Morocco

think i spelt it right ,,,,never know these days i,m often making smelling pistakes .
its amazing at many of them the amount of wood that burnt getting the water hot . very often its done in a kind of underground oven .
very hard work for the chaps doing it .
mind i like hanging around in many of the working places ,garages ,sprayshops etc help where ever and have loads fun . never know when your going to need some help on your own vehicle . plus you get to meet lots locals and thats always good fun. meet their families and friends . they really are a friendly crowd.

Had to “Do a Runner” from the Almond Valley, we were there for 24 days!, by far a record for us in one place, we were getting in a rut.

A few pics of the valley.

1122937D-E9B8-4B37-8862-C22E2ADEEEA0.jpg

036DC3A0-0E0F-4274-9A83-9A1274944FB1.jpg

5D6C1EEF-F6AC-46F4-8FA2-10F4FE2E2D80.jpg

18D58827-37F2-4BFA-876E-EAC691DECD9C.jpg

Drove further south to an Oasis near Guelmim. Extremely hot.

58D759B0-84C0-448C-B36D-B9D96E6C185B.jpg

Mud bricks drying in the sun, these were made with water from the Oasis.

086335D4-AA0B-45A8-9C26-FB99675C19D1.jpg

Aaaargh!!, another campsite!

Yes, got to own up, spent another night in a campsite. We needed badly to do some washing, bedclothes etc. & they don’t seem to have heard of laundrettes down here.

Found a nice little cheap campsite in the middle of nowhere, Camping Toe Rag (sorry Tuareg) 30 dirhams (£2.42) per night. It was so hot, the washing dried in 20mins.

Not doing too badly, 2 nights in campsites in 5 weeks costing just over a fiver!

Agg in Agadir.

Getting a bit hot inland so we headed for the coast & sea breezes.

Had problems in Agadir, where we’ve always parked for free, a self-appointed “Guardian” turned up demanding 30 dirhams, I refused to pay but some hippies followed us in & they coughed up.

So we left & driving up the coast road, spotted a large deserted beach just north of Taghazoute, found a track down, & what a location!, the only noise comes from the waves. We’re so knocked out with this place, we might stay until the food runs out.

04AE3716-7A82-4B9E-BFAA-1F8086E590E7.jpg

Our only visitors!

A9C21FE9-3B60-446C-8E4B-E0E0248BEE1A.jpg

Great following your travels, Mike and Marguerite - are you doing lots of swimming in that sea? Btw, which sea is it, duh ��

Great following your travels, Mike and Marguerite - are you doing lots of swimming in that sea? Btw, which sea is it, duh ��

It’s the Atlantic, Carol, but it’s surprisingly warm, we had a paddle yesterday but have not done a lot of swimming due to the lack of facilities on these rural beaches.

If I don’t have a shower after bathing in salt water, I get an itchy bum. I need to conserve the van water as taps are few & far between.

Great stuff, keep up the posts. We have just decided to go next winter for several months ,your posts have urged us on. Thanks :dance:

Couple of weeks ago the kids sent £200 to take Marguerite out for a slap-up meal on Mother’s Day, couldn’t do it justice in the inland villages, so belatedly, last night, we went to a renowned restaurant in Asilah.

We had an enormous sea food platter each + starters+ Bottle of wine + pud+ Coffees & cognacs etc. etc. Still only managed to spend £68.00.

42DB2CFA-6049-4B40-B8B6-A759AD8E6999.jpg

F4716666-BA50-4C3E-B23D-09F89DBF41F2.jpg

Been burping & farting all night!

Curtailed the Moroccan jaunt, needed to get back to Spain for the Easter celebrations, those Spaniards certainly know how to party.

One thing is confusing me, when we boarded the ferry, we put our timepieces forward one hour as Morocco is same time zone as UK, but when we arrived on Spanish soil, we found our watches to still be adrift one hour.

Can’t work out where the extra hour went. I must be going (gone) mad.

You've got a faulty flux capacitor there pal.

Be about 200 dirham to sort. I'll give my mate Abdullah a shout.

:cheers:

H

Last edited:
morocco

hi all

i normally do the algarve for the winter but really fancy morocco

i have heard a lot of bad reports about stones thrown at the vans and such

but im wandering what you guys that go there think especially as its not to far to travel especially from the algarve

barry

hi all

i normally do the algarve for the winter but really fancy morocco

i have heard a lot of bad reports about stones thrown at the vans and such

but im wandering what you guys that go there think especially as its not to far to travel especially from the algarve

barry

Never heard that one before.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back