LOOKING FOR A CHRISTMAS DINNER VENUE.

You will pay over the odds (x2) on certain days and drinks. Do some practising at home (in vehicle).
Top quality frozen food and extras.
Maybe even buy an extra cooking device dependent on power available
Also treat yourselves with drinks and dessert posh cheese etc.
We cook roast potatoes in a ridge monkey.
I think we're going to have it in the van now, as no one's come back to us. At least we know we'll get something. And if it does snow and we can't get to the venue we've not wasted a load of money.
We'll be on hook up and have our Delta 2 on standby so we're going to buy an electric saucepan thingy which will give us more scope 🙂👍

I think we're going to have it in the van now, as no one's come back to us. At least we know we'll get something. And if it does snow and we can't get to the venue we've not wasted a load of money.
We'll be on hook up and have our Delta 2 on standby so we're going to buy an electric saucepan thingy which will give us more scope 🙂👍

If you have 240V available you could easily cook a Christmas dinner in an air fryer.

Our kids with various wives, husbands, children etc spend alternate Christmases with their in-laws which means that every other year we get time off!! We always try to get away in the van and have had some great times away. With a bit of preparation at home beforehand Christmas catering in the van is easy and nowhere near as stressful as cooking at home for a house of 6 adults plus us two and 6 grandchildren!
Last Christmas we went to Kirkudbright (Braemar 2 years before that) and although we had a meal out on Christmas Eve we did all our Christmas Day catering in the van and it was great. This year everybody will be here so pretty hard work.
Clearly EHU is an asset (I presume you are at the bowling club in Tomintoul if you have EHU) especially in Tomintoul which can get pretty chilly in winter!
Despite not being able to eat out I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

Our kids with various wives, husbands, children etc spend alternate Christmases with their in-laws which means that every other year we get time off!! We always try to get away in the van and have had some great times away. With a bit of preparation at home beforehand Christmas catering in the van is easy and nowhere near as stressful as cooking at home for a house of 6 adults plus us two and 6 grandchildren!
Last Christmas we went to Kirkudbright (Braemar 2 years before that) and although we had a meal out on Christmas Eve we did all our Christmas Day catering in the van and it was great. This year everybody will be here so pretty hard work.
Clearly EHU is an asset (I presume you are at the bowling club in Tomintoul if you have EHU) especially in Tomintoul which can get pretty chilly in winter!
Despite not being able to eat out I’m sure you’ll have a great time.
Yes we're at the bowling club! 😁👍our second visit. It was February last year and we missed the snow by a few days☹️, but spent two great days there. We'll definitely enjoy it anyway, but I just wanted to give my wife a break and a treat from cooking on Christmas day. We'll have something to eat out between Christmas and the New year to make up for it. It'll just be nice to chill out in the area we love for a while as we both have busy, stressful jobs.
I'd just like to say "Thank you" to you and everyone else who suggested places to try and alternative ideas.

Thanks again everyone
Colin. 🙂👍

A good plan.
More cash for other Xmas treats

Food for thought for you (pun intended). One of our motorhome Xmas dinners was a raclette which was so quick and simple as well as being enjoyable. All you need is a raclette machine (which we had in any case as we love raclettes), some raclette cheese, boiled spuds, and plenty of cold meats and pickles. Then sit and enjoy while “ cooking” at the table.

Ready prepared potato dishes (Long life in foil sachet) are easily reheated in a frying pan.
as are mushy peas !
a tin of posh Baxters soup. (Venison/Cock-a-leekie)
Ready Bread and Butter pudding and bought custard
Haggis ?

We've had Christmas Dinner in the van for many years.
Cook a chicken,pheasant or duck in oven.
Roast potatoes ,parsnips in dry frying pan on top of stove.Other veg in pressure cooker. Lovely, eat when we want

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back