Low battery: get an Aspirin

Belgian

Last week my daughter-in-law rang me out of bed on one of these cold damp mornings (and everthing before 8 is a hell of a time for me :rolleyes:) 'Pa, the car won't start'. Grumpy me :'Put an aspirin in the battery; ring only back if this don't work' ???:confused:
She didn't ring back. Got her car started ! :eek:
Years ago a retired trucked gave me that advice. Never thought it worked !
I made the test myself. An old neglected battery was only giving 12 V (40% capacity- a throw away). Put half aspirin in each cell. And yes, after 5 min it showed 12,7 V (70% !) enough to get a start . OK, 15 minutes later it was back at 12 V, but in the main time...
So, it worked, saved me creeping out of bed on a cold morning. :D
If your battery is low: have aspirin. Take one yourself and put the rest in the battery and off you go both :D

PMSL....... Is it April 1st already ??
That is an awesome tip if it really works.

good tip belgian
this idea does seem to work,
I found this on the net

...Put two tablets [of aspirin] in each battery cell and wait no more than 1 hour (the acetylsalicylic acid combines with the sulfuric acid to get off one more charge.) You can pry the cell covers off with a screwdriver even on most maintenance-free batteries... Then the car will start right up (based on actual experience).

D. Hottle corroborated the soundness of the approach stating:

I know this solution works because I have done it before. To this day, I carry aspirin in my car for just that reason.

here is a link to the full page

http://www.makezine.com/extras/6.html

LOL:D I take aspirin every morning(helps thin the blood ) and reduces the chance of heart attack, I wonder if it thins the distilled water and battery acid in the battery or do batteries get a headache when it's cold.

Hope it does'nt upset their stomachs:eek::D

or piss in it !

Thank you Sundown
You saved me ;) I thought it should be an add-on to the 'dummy-belgian' jokes.
I didn't believe it myself, and was astonished it worked.:eek: Can't explain it; may it works a a sort of catalysator ?
What you say of this:
1.Take the battery out.
2.Remove the fluid from the battery.
3.Squeeze the dozen limes into the battery.
4.Drink the soda and urinate into the battery.
5.Fill the remainder of the battery with the water.
Wait 9 hours and put the battery back in.
Really, to get pissed-off :rolleyes: LOL

I am going to the doctors in the morning for a boat full of ASPRIN :D

that's brilliant mate i've never heard of that before
cool,i'll save up my asprins now:D:D:D

Go to Brussels ask Manneken-pis :confused: LOL

:confused::D:eek: I was scratching my baldy head when I first read your post, so I googled Mannekin Pis:eek: and I see what you mean:rolleyes:

PS Marvelous thing ,the Internet, Saved me a trip to Brussells;)

PPS Hope you don't think I'm taking the Pi**:eek:

:confused::D:eek: I was scratching my baldy head when I first read your post, so I googled Mannekin Pis:eek: and I see what you mean:rolleyes:

PS Marvelous thing ,the Internet, Saved me a trip to Brussells;)

PPS Hope you don't think I'm taking the Pi**:eek:

No trouble mate: 'niet pissig worden' (try Babelfish to have it translated) :D

Seriously, If you were to morris dance for half hour it would have exactly the same effect.

The Apsrin actually has no effect at all its the half hour wait that allows the battery to recover.

Seriously, If you were to morris dance for half hour it would have exactly the same effect.

The Apsrin actually has no effect at all its the half hour wait that allows the battery to recover.
if the battery were to watch you morris dance for half an hour
it would probably start up on its own
to get the 'ell out of there :eek: :D :D

if the battery were to watch you morris dance for half an hour
it would probably start up on its own
to get the 'ell out of there :eek: :D :D

you have seen him dance then too.....lol.......:D:D:D:D:D:D
dancingFatMan.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back