Lowest leisure battery volts on load?

So for example if it was recommended to not let the battery to drop below 12v OFF load, if there was a light load say from a tv or lights what do people feel would be a save volt number to go down to without doing the batteries in, remembering that as soon as the TV or whatever goes off the volts will go back up. Or would damage still be done by allowing it to go below 12v while on load?

I will try run it down to 12.2 tonight with tv on then see what it rebounds to after switching it off.

i am a very cautious lady and rarely allow my batteries to drop below 12.4 - i believe that letting them drop too low and having to recharge too frequently will shorten the lives of batteries.

i am a very cautious lady and rarely allow my batteries to drop below 12.4 - i believe that letting them drop too low and having to recharge too frequently will shorten the lives of batteries.

Yeah I'll be doing the same with my next battery, this ones too far gone though :(

Providing the battery isn't deader than a Dodo, then if needs be you can still power up
low Wattage and not too voltage drop sensitive items for surprising lengths of time.
Even a water pump might do it's job after the battery has 'rested' for a while.

Yeah, I'm getting roughly 10 usuable ah out of it and the solar have it fully charged by morning so think I will make do for this year and renew next.

Just looked and fully charged its reading 13.8 but still only getting 10ah before it reaches 12v and controller kicks it off.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm getting roughly 10 usuable ah out of it and the solar have it fully charged by morning so think I will make do for this year and renew next.

Just looked and fully charged its reading 13.8 but still only getting 10ah before it reaches 12v and controller kicks it off.

Bit like drinking a pint of beer with a decent head, as you first drink it there's less and less
ale and proportionally more and more froth, and yet it still more or less fills the glass.
Well I know what 'I' mean even if no one else does :rolleyes:

Bit like drinking a pint of beer with a decent head, as you first drink it there's less and less
ale and proportionally more and more froth, and yet it still more or less fills the glass.
Well I know what 'I' mean even if no one else does :rolleyes:

Think you have had to many,hic burp.:lol-053:

Think you have had to many,hic burp.:lol-053:

No Trevor, the more I drink, the more sense I reckon I make. Just like way back in the 70s,
most of us believed we were better drivers the more pisted we got. And that smoking actually
eased a nasty cough, Craven A fags actually used to advertise that, I'm still a believer :lol-053:

Like hell I am!!!

Was that advice straight off the latest Ann Summers catalogue?

Is there a product available to buy that will disconnect the battery power when the voltage drops below a predetermined level?
I am just using a standard setup, no solar.

Is there a product available to buy that will disconnect the battery power when the voltage drops below a predetermined level?
I am just using a standard setup, no solar.

I'm pretty sure our solar regulators still function when then panels aren't connected so you could get a cheap solar regulator, you can get them on Ebay for under a tenner. Theres most likely ones for non solar also I'd imagine.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back