Main Sticker poll and dicussion

would you like a wildcamping vehicle sticker(s)

• Yes I maybe interested if they are any good

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Hi All.
Wouldn't a simple sticker with WILDCAMPING FOR MOTORHOMES and the web address, possibly help to attract more members particularly as they are likely to be seen in areas used by other wildcampers.
Just me thinking out loud.

Regards Geoff.​

wild camping

how about 'Wild about camping' with the web site address,

yes! good idea this, on first glance, looks like just
an enthusiastic camping sticker!
sundown.

Sticker debate 2

As the Donations debate has somehow morphed into the sticker debate (doesn't happen a lot does it???) and has had some good contributions, I thought I would bring it back home where it belongs. there seems to have been some changed views and some alternative suggestions so here again are mine......... I would not like a sticker that advertise that I am a wildcamper but I would like a sticker with a slogan that would identify us to each other and state a spurious link like..... BORN TO BE WILD.......WILD AT HEART...........WILD ABOUT CAMPING............WILD ABOUT MY VAN.............WILD AT LENNY AND SUNDOWN.;)....... well not really, but you get the thread.... we could have the web address at the bottom in small type but the casual reader will not get that close. So lets keep the debate here.

As someone who has just joined this site, I'm going to give an outsiders view. It's an honest practical one, so sorry if it offends anyone.

You've got 174 people saying they "may" be interested. When you reduce that because of the number of people who don't like the sticker, or who have left the website, or who don't want to pay for other reasons, you are probably going to be left with 50 at the most who would buy one. Probably less than that as it is the same few people who are posting in the 38 pages of thread.

With those kind of numbers it's not very practical to do print runs. The cost per sticker would be much higher with small numbers. On the numbers you've got, it would be much more practical to agree on something and then make your own. This can be done by printing out a jpg from the web on a colour printer and then using a laminator to make your own sticker.

(Also if the web address is small, there's little point in having it. You can't have stealth and worthwhile publicity, the two are mutually exclusive ;) )

As someone who has just joined this site, I'm going to give an outsiders view. It's an honest practical one, so sorry if it offends anyone.

You've got 174 people saying they "may" be interested. When you reduce that because of the number of people who don't like the sticker, or who have left the website, or who don't want to pay for other reasons, you are probably going to be left with 50 at the most who would buy one. Probably less than that as it is the same few people who are posting in the 38 pages of thread.

With those kind of numbers it's not very practical to do print runs. The cost per sticker would be much higher with small numbers. On the numbers you've got, it would be much more practical to agree on something and then make your own. This can be done by printing out a jpg from the web on a colour printer and then using a laminator to make your own sticker.

(Also if the web address is small, there's little point in having it. You can't have stealth and worthwhile publicity, the two are mutually exclusive ;) )

However the web site inclusion might appear to be the producer of the sticker, as many do, so encouraging curiosity, and checking out the site,so encouraging the popularity of the Forum. I came to this site as many did out of curiosity and found a dam good bunch, as I am sure others will.

I think firefox's suggestion is very practical
the idea of printing out a a sticker and laminating it oneself
costs nothing.
also, if the sticker was displayed on the dash inside the window
it could be removed when necessary
if it also stated "exploring UK" or "tourists en route" etc
it could keep mr. plod and the locals happy
this way the wildcamping logo could still be used

Hear, hear :rolleyes:
I copied the heading, put 'Member' under it. And when (if) I come over I'll be proud to show it behind my windshield, just hoping to meet one of your guys.:)

Stickers

I am the Treasurer of a club and one of our members had some stickers printed up a couple of years ago. They are post card size, clear polythene printed with one colour, logo and writing. They are not adhesive and stick to glass/plastic just like your tax disc holder. It cost us £135 for 100. We didn't sell many so the club has them in stock. I wouldn't like to be the one out of pocket even for you guys (& girls). Also at the end of last year someone reported that they had damaged the plastic windows in their van, ouch. They idea of a common print which we laminate ourselves sounds a good idea to me.

Jon

some are "for" stickers, and some are "against"
and some would just like a form of recognition
without being seen as a wildcamper
well, for what its worth here's my attempt
maybe a bit rough
but you get the idea

untitled.JPG

tax disc size on the windscreen maybe

Well done Nick that one I like, after all this talking about it is it ever going to become a reality, just a thought as I pass this way.

Tone

maybe a bit rough
but you get the idea

View attachment 300

Good idea Nick, very impressed:rolleyes: but why not stick a pic of paddy in the middle:eek::rolleyes:

Not in your face

maybe a bit rough
but you get the idea

View attachment 300

That is not bad at all!, in fact quite a good idea as not in your face:cool::cool::cool:

oh no

with the amount of new members dare we mention the idea of stickers again bare in mind some conflict last time round:eek::eek::D

Green is great, Howabout
Support Wildcamping
Wildcamping - legalize it
Leave us alone we,re just WILDCAMPING

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back