Tesco.
AmazonFresh.
Ocado. ..
Waitrose.
Morrisons.
Iceland.
Sainsbury's.
Asda

All use the Merc based delivery van, unlike 80% of MoHo builders who use the Ducato (Sevel) based van .

Are we all being short changed, cheapskates, tight or just not willing to pay the extra, the Supermarkets are.
Or maybe the Sevel vans are better? When I have had a look at PCV, the layout has always, IMO, been way more appealing

A fleet of vans of the same same make is a practical way of maintaining a large fleet ,

Last edited:
Surprised how few of the big shops use Renault Masters or it's variants, all fine vans.

Seeing as VW own both MAN and Scania, I'd go for a Scania badged Crafter any day.
Nothing to do with labels of course. 😂

I'm driving a xlwb master and am very very impressed with power,fuel consumption but the drivers seat ain't that comfy after 4 hrs but nice van with a massive cargo load

This won’t make me popular.
The serval vans won’t do the mileage. Certainly in ambulance format, the sprinters take the pasting of hard commercial use. The sprinters last an extra 100,000 miles under hard use.
For MH use the serval vans have a lot going for them, wide and boxy. Myself, I like rear wheel drive and the mechanical simplicity that goes with it.

Surprised how few of the big shops use Renault Masters or it's variants, all fine vans.

Seeing as VW own both MAN and Scania, I'd go for a Scania badged Crafter any day.
Nothing to do with labels of course. 😂
Since buying my Renault Master based PVC I tend to notice them more. Round here - S Wales - many ambulances and police vans are Masters.

When you buy a 3.5t vehicle you have lots of choices, but when you add a fridge / freezer you really want a ladder chassis so RWD chassis cab is where your at.

Then the cost of the conversion can double the vehicle price.

So you need a longer service life, so your down to Merc or Iveco, the grafter is a merc and low production rates mean fleet discount if not so attractive.

Then you want it running all day and most of the night, so you need a dealer network that will service overnight, that means a truck dealer.

So who makes ladder chassis 3.5t vehicles with a good commercial dealer network?

Merc and Iveco

When you buy a 3.5t vehicle you have lots of choices, but when you add a fridge / freezer you really want a ladder chassis so RWD chassis cab is where your at.

Then the cost of the conversion can double the vehicle price.

So you need a longer service life, so your down to Merc or Iveco, the grafter is a merc and low production rates mean fleet discount if not so attractive.

Then you want it running all day and most of the night, so you need a dealer network that will service overnight, that means a truck dealer.

So who makes ladder chassis 3.5t vehicles with a good commercial dealer network?

Merc and Iveco
That chassis and under 3.5 ton = low payload. :(

What kind of chassis do front wheel drive cab and chassis have?
The ones intended to work, not bases for MH's

Only large vans or ch cabs have chassis under them, most light vans and all cars except pickups and 4/4 are monocock construction since ww2.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back