Merc Vans v Sevel

Actually where we live Asda vans do have both toilet and shower as well as being 4x4.

They are Iveco based and the driver generally does 2 nights away while delivering
They'll be worth nabbing when asda get rid of them.

Since buying my Renault Master based PVC I tend to notice them more. Round here - S Wales - many ambulances and police vans are Masters.
So far we are very pleased with ours based on a Renault Master. 2.5 Dci.
Lunar coach built.
Good performance and economy (30mpg)
6 forward gears.
Decent ride and "big wheels / tyres"
I note significantly smaller wheels on Fiat based vehicles !

I think that probably the biggest factor is the deal that the manufacturers fleet sales department offers to the fleet manager.

Only large vans or ch cabs have chassis under them, most light vans and all cars except pickups and 4/4 are monocock construction since ww2.
Not true, many cars had chassis in the 50’, 60’s and even early 70’s.

just as an example, all Triumph TR’s up to and including the TR6 were on a chassis, so was the herald, vitesse, and many others were not monocoque chassis in the same era.

Last edited:
Gutted! I've always fancied a refrigerator van for a conversion for the straight edges and insulation. Haven't yet worked out why they are not popular
I don’t know how true it is but I have heard the fridge vans get a lot of condensation in the insulation which causes rot problems

So far we are very pleased with ours based on a Renault Master. 2.5 Dci.
Lunar coach built.
Good performance and economy (30mpg)
6 forward gears.
Decent ride and "big wheels / tyres"
I note significantly smaller wheels on Fiat based vehicles !
We've just bought one too - so far I can't fault it. Its a shame they stopped trading

The Master comes with a 4 year/100k warranty. I believe that from new there is a choice of that or 3 years/unlimited but the 4 year option is ideal for a moho.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back