Million Pound Motorhomes Sunday 8pm Channel 5

@mariesnowgoose
I had the feeling that the wife had issues with previous ones....but am sure he was complicit. Some people are never happy and have enough money to support their whims. Most of us either put up with an irritation or do something about it, can't afford to change annually. Wonder if they move house annually too or have managed to get that to their desires.
Afraid I whinged a lot while watching it......that's not practical, narrow lanes etc! But I enjoy whingeing at programmes...Dave doesn't. So may not watch it with him next time!
He did say when driving it back something like "I hope she is happy with this one" as if it was her that kept wanting to change 😂

Still the more people in these huge things means less people at the sweet places.

He did say when driving it back something like "I hope she is happy with this one" as if it was her that kept wanting to change 😂

Still the more people in these huge things means less people at the sweet places.

In that case Mark, she’s my ideal woman :)

Last edited:
poor wife, she didn’t even go to the hand over. The man has problems, he’s a salesmen’s dream customer.

Bill exactly. Either he is mega rich as supposedly spent over a million pounds on his 14 Motorhomes or loves a bit of finance and the interest payments attached.Without being nasty I lean towards him not having a pot and constantly having a mega finance agreement.It seems he needs to outdo the Jones"s probably and his Mrs is at the end of her patience with him and his obsession.

Yes, thats right. It's a very clever system, but that one does seem to roll a lot. If I were buying I'd be wanting to check out motorcrafts calculations with the German firms.
That trucks is still pretty recent, will certainly have limp mode and all the other stuff.

Please correct me if I'm wrong I realise it's built for all terrains BUT I feel that over lander was close to tipping over at one stage on the test drive.It shook up the new owner and I think the owner maybe changed his pants on returning home.

It it was her she would have been with him on the last collection no i think he was trying to justify his obsession. And yes they would need to go to bigger campsites to accommodate them

Certainly looked to me that the box was so softly sprung that it was the movement of the box that made it appear so unstable, even on that surface, which was hardly off road. I've got zero knowledge of this stuff, but I've seen plenty of these driving and they don't wobble like that one.

The Overlander which apparently set them back £350 thousand pounds I noticed like the fridge etc and chrome work was covered in finger prints as they inspected it.Without being picky if I was paying a figure like that it would need to be immaculate on collection.And I know nothing about building one of these but I feel the rear body roll is going to be a problem for them on their travels.

Bill exactly. Either he is mega rich as supposedly spent over a million pounds on his 14 Motorhomes or loves a bit of finance and the interest payments attached.Without being nasty I lean towards him not having a pot and constantly having a mega finance agreement.It seems he needs to outdo the Jones"s probably and his Mrs is at the end of her patience with him and his obsession.

I am unsure Micky. You may be right.
Yes the total he has spent is a million but that’s less his trade ins. He’s probably spent less than half of that. And I know it makes no sense whatsoever.
To be frank I am a bit like him I love buying a new Motorhome. I got my first five years ago, a chausson 510, and within two years I was not happy with it. I wanted an A class so a year later I got a Roller team Pegaso 590. Now less than two years later I fancy a Wildax Elara van conversion. The only thing that’s stopping me is it’s only two berth, and we love taking our grandson, so for now it’s not on.
But I can honestly say I am not interested in keeping up with anyone, I just love the whole experience of buying a Motorhome. If I ever buy the Elara will it be my last. Well it will be if my wife has got anything to do with it.:)
The guy struck me as being down to Earth, and addicted to buying new vans.

Certainly looked to me that the box was so softly sprung that it was the movement of the box that made it appear so unstable, even on that surface, which was hardly off road. I've got zero knowledge of this stuff, but I've seen plenty of these driving and they don't wobble like that one.

possibly a weeble van mark.
You know weebles wobble but they don’t fall down :):ROFLMAO:

I am unsure Micky. You may be right.
Yes the total he has spent is a million but that’s less his trade ins. He’s probably spent less than half of that. And I know it makes no sense whatsoever.
To be frank I am a bit like him I love buying a new Motorhome. I got my first five years ago, a chausson 510, and within two years I was not happy with it. I wanted an A class so a year later I got a Roller team Pegaso 590. Now less than two years later I fancy a Wildax Elara van conversion. The only thing that’s stopping me is it’s only two berth, and we love taking our grandson, so for now it’s not on.
But I can honestly say I am not interested in keeping up with anyone, I just love the whole experience of buying a Motorhome. If I ever buy the Elara will it be my last. Well it will be if my wife has got anything to do with it.:)
The guy struck me as being down to Earth, and addicted to buying new vans.

Me too, I'd get a new van every few years, if I could and if it weren't so time consuming.
As enjoyable as the DIY route is, it's a lot of research and time, even if you get someone to do the actual conversion. Even getting the van right takes time, most UK Mercedes dealers wouldn't even know how to order my van.

As I said on a thread on OAL, it's a tv program, always take everything on it 'with a pinch of salt', it's there to entertain not educate. That aside it looks like his wife is one of those who leaves it to him to make the choice, then she can complain about it not being right.

As I said on a thread on OAL, it's a tv program, always take everything on it 'with a pinch of salt', it's there to entertain not educate. That aside it looks like his wife is one of those who leaves it to him to make the choice, then she can complain about it not being right.

AOL yes remember them well being our 1st internet provider back in the day 😂

The Overlander which apparently set them back £350 thousand pounds I noticed like the fridge etc and chrome work was covered in finger prints as they inspected it.Without being picky if I was paying a figure like that it would need to be immaculate on collection.And I know nothing about building one of these but I feel the rear body roll is going to be a problem for them on their travels.
Don't know how many takes they had done....might have been pristine before filming? The body roll scared me.. I know it is meant to be stable but imagined anything not pinned down would be flying. But then we aren't planning on doing the sahara, Alaska, African game reserves etc or wherever they were planning. The deck bit looked fun ....could do that bit easily!

the base vehicle used was an ex army MAN so at £350k not even a new motor , the rear unit is independently sprung and you can adjust the tension on the dampers the roll did look excessive but tbh that is more off road than most of these vehicles experience

the base vehicle used was an ex army MAN so at £350k not even a new motor , the rear unit is independently sprung and you can adjust the tension on the dampers the roll did look excessive but tbh that is more off road than most of these vehicles experience
The trucks got a huge three pointed star on it :)

The trucks got a huge three pointed star on it :)
20210223_200755.png

Sorry, I know the general theme just now is the overlander, but....

We’ve just gotten round to watching this and Julian (I know various people have already sung his praises) made me smile.

I wonder if he realises that us ”peasants” (speaking for myself here of course) are every bit as keen to mix with his social class as he is to mix with ours. Really, who wants to end up sharing holiday space with a stuck, superior, ????, oh, what‘s the word I’m looking for 🤔?

Off at a slight tangent, watching the Bailey factory explains why, when trying to get to some pipes or wiring you find yourself muttering “how on earth did they get that in there. Easy, peasy, there was no skin in place at the time!

Off at a slight tangent, watching the Bailey factory explains why, when trying to get to some pipes or wiring you find yourself muttering “how on earth did they get that in there. Easy, peasy, there was no skin in place at the time!

All well and good until something goes wrong and then you swearing and cursing because its impossible to fix as been boxed in by the sides,when manufacturing in this way. Also when you watch each side panel on those videos being lifted up last it makes you wonder and think mmm this sure looks a bit flimsy.And explains why said Motorhomes collapses like a pack a cards if involved in a small accident sometimes seen on motorways etc where the whole coachbuilt part is across a lane on its side. Sometimes for peace of mind its better to own a Van Conversion with its strength in the Metal Van sides and you know each item has been constructed and brought in through the door before fixing in place and so is accessible to fix in the future.Same with a homebuilt van you know how its put together.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back