Million Pound Motorhomes Sunday 8pm Channel 5

The Radfords came across ok they were the only normal ones on it. Trying to make a quid rather than spending a fortune anyway I’m biased I like the Radfords and what they do for there kids. We’ll done to Steve and lyndsay and the boys.
Watched it all through my next doors window, what a load of cr-p, my 6 grand van does the job every bit as good, and can share chat on here with real folks.
Big plus you can fix it if it breaks

QUOTE="mariesnowgoose, post: 1167752, member: 22098"]
Just thinking... the other thread running at the moment about the £40 per night Pendine “aire”?

For an extra 20 quid you can stay with Lord & Lady wassname with the posh street food, on ‘site loo of the year‘ and whatever other bells & whistles they’ve got on their site.

But that genuinely sounds a bargain compared to just a bit of tarmac with water and black waste facilities.

Of course the main benefit of the Lord & Lady site is you’re mixing with people of the right social class, not working class oiks like wot I is 👍😇
[/QUOTE]
You missed out the Lambrusco reception on arrival.🍾

Last edited:
I did think of a group of " common," motorhomes turning up at the £60 a night job, and lowering the tone, as said better value than £40 for tarmac and shared loos. Wonder if they have servants to empty the toilet and refill the water?

That off road overlander thing seemed to have a lot of body roll.

No mention anywhere that they were all over 3.5 tonnes with all the hassle that brings, an too big to fit in a carpark space

All in all I'll stick with chucking the mattress, portapoti and gas hob in the back of the van

I still like the dream of some of that comfort and ease in big beds, comfy seats, porcelain toilet, roof top verandas and gold taps but I didn’t see a butler or chef installed. So my Sh-tssaun and Ron will have to stay ;)

The Radfords were the best bit, IMO 👍

(although I’ve always really liked those overland vehicles - sigh!)
Great for shopping Marie...
P1020152.JPG

It reminded me of the time in 2015, when we pulled onto the campsite in Rudeshiem in our old self build. The site owner directed us to a pitch next to a hugh, brand new, gleaming state of the art motorhome. Within 5 minutes of our arrival, the Norwegian owner was out, pressing buttons to retract the awning, putting away his bbq (which probably cost more than our van) etc, he must be going we thought. But no, with every thing packed, he jumped in to the van and did a 20 point turn, so that he was facing the other way.
It made us laugh, but needless to say, we didn't pass the time of day with them.

It reminded me of the time in 2015, when we pulled onto the campsite in Rudeshiem in our old self build. The site owner directed us to a pitch next to a hugh, brand new, gleaming state of the art motorhome. Within 5 minutes of our arrival, the Norwegian owner was out, pressing buttons to retract the awning, putting away his bbq (which probably cost more than our van) etc, he must be going we thought. But no, with every thing packed, he jumped in to the van and did a 20 point turn, so that he was facing the other way.
It made us laugh, but needless to say, we didn't pass the time of day with them.
There used to be a couple in our street who stopped me once and said my old skoda was lowering the tone and i should get rid of it, a short time later they moved and someone we know bought there house, took weeks of cleaning to get rid of the dirt and fleas, i kid you knot.

(y)(y)(y)

Still a bit steep at £3k, but a very good idea all the same.
Yes, they are a good idea but silly money. They also use a lot of power.

Have been wondering about one for next van, but too much money and use too much power, you'll need a fair battery bank or hook up. Shame there isn't a diesel one as considering no gas.
Have wondered if you could use them for 3 or 4 days, then do the incinerating while driving, not sure if they are designed for that though.

Yes, they are a good idea but silly money. They also use a lot of power.

Have been wondering about one for next van, but too much money and use too much power, you'll need a fair battery bank or hook up. Shame there isn't a diesel one as considering no gas.
Have wondered if you could use them for 3 or 4 days, then do the incinerating while driving, not sure if they are designed for that though.

Mark have Truma not developed a toilet without a cassette. Your waste is put into the grey water tank after being put through some chemicals.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back