Midgie misery

lenny

I've just decided to take Rick's advice and try his trusted solution to reppel those goddam midgies/mozzies.
The product is "Skin so Soft" and it's made by Avon,buy it online hear...

http://www.gailsreps.co.uk/buy-avon.php

Just bought 3 bottles for a tenner,hope it arrives for the weekend.

BTW I have no connections with Avon:)...Honest:D:p

My mother bought me that couple of years ago. I was going to far east and mozzies always get me. I would tell you how good it was but I forgot to take it.

I've always wondered if you could also take the Avon stuff internally. You know, mix it up with your G&T and then you could sweat it out through your pores... I wouldn't try this stunt with anything DEET based having seen what that stuff does to a placky watch :D

lavender oil is just as good and a lot cheaper and is used by many commercial gardeners
jungle formula rolon lasts fairly well ,, the spray is not quite as good it dont last long
i find the best of all is (johnsons baby oil) midgies and flies dont like it i have used it in many tropical regions it works for me try it for yourself

CCC sell some very strong DEET at almost 100% DEET but I still get bit with that. I've also heard that eating Marmite is effective for some people or taking Brewers yeast tablets don't know how many though.

CCC sell some very strong DEET at almost 100% DEET but I still get bit with that. I've also heard that eating Marmite is effective for some people or taking Brewers yeast tablets don't know how many though.

marmite and brewers yeast might affect the parts that others cant reach

Might not work either but I find nothing seems to work for me I'm iresistable to mozzies.

Hi, I was told by a Welsh guy that his wife took two Brewers yeast tablets first and last thing worked wonders for her.:p I asked him what about him, his reply was that he didn't like the tablets:( but he had plenty home brew beer with him!!:D:D:D He reckoned that the yeast in his brew was sweated out through his pores and drove the midges/mozzies away:cool:. Dont know if he could carry enough with him for a month though:rolleyes:

Jim

i find the best of all is (johnsons baby oil) i have used it in many tropical regions it works for me try it for yourself

I used it on a trip to H.K and Phuket and Singapore and etc. ... still didn't stop me getting bitten :D

Skin so soft worked for me and my family when we where camping in the Lakes a good few years ago, it used to come in two different plastic bottles one pink and the other blue, the blue one was the best. ;)

I can definitely vouch for the effectiveness of the Avon skin so soft product Lenny, as a keen fisherman I tend to get eaten alive at certain times of the year, my wife bought some of this for me upon recommendation and I swear by it, it is absolutely brilliant, they do not like the stuff at all, I always carry some whenever I am fishing now.

Plus of course the added benefit of having skin as soft as a babies behind and I am probably the nicest smelling angler on the bank.

Brilliant stuff, watch out as they do promos on it occasionally, last year it was a virtual BOGOF deal, I bought quite a few.

the best stuff ive used was "Deep Woods Off" while in Nova Scotia
I saw a Mozzie draging a dog down the road once there Honest!

Avon Skin so Soft

Hi, it does work to keep the little beggars away, tried and tested in Scotland by "The Royal Marines" and I think they would know all about it.
Helps keep your skin soft too! Always keep a bottle in the Motorhome for all Countries.
Happy Camping.

Skin so soft worked for me and my family when we where camping in the Lakes a good few years ago, it used to come in two different plastic bottles one pink and the other blue, the blue one was the best. ;)

the midge's r much worse up here than the lake district, skin so soft did'nt work for me

Hi, it does work to keep the little beggars away, tried and tested in Scotland by "The Royal Marines" and I think they would know all about it.
Helps keep your skin soft too! Always keep a bottle in the Motorhome for all Countries.
Happy Camping.

Like I said in a post somewhere on here a long time ago,( on the whiskey under the bridge scale), I was using skin so soft ( non oily moisturising spray) at Lochranza on aran, sat outside the van in me shorts and T shirt ( not a pretty site) when someone walked by with one of those anti midge hats that have a net covering the head, dressed in long truse and a jumper pulled over the hands. She saw me and asked if it was the dram that was keeping the midges at bay, so I did my skin so soft sales pitch,( the misses gives it away, tsk tsk), She couldnt believe I was sat in such a state of undress ( not a pretty site) as everyone else on the site was being eaten alive. We have 6 bottles on the van now, as we are going to the western isles this summer.;)

the medical answer

women are more likely to be bothered by flys and be bitten by mossies than men,(a medical fact)
i am also atracted to women
but i dont bite
the sting in the tale is
they also call me a fly by night i wonder what means !

the midge's r much worse up here than the lake district, skin so soft did'nt work for me
I can believe that,Hilly, if their anything like the them Scottish flys:eek::p
I bought my van from Scotland recently and when I opened the fly screen in the roof vent, me and Jack got attacked by about 6 angry flys:eek::eek: and what a job I had trying to swat them and shoosh them away:(, they kept coming back for more.
Never known such aggresive little things:p

women are more likely to be bothered by flys and be bitten by mossies than men,(a medical fact)

If thats the case, :confused:, why do they choose to set up camp on my baldy heed:eek::p:D, you dont see many baldy women:confused::p;):rolleyes:

Just ordered the 3 pack so should smell like a citranella candle on legs. :DNoticed that in the catalogue that the Skin so Soft isnt made with Citranella any more, its made with lemon so wont have the same effect.

Skin So Soft and Crocodile

I found the Skin So Soft was OK on Scottish midgielouts for about an hour but then it suddenly seemed to wear off and there was all-out mayhem and feasting - erg!:eek:

But at the Broom fishery near Annan, where a lot of the wee b's lurk, they sell an oil called Crocodile and it's excellent. I saw it on Skye too last year...it picks up where the Avon stuff leaves off. Time to stock up for this year, methinks - they were just starting this last week when I was in Galloway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back