂😂😂😂😂
This is an interesting point ref Air-con.
In New York State (where Air-con is far more important and present than in the UK), Air Conditioners are now only allowed if they have a certain grade of Filter fitted (ones which actually filter particles smaller than the Coronovirus bug) - so in fact, an Air-con setup correctly like that could make a room safer than your home!
Whether the UK have a similar rule I have no idea!

We had a meal (yep to idle to cook n wash up) the standard of hygiene was first class ,single use menu .every thing brought on a large tray you removed everything yourself nothing touched by waiter ,constant disinfecting by statt ,all standards rigidly enforced , felt much safer than a supermarket run .

This contact details malarkey seems to be very hit and miss, as does the application of the 'rules' - whatever they have now morphed into.

Tbh I don't have much faith in any contact 'system' (does one actually exist?) being as comprehensive as it should be, if the 'experts' on the methodology are to be believed.

In fact, I now have very little faith left where 'virus-handling' is concerned.

"Make it up as you go along and keep your fingers crossed" seems to be the only methodology being applied AFAICT.

Everywhere has insisted that you sanitise your hands and wait to be taken to a table, except where the waitress shouted "sit where you like" from the far side of the room, despite the dire warning signs at the door, and we had to have stupid sachets of all the bits. I was amazed to be given a fish knife at a pub for the turbot. I didn't think they existed any more. If only I'd known about this place when I was in the antiques game I could have sold him many, many sets.

I've heard of several little tricks being played by the trade. Registering for the scheme but not telling the customers who then pay the full price and the Government pay the extra. Changing alcoholic drinks to non alcoholic after the customer leaves and claiming the extra money. Two people spending £80, meaning the customer pays £60 and the government £20, but if the restaurant marks the meal as four people they get £60 from the customer and £40 from the Government. There are some devious minds out there.
Not sure what this has to do with this thread. Spend £80 in the cafe, and you’ve bought dinner for almost everyone in the store. 😬
With my staff discount, soon I’ll be eating for free.
Now that sounds like a plan

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back