MICE REPELLENTS.

Oh well I guess I'll just have to keep driving constantly so they can't climb on board 🤷😁.....😂 Looks like it's just trial and error with different methods. For tonight I've got several cotton pads soaked in different solutions, including vinegar and citronella oil. 🤷

Oh well I guess I'll just have to keep driving constantly so they can't climb on board 🤷😁.....😂 Looks like it's just trial and error with different methods. For tonight I've got several cotton pads soaked in different solutions, including vinegar and citronella oil. 🤷

I wonder if running the engine once a day would deter them - or fry them come to that!

Most of our neighbours seem to own cats, that spend most of the time in our garden, and are quite often sheltering under our motorhome either out of the sun but mostly out of the rain, which seems to be keeping the mices away

Yeah we've loads of cats around here, one always bolts from under the van when I go out to it. Obviously it's too well fed to bother with chasing little furry things, or the mice just thinks it's no threat and just a pussy......😂

I wonder if running the engine once a day would deter them - or fry them come to that!
Chicken fried mice.
chippy.png

Our screen washer stopped working in spain a few weeks back, could hear motor going but no screen wash hitting windscreen, strange i thought, on investigation found the rubber tube from screen wash reservoir chewed to **ck together with a 2 inch hole in the reservoir itself,
We were on our way back home and I was paranoid about every noise I heard in the van when trying to get to sleep thinking something was chewing the wiring, hopefully the temperature change from Spain to minus 11 as soon as we entered france made the little blighter abandon ship asap.

We had mice in the engine of our berlingo, caused a fair bit of damage...potentially £1500 but thanks to an honest garage who sourced second hand relays (mouse pee fried them!) It "only " cost £800 total! Had several other wires chewed but after about a month seemed to have identified and sorted the problems. This was after the car had been parked for less than a week in a very wooded area. We are now paranoid about mice! We leave a sonic deterrent plugged in under the bonnet of car or van if going away for any time. Peppermint oil dotted all over the engine, on top of tyres and wheel arch and around doors, bait left nearby but not in the engine (worried about attracting them once they had been evicted). We had wiped the entire engine area and the tyres with bleach to try and erase the trail.
We still discover little piles of seeds in odd places like under the battery compartment. But no evidence of actual mice so the multiple deterrents must be working 🤞🤞

Whatever you do, don't put traps under the van as was suggested earlier. You will kill wild birds in them. You could put a trap in a length of drainpipe and put that under the van.
We had a rat problem in the garden last year, I pushed a trap well under the garden shed which is only a few inches off the ground. Next morning I had caught a young robin, still alive with both legs smashed. Very upsetting.
I keep a rodenticide baited box two feet from my van against the house wall. No problems in the van in 14 years.

I wouldn't have put any uncovered traps under the van either as we have several cats, and wild birds around. Places in an old drain pipe they're probably safe from most wild birds etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back