More good news

I thought it was a UK wide thing but it does say some areas might be different outside England, so I went to the southend website and could find any reference to what you Say Annie, it's worrying as other councils might be the same.

This was pre covid and when the ticket fairy showed me the small print on the meter it does say only blue badges issued by Southend council are eligible for free parking.

You also need to check council websites about use of blue badges issued by anther council for example in Southend a badge issued by another council cannot be used there and there are lots of there councils with the same rules this only applies to on street parking.
That’s a bit worrying Annie. Each renewal I always read the stuff that gets sent out and I know areas in London the badge doesn’t apply and possibly another city but can’t remember. Think it said check in Scotland as well. Wasnt aware of any Councils doing this for on street parking. Do you have anything in writing about it we can send to Mobilise?

On street I only check if they have the yellow bar and take it you cant park, and obviously junctions, zig zags etc but otherwise so long as I am not causing problems by doing so I park. Car parks are a different thing and so is private land.

As an aside, Caz used to nag me to see about getting a disabled space outside the other house but when I looked into it any disabled person can use any disabled bay and you cannot enforce who does or doesn’t park in them on road. That was probably five years or so back now so could have changed though.

Did you also know that anyone can park outside your house, and even on your drive and there isn't much you can do about it legally even if they block your car in.

Did you also know that anyone can park outside your house, and even on your drive and there isn't much you can do about it legally even if they block your car in.
Part of that is not true as the police can move them on from in front of your drive a long as there is a dropped curb it’s obstruction it was on something on the tv where they explained the law I think one of those night are neighbour programs.

That will change on 28th June anyway as if they park on private land without permission they will be committing a criminal offence (trespassing).

Just been having a look on the Blue Badge gov site where it gives advice for issuing bodies in England and if a council is treating locals different to those from elsewhere they aren’t following guidelines. Guidelines aren’t law so they could get away with that but at the bottom of the site it mentions Equality Act 2010 and they are not following that which I think could mean they will be in trouble. If they fined you Annie take a look deeper or contact Mobilise, if you aren’t a member I don’t mind asking on your behalf if they would have a case to answer 👍

Edit: sorry for hijacking original thread but this sort of thing winds me up 😁😁👍

Part of that is not true as the police can move them on from in front of your drive a long as there is a dropped curb it’s obstruction it was on something on the tv where they explained the law I think one of those night are neighbour programs.
Thanks Annie, my fault for reading the shite that lands on my phone from Google.

That will change on 28th June anyway as if they park on private land without permission they will be committing a criminal offence (trespassing).

Just been having a look on the Blue Badge gov site where it gives advice for issuing bodies in England and if a council is treating locals different to those from elsewhere they aren’t following guidelines. Guidelines aren’t law so they could get away with that but at the bottom of the site it mentions Equality Act 2010 and they are not following that which I think could mean they will be in trouble. If they fined you Annie take a look deeper or contact Mobilise, if you aren’t a member I don’t mind asking on your behalf if they would have a case to answer 👍

Edit: sorry for hijacking original thread but this sort of thing winds me up 😁😁👍
Surely they would be discriminating against disabled people, stupid anyway as if a person/s wanted to park there it would almost certainly be to spend money in the town so they lose out.

Surely they would be discriminating against disabled people, stupid anyway as if a person/s wanted to park there it would almost certainly be to spend money in the town so they lose out.
Stupidity isn’t classed as a disability lol, good job or they would have to swap the parking space designations 😂😂😂

Blue badge doesn’t mean you get free parking, it should mean you can park somewhere that you can get in and out the car ok. It’s supposed to level the playing field. It states with the badge how to use it and it can be overnight but depends on where you are. It doesn’t mean you can do anything you want.

I use my badge if I take a disabled spot in a car park while shopping or maybe looking round and parking roadside. Any signage that allows free parking with a blue badge should state how it applies so I guess in your example the signs weren’t specific or the guy was being a dick. 😁
Yes being a dick.
Really annoying because they just came back from what looked like a good walk on the hills. Both of them very capable :mad:
Not for me to question them. But really does my head in

Not to mention the crap music over the dialogue, low lighting and mumbling and whispering and no my hearing is fine, and continuity seems to have gone out the window, although was a door in the last scene :rolleyes:

Not to mention the crap music over the dialogue, low lighting and mumbling and whispering and no my hearing is fine, and continuity seems to have gone out the window, although was a door in the last scene :rolleyes:
I get told it’s down to grumpy old git syndrome 😂😂😂

Funny though that the only people that call you that are the ones who you have had to correct in some way.

ooh goody a grumpy thread ¬!
today i am ranting about couples who walk along hand in hand ,so in love and deeply attached that they expect everyone else to see and revere their lovey- ness and step into the road so they don't have to let go ,even for a second ,the hand of their beloved . infuriating

ooh goody a grumpy thread ¬!
today i am ranting about couples who walk along hand in hand ,so in love and deeply attached that they expect everyone else to see and revere their lovey- ness and step into the road so they don't have to let go ,even for a second ,the hand of their beloved . infuriating
Ha ha good rant Nigel, one I can’t be guilty of because I need my elbow crutches to trip everyone up with 😂😂😂😂

No the guy didn’t fine me he just pointed out my mistake even he thought it was wrong but he has a job to do.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back