Million Pound Motorhomes Sunday 8pm Channel 5

Nooooo! Not the old galvanising debate 😂
I've never got to the bottom of exactly when Sprinters were galvanised, but I think you'll find it's, T1N's (903's) weren't galvanised. NCV3's (906's) were galvanised and they changed the galvanising process for the 2013/14 update, that's the one with separate DRL's. No doubt all VS30's are galvanised too.

Mark NCV3 separate DRLs wtf? Now we are getting technical 😂 😂

Nooooo! Not the old galvanising debate 😂
I've never got to the bottom of exactly when Sprinters were galvanised, but I think you'll find it's, T1N's (903's) weren't galvanised. NCV3's (906's) were galvanised and they changed the galvanising process for the 2013/14 update, that's the one with separate DRL's. No doubt all VS30's are galvanised too.

Cheers Mark, are they built in South Africa, or Germany Mark, do you Know.?

I have seen rust on the previous Sprinter Mark, but only were the panels were dented.

Cheers Mark, are they built in South Africa, or Germany Mark, do you Know.?

I have seen rust on the previous Sprinter Mark, but only were the panels were dented.
Sprinters are built in many places, not sure about SA though.
But the Sprinter you buy in Europe will almost definitely be made in Germany, or at least assembled in Germany.

To be fair watching that video doesnt give me any confidence in investing 70 grand on a Bailey Motorhome

2cv I watched that video and In that 1.18 minute video it only shows about 23 seconds of the crash impact and the rest intro and outro shows nowt, the occupants in the crash tested rear seat with no doubt a metal crash tested frame attached to the seat belts would remain seated in one piece fair enough but would be injured in some way. Watch the video again and it shows the sides and the rest literally falling apart around them.Its not a very good video only showing 23 seconds of the impact. In my post above I wasnt claiming that passengers would in theory be unsafe I was just trying to say the box i/e the van around them will fall apart in a crash ,which in that 23 seconds it seems it clearly does even the wall cupboards fly off the sides to the right The full Kitchen Unit is thrown forwards including the metal Cooker and Sink towards the Front seat passengers, and the partition behind them.I wouldnt want a child to be sat there with all that debris flying across a childs head.Not a very good recommendation for a Bailey Motorhome.Sorry to any Bailey Owners on this Forum.

Bailey did work to improve things after the first test as linked. There are a series of videos showing things improving, here’s the 5th one. What’s a bit worrying is that most vans don’t get this sort of testing so their performance in a crash may well be similar to that in video 1.

I finally watched the programme last night and I cannot see what all the fuss is about. The people did not seem much out of the ordinary to me, they were just wealthier and plonked in front of a TV camera. Most of us would come over badly when interviewed. I am more than happy with my 2006 Burstner as it is rock solid (unlike newer vans). If I wanted a new one I can afford to buy one of the more upmarket models but it looks like some members might think I am a knob (some do now anyway).:)

I finally watched the programme last night and I cannot see what all the fuss is about. The people did not seem much out of the ordinary to me, they were just wealthier and plonked in front of a TV camera. Most of us would come over badly when interviewed. I am more than happy with my 2006 Burstner as it is rock solid (unlike newer vans). If I wanted a new one I can afford to buy one of the more upmarket models but it looks like some members might think I am a knob (some do now anyway).:)

Only applies if your name was Julien ;)

The programme has certainly generated debate. It is always a case of " take it with a pinch of salt" as the makers want us to like/loath/ debate the participants. Treat it as an partly fictional, interesting, look inside other people's lives, and motorhomes. Wouldn't want one myself, even if I had the money....but lots of people do.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back