Long live the king

Should we have a bank holiday, If no one likes him.

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • When our country readying for war we should be at work.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
'The only thing we have left is the royal family
No tourism without the royal family'
Imo the above statements are utter nonsense but I wouldn't state that you should leave the country because you don't agree with me .
Now for that statement you deserve all the flak you get
I felt that Annie’s comment about leaving the country was inappropriate, and posted to that effect.
But as for dishing out ”flack” I merely stated my views without any personal insults.

I am just glad that the coronation was a pared down event as Charlie promised.

Crowns from Claire Accessories.

Old coach spray painted with Holts gold paint.

Cloak recycled from an old moquette settee.

Mounted troops were rag and bone men.

Security by the Home Guard.

Banquet for all the heads of states supplied by Subway.

Hate to think of the cost had it all been the real deal!!

And only 18 million uk viewers, even Angie and Den getting the divorce papers on Eastenders got over 30 million viewers. 🤣🤣🤣

I am just glad that the coronation was a pared down event as Charlie promised.

Crowns from Claire Accessories.

Old coach spray painted with Holts gold paint.

Cloak recycled from an old moquette settee.

Mounted troops were rag and bone men.

Security by the Home Guard.

Banquet for all the heads of states supplied by Subway.

Hate to think of the cost had it all been the real deal!!

And only 18 million uk viewers, even Angie and Den getting the divorce papers on Eastenders got over 30 million viewers. 🤣🤣🤣
You missed out Harry only getting a ticket for the upper circle, and Andrew being let out just long enough to say he was there. He was forced to wear that heavy gear all day, but he said, “it’s ok as I don’t sweat” :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

much like demi have a niece out there new york county although they are of course committed anglophiles they sat out & watched 4 hours of coverage with their neighbours thought it was fantastic, during coverage one of the neighbours an american refered to diana as the true queen my niece shut her down with if the establishment hadn’t prevented charles & camilla 50 years ago life would have been simpler all round
I have been called many other four letter names in my time, but never Demi.
Is it to do with the new gender classifications???

Dezi

Right jeff one cup you should have another one on that pole. Should the bank holiday be dry. No it’s like the whole thing a big damp skwib. 😜

That’s your opinion, and that’s fine no problem with you holding that opinion. But that’s not what is shameful. What was shameful was to accuse people who don’t think like you as being negative, and stating they could go live elsewhere.
I and millions of others love our country, but feel that royalty is inappropriate and outdated, that opinion is just as valid as yours, and in our country people are free to air their opinions, that’s one of things I love about it. You obviously don’t reckon we should.
I don’t think you are being negative, and I know I am not being negative either.
And I hope you enjoyed yesterday, I really do.
I’m interested as to why people think royalty is inappropriate and tradition is outdated. It’s one of the last things we’ve got left that is being British. I certainly wouldn’t want a Joe Biden or Donald Trump.

I’m interested as to why people think royalty is inappropriate and tradition is outdated. It’s one of the last things we’ve got left that is being British. I certainly wouldn’t want a Joe Biden or Donald Trump.
It’s really very simple goggles.
We are all different and think differently, a human trate I actually love.
I don’t think it’s one of the last things we have got, I think this country although suffering right now has always punched well above its weight.
Hopefully it always will, with or without a crown.

As for your comments about Joe Biden and Donald Trump there we agree, (But in the case of Biden due solely to his age) neither would I, but they are powerful politicians elected by the people, who are charged with running their country, and all that entails. But you deliberately chose two poor individuals to prove a point, you could have given Nelson Mandela, or JFK, or Gandhi, or even one of my personal favourites Jimmy Carter, there are many others who led their countries with dignity and honour.
Charles is powerless, he’s actually now less powerful than he was before, I don't reckon he will be as opinionated. And thats a real shame, because I actually admired him for his openness and his frank opinions, most of which I agreed with. He cannot now freely air his views as you and I, without putting pressure on himself and his family.
But we no longer live in medieval times when monarchy could and did take your head, or had you hung drawn and quartered for questioning their power.
They have links with slavery, something I reckon will hurt Charles dearly.(watch this space) Times have changed time to move on.
But thats just my opinion and the opinion of millions of others.
Many feel that living in the past, holding on to outdated medieval traditions are holding us back, and lead us to think this makes us better, or even different from others. Well I think it makes us different, but I don't reckon thats advantageous.
You may be disheartened to note that in Scotland only one in three supports having a monarchy according to recent surveys.
But I hope you enjoyed the coronation, I know my wife did.

We my family and our lovely neighbours.
had a lovely bar b q and lots of glasses of pims yesterday its was a graceful day. With bunting and banter and lots of jacks .

Give Thanks to our king.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back