Magic Earth sat nav app (Android and iOS)

No I haven't Kev. Didn't know about them. The key thing I probably do different though is using headphones on the scooter so I don't see the screen. Nowhere to mount a screen on the Honda really.

I'm just about to leave Boscastle for Tintagel. Google Maps says the road is closed and it's 16 miles, Magic Earth says it isn't and it's 4 miles 😁 which one will be right. Place your bets now! 😂
I'll go with Google, not keen on ME at all Google has never taken me don't any unsuitable roads in a long time.

I'll go with Google, not keen on ME at all Google has never taken me don't any unsuitable roads in a long time.
Stuff that. I went with Magic Earth and the road was clear so Google was wrong. I generally ignore road closures on the bike anyway as there is nearly always pedestrian access or a verge to get through. 😁

I wish I could find a better voice on magic earth than the old Irish school teacher. Funny in the chippy just now. I forgot to turn her off and she started spouting instructions from my pocket. 😁 So I put on an Irish accent and said "to be sure my dear" and turned left out of the queue. The girls in the chippy fell about but Mrs D sent me outside in disgrace. Suits me 🤠

Last edited:
Do other apps produce sounds? Perhaps your device is faulty.
Difficult to say really, I can get apps to make sounds but I may have some settings wrong, it’s an iPhone 13 Pro so pretty new ,I used to have same problem with copilot too ,it used to say “welcome to copilot” then bugger all.

Stuff that. I went with Magic Earth and the road was clear so Google was wrong. I generally ignore road closures on the bike anyway as there is nearly always pedestrian access or a verge to get through. 😁

I wish I could find a better voice on magic earth than the old Irish school teacher. Funny in the chippy just now. I forgot to turn her off and she started spouting instructions from my pocket. 😁 So I put on an Irish accent and said "to be sure my dear" and turned left out of the queue. The girls in the chippy fell about but Mrs D sent me outside in disgrace. Suits me 🤠
I’d kill for an Irish school teacher, I’ve still got bugger all , then again no one speaks to me normally

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:193)

molly 2, matbic, edina, Wooie1958, trevskoda, jagmanx, izwozral, gypo, mark61, ajb70, ricc, Bouydog, Pudsey Bear, AllanD, Robmac, guerdeval, iampatman, TJBi, alcam, number14, Heppy, colinm, myvanwy, Jo001, saxonborg, Martin P, winks, 2cv, bdastu, oppy, n brown, campervanannie, TeamRienza, reiverlad, Tim120, andyjanet, adriahome, MrSoapsud, jacquigem, r4dent, bellars, bartman, cooperman, barryd, stevelee10, Wully, Alberto, flying kipper, Obanboy666, vindiboy, ewen, TissyD, VandA, JVG, iandsm, Rod, marchie, Topmast, grobpilot, jeanette, Charlynch, The Collies, alan1958, veggiehouse, AnniePhoo, H Traveller, Winterskp, hamsterberg27, antiqueman, KevinW, Jeavsy, Okta, Clunegapyears, EllieM, CHII BUS, davef, gemmat, Nabsim, SimonM, prioryi, jennyp19, Phantom, chrishunter, Tezza33, Ted, bazzybabes, caledonia, stroller, seagoon, Mossystone, horace, terrywolf, RSD7a, amcjam, Gerti58, Zigisla, exwindsurfer, linkshouse, phtron, Florance, rambrose, DTF, The laird, Steve and Julie, ironman, lefty107, alwaysared, Muddypuddler, mopedracer, Chasn, raggeevets, chrisvs57, Dethy, Thistle, Rutaria, boonelet, Mikebike, robert webber, UFO, scotchsw3, Scotia, beegeew, DAVEY, alca, rookster_1, Motoroamer, Grim the Viking, RegnVal, V1nny, brucews, davep10000, drewswfc, tsarnik, RoaminRog, yeoblade, TimSands, royh28, Boris7, Steve, aross, Beechowl, Doinitinit, paulhelenwilko, britcoms, peejay, kevlakes, marsden, lizard, Munroz, kinse, Neckender, Matchlock, rugbyken, Dowel, smg, Pete H, Tartarus, Glandwr, kensowerby, Alshymer, stuuno, Geoff C, jeffmossy, Rumour, BigAldo, MikeRS, boggie, jstokesedi, Ched, Garyb79, regnarts, Glass man, Old Man Down, Peisinoe, Bazfitz, mariesnowgoose, Nicnaen, Polar Bear, douron, lesandpenny, Trotter, duncan2580, Jmick, Mberry, Lib, Di1234, Martin1865, Alun100, roadroamer, NeilyG, Biggogs, Bazza1509, KCjjj,
Back