Main Sticker poll and dicussion

would you like a wildcamping vehicle sticker(s)

• Yes I maybe interested if they are any good

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
re WildCamping stickers

Just wondered if there could be a plain one, no comedy tag at all on it, for the curmudgeonly amongst us.
I can think of loads of funny/cringeworthy tags but so far not one I'd want to put on the 'van...

curmudgeonly

janny said:
Just wondered if there could be a plain one, no comedy tag at all on it, for the curmudgeonly amongst us.
I can think of loads of funny/cringeworthy tags but so far not one I'd want to put on the 'van...

Im only a little bear, what is curmudgeonly???????:confused: :confused: :confused:
Think it means bad tempered, but Im just a little bear, SOON I'll be a big bad bear!

Last edited:
Definition
curmudgeon Show phonetics
noun [C] OLD-FASHIONED
a bad-tempered old person

As of The Cambridge Dictionary? So we are both right.

oxford Big bad bear dictionary says

beejay said:
Definition
curmudgeon Show phonetics
noun [C] OLD-FASHIONED
a bad-tempered old person

As of The Cambridge Dictionary? So we are both right.
The Oxford big bad bear dictionary says "a bad tempered person":mad:
But i'm still only a little bear & willing to learn!;)

sticker

Hi whtaever the majority decides with I will go along with but,dont let it take forever,get them out asap.Let people know that this is a way of life for a lot of us.I priced a site in Hastings for a week in July it was that expensive we have booked a ferry crossing with Sea France and a site in Pas De Calais and have still got enough left over for the duty free!!! cheers,Tom

Stickers

I agree that it would be a brilliant idea for stickers to be displayed and perhaps another thought would be for maybe a once a year meet so we could all put faces to the names on the boards and hopefully make lots of new friends where we could give and take advice face to face? Just a thought and I know it would be hard to implement but would be good if it did happen.

& 2 Veg?

billy1000 said:
I agree that it would be a brilliant idea for stickers to be displayed and perhaps another thought would be for maybe a once a year meet so we could all put faces to the names on the boards and hopefully make lots of new friends where we could give and take advice face to face? Just a thought and I know it would be hard to implement but would be good if it did happen.

This has been discussed before on numerous threads with some members actually posting where they are going on a particular weekend/date so others could join them if they wish, but an annual meet kinda defeats what the site is all about really, not that it's not a good idea though! ;)

Sticker

I would like to see a small plain box that you could write your name/handle on it.

Hello fellow Wild Campers
I am dismayed at the suggestion of a sticker which would identify me to the world as a wild camper. My wife and I have been wild camping throughout Europe for approximately 25 years and always with hyper-sensitivity for the feelings of local authorities, residents and land-owners. Through this website I have read many stories about confrontation between wild campers and "locals". So far I have not had such a confrontation. If forced to defend my wild camping I will readily do so, but I have spent 25 years maintaining a very low profile to avoid attracting attention. It's not difficult, and it doesn't limit our choice of sites. An offended "local" is a threat to my peace of mind and my safety regardless of whether or not they have a right to be offended. To me, it seems counter-productive, even provocative, to advertise my wild camping. I make every effort to pass through the world unnoticed. It would be really nice if a wild camping sticker was seen by the world as an assurance of high standards of social behaviour but that is not going to happen. Sadly, it is naive to imagine that all our members will maintian the same high standards. "In the field" we will all be judged by the lowest denominator. And, if we are all displaying the same sticker it might finish up being publicly regarded as a sign of ASBO status. To quote a simple example: In almost fifty years of driving I have frequently seen appalling examples of bad driving in the case of cars bearing the badge of the Institute of Advanced Motorists, IAM. Consequently, these days I, like many others, read IAM as I AM, i.e. as a statement of the driver's self-esteem. If the sticker goes ahead I will definitely not be displaying one. Finally, my opinion might be more easily understood if I confess that I am someone who wears labels on the inside!

Viking :mad:

Don't you think the fact that we're sat in a white box measuring about 20' x 10' x 7', somewhere offroad, may advertise the fact that we're wild campers rather than a sticker measuring less then 6" x 3"? :confused:

Last edited:
This poll

I think that this poll has rekindled interest in this website:cool:

stickers ideas

wildcamping1.jpg

I have been reading your posts & got a few good ideas & with all your help i came up with this...hope you like it sam x x x x ;)

mangothemadmonk said:
WildCamping For Motorhomes.....Naturaly!!

I like this one. I would sugest an inside sticker rather than an external one that can be damaged by any passer-by.

My Motorhome friendly Naturist club may consider offering the use of its services area, to dump liquid waste and toilet contents and take on fresh water. It is situated 2 miles west of the A1 on the A69 west of Newcastle upon Tyne. Handy for the Metro Centre and Hadrians wall. Nudity is not compulsory. Overnight stop may also be a possibility with the use of an electric hookup to recharge batteries. CCBN members are always welcome.

Would members consider this service useful to them tel 07 778 835221 quote TANDO Motorhome Service

Last edited by a moderator:
2 ? answer.

1)yeh, i like that one too but haven't decided if i want one yet.

2)that's a generous offer and i would welcome a stop in that area.

irenerobbie said:
1)yeh, i like that one too but haven't decided if i want one yet.

2)that's a generous offer and i would welcome a stop in that area.

You can contact me on 07 778 835221 for details

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back