Missing panel on me new van!

barryd

I thought this was odd. My neighbour and I set to work today to refasten the long skirt to the front panel behind the drivers door but its obvious now. There is a small panel missing just behind the drivers door. So I called the Swift dealer who asked for the conversion number which I found and gave him and guess what? Part no longer available!! So my thoughts were just to leave it but I might at least buy an orange reflector to go in that hole if I can find one. Its a 2015 Swift Esprit 496.

The pictures below are of my van and what it should look like from one I found on the internet.

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ
Found it. Not cheap and it dont include the reflector / lamp.

Ill need to check actually if thats just a reflector or a lamp. If its supposed to light up or flash then it might be an MOT Failure if I just stick a reflector on it.

Ill need to check actually if thats just a reflector or a lamp. If its supposed to light up or flash then it might be an MOT Failure if I just stick a reflector on it.
as posted numerous times, side markers or reflectors are NOT required on Motorhomes regardless of length, so MOT is not a factor.

And as Kev said before, lucky you spent so long checking it over before purchase - god knows what you would have found if you hadn't gone over it with a fine toothcomb! :)

Keep your eyes on ebay ....

Or give these guys a message

Screenshot_20240702_163916_eBay.jpg

It says to take a Marker Barry which is a lamp. But as David said not required. Does it not have an equivalent on the other side of the van?

But Jeeezus that ain't cheap!

It says to take a Marker Barry which is a lamp. But as David said not required. Does it not have an equivalent on the other side of the van?

But Jeeezus that ain't cheap!
I checked and the one on the other side does not light up, no wires to it. The rest down the side of the van do light up. Running lights.

I can either stick an orange reflector on over the hole for £7 off eBay or spend well north of a ton for the panel. Hmm
😁

Take ones digit out of what ever it is stuck in.

Stick it and its 4 friends into one very long pockets.

Stop pretending to be a Yorkshireman.

And buy the fecker :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Be careful with Caravanpanels.com.
I bought a rear light cluster moulding for a previous van I owned. The moulding was very cheaply made with only one layer of glass matting and wafer thin gel coat. I also had to finish trimming the perimeter and cut all the fixing and lamp holes. After fitting the gel started crazing very quickly. Unfortunately they were the only place I could find that particular moulding.

In retrospect I should have laminated an extra layer of matting on the back face before fitting.

Liz brought me two bottle of Rose home.

When drank in moderation, rosé can have real good benefits
. The concentration of resveratrol in rosé makes it more beneficial to your health than white wine. A glass a day of rosé can help increase the levels of good cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, decrease your blood sugar levels, and prevent obesity.2 Jul 2023

If you find me wandering around, take me home.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:174)

Steve and Julie, marchie, n brown, G and T, r4dent, Robmac, runnach, Scotia, mistericeman, maingate, CHAIRMAN, shortcircuit, Shorty, korky, GMJ, RichardHelen262, izwozral, hayhiker, mark61, Tonybvi, lthoel2, amcjam, Dezi, wildebus, Tezza33, Livotlout, 2cv, Fisherman, jagmanx, number14, Nabsim, AllanD, Pudsey Bear, Charlynch, Neckender, Obanboy666, Admin, Heppy, ironman, Okta, davep10000, witzend, Fazerloz, MartinFife, caledonia, merl, jann, Lee, belbri, campervanannie, TJBi, NSY, winks, Wully, Jo001, trevskoda, clarkpeacock, Makzine, bartman, Boris7, Val54, rugbyken, andyjanet, DTF, Calianbay, tripper, mariesnowgoose, alcam, ricc, Topmast, Fagin, chrishunter, s4x4c, Outdoors Dad, Monkeybrand, TeamRienza, The Jacks, Bigshug, Biggarmac, Tim120, RSD7a, exwindsurfer, Alberto, Mossystone, The laird, Owen M, HurricaneSmith, ton27, Rod, saxonborg, guerdeval, stonedaddy, jeanette, Motoroamer, Canalsman, Ellendale, Wooie1958, Winterskp, Andys, Chip, Minustico, ajb70, Bilw, RichardP, CavityandLacey, ladyhamilton, davidm, dekaz, Rob H, Mandoman, Adriafan, yeoblade, 1 Cup, Bouydog, Robina, Hughendon, myvanwy, adriahome, phillhend, Peter51, Fifer, 4Corners, RobTroi, Sheila Bryant, iandsm, jonc, bazil, harrow, SimonM, Peisinoe, wrp, Pauljenny, colinm, Hamewilldaeme, Jeavsy, ScarletPimple, Caz, Greengrass, 1977paul, reiverlad, jacquigem, Tartarus, ewen, alwaysared, Ly085, Sue Paskins, Alun100, roadroamer, Wardy73, Concept, Northumborman, Mikebike, horace, Whereisdave, Gerry Attrick, Glandwr, Bubble, BOTCANU, Alf, Rutaria, Harrers, barrypat, Fat Albert 2, V1nny, GeoffL, TeamPuffin, boggie, yorkslass, Hogweed, topchook, bdastu, sueb, smg, beltman,
Back