Morocco

Hi Carol, question, did you have any problem booking and are they busy? also do they still do the piri piri run? hopeto be there in a about 3 weeks, at present we are at El Faro near Fuengirola.
Enjoy the sun.
Ken

Hi Ken, didn't book but they had a couple of spaces. Yes, they are busy but they usually park you up somewhere until a site becomes free. If you've been before you'll know there's people coming and going all the time. The piri piri chicken was divine!

Hi Carol, many thanks for your reply, last time we were there we all had to move off as the police were shutting them down, and then it was listed again as open, fantastic place to stay, now that the piri piri chicken is back on the menu we will be there knocking on the door, once again many thanks for your reply.
Ken

26A816EE-DB21-47DD-BA8D-5AC27DE9029C.jpg

Our overnight spot behind the beach at Aglou Plage south of Agadir, sorry about the other van.

Unfortunately we had to pay for this one, 20 Dirhams (£1.60).

D70A6D7B-A6D9-4064-9BD2-1AE006D71B46.jpg

Awoke to cloud this morning & a forecast high of only 18deg...Brr!!

With rain coming next week, I was about to start moaning, then I heard about the weather in the UK.

I gather it’s a bit parky in places back there?

I heard about the weather in the UK. I gather it’s a bit parky in places back there?

Yes I'm sure Your in the rite place Thanks for the Pic's I'm always asked why my pic's is always sunsets never any sunrise's :lol-049:

DSCN0405.jpg Faro

Last edited:
Awoke to cloud this morning & a forecast high of only 18deg...Brr!!

With rain coming next week, I was about to start moaning, then I heard about the weather in the UK.

I gather it’s a bit parky in places back there?

Just whats happened here on Fuerteventura.

Winds gone round to the southeast instead of the usual north or northeast and it's cloudy and cool. More to the point the bloody planes are taking off over our heads because of the wind shift and they're hellish noisy.

Still not exactly brass monkeys though.:D

Cheers

H

. I don't believe it you on a camp site

We are presently on a site in Sidi Ifni Morocco 4£ a night. Hot showers , Euro standards and guys selling bread ,fish, van extras for next to nothing. Time you ventured to Morocco, cheap , friendly ,SAFE, and memorable. Our second trip. Will advise anyone. Wild camping in Africa every where.k

Now staying 130km inland from the coast at my favourite spot in Morocco, it’s the “Valley of Almonds” at Tafraoute. It’s over 1000mtrs A.S.L., 25deg during day, gets cold at night. One morn last year we woke up to ice on the Heki roof light.

In the morning & in the evening the hills surrounding the Valley turn red. In a couple of weeks they will hold the “Almond Blossom Festival” with a Glastonbury type stage & sound system.

There are dozens of vans here but the valley is so vast there’s room for loads more, it’s not free, the local commune (council) collect 15 dirhams (£1.21) per day, there is cassette disposal but no water, a tanker visits every day.

It’s such a perfect environment, I normally stay here for 2/3weeks, the longest I’ve ever been in one place.

2E204DEC-6227-42F2-BA2F-68D3DD651FDB.jpg

7EB958F9-B60A-40C0-8B7C-6C02351BDD95.jpg

Another visitor,

74560320-7C6D-4895-8764-F5F06A0B748B.jpg

Berber tribesmen bring their goats through the valley, we save them veg peelings, banana skins, & etc. For them.

1F98BE91-2285-49CB-AB17-E8C5FC509386.jpg

They are also very good at climbing trees.

FC662910-86AD-48F8-B5F9-8F85A1EFEE88.jpg

First night in Morocco, got to Kenitra & actually went to a campsite, I know it’s against my religion but cassette was busting at the seams & site fees are 42 dirhams which equates to £3.38!.

Anyone else down here at the moment?, horshamjack is somewhere, hope to meet up soon.

Also, someone tell Annie that voddie was €3.90 a litre bottle in the duty free shop on the Algeciras- Tangier ferry.

We are considering going to Morocco in late March/early April but cannot seem to find a reasonably priced ferry crossing. Don’t want to pay 200 odd Euro for a crossing. Which is best/ cheapest crossing?

Ferry Spain to Morocco

We are considering going to Morocco in late March/early April but cannot seem to find a reasonably priced ferry crossing. Don’t want to pay 200 odd Euro for a crossing. Which is best/ cheapest crossing.

We are considering going to Morocco in late March/early April but cannot seem to find a reasonably priced ferry crossing. Don’t want to pay 200 odd Euro for a crossing. Which is best/ cheapest crossing.

€200 is the norm, but this will pay for itself in a couple of weeks especially if you use campsites as everything is so much cheaper here.

I find the best crossing is Algeciras-Tanger Med, as they do all paperwork on the boat, giving you more time to get some miles in. The best person to handle this is Juan Carlos Gutierrez at Palmones, Algeciras. You can overnight adjacent to his offices or in Lidl or Mercadona car parks.

When in Palmones, pack in as much booze as physically possible as it is expensive & not readily available in Morocco.

If you need any other advice, don’t hesitate to ask.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back