Lochore Update

Fisherman

We're just emailing to let you know that we are now taking bookings for 2022. The parking area doesn't open until Friday 1st April, but we are able to take bookings from that date onwards.
I have attached a blank Booking Form. If you would like to make a booking, please can you complete the form and send it back to us. Alternatively, you can give us a call on 01592 583343. Just to make you aware that payment must be received before we can confirm your booking.
The prices for overnight stays are now £12.00 per night without electric and £16.00 per night with electric.
If you're looking to book for the weekend of Rockore (Friday 26th & Saturday 27th August), we ask that you get in touch with us from Friday 25th March to book a space.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Lochore Meadows Country Park.
Kind regards
Lochore Meadows Country Park
Crosshill, by Lochgelly
KY5 8BA
Tel: 01592 583343
Web: https://active.fife.scot/locations/lochore-meadows
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and should not be disclosed to any other party.
If you have received this email in error please notify your system manager and the sender of this message.
This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses but no guarantee is given that this e-mail message and any attachments are free from viruses.
Fife Council reserves the right to monitor the content of all incoming and outgoing email.
Information on how we use and look after your personal data can be found within the Council’s privacy notice: www.fife.gov.uk/privacy
Fife Council

Good news from Lochore.
Lochore is now open all year now apart from the festive period.
I have just booked one night with EHU for £16.
it’s £12 without.
You can use the showers for £2.

Last edited:
Its now £14 a pitch + £6 ehu and £2 shower...
Here tonight and there's just four of us on site.
K ;)
Sadly I think Lochore has priced itself a tad too high then. It’s not a campsite, you can’t even properly get rid of grey water. The vans are not 6m apart.
I just booked two nights at the CCC site in Oban hard standing with EHU for £42.
When they charged £10 a night, and £12.50 with EHU I thought that was to cheap. I would have thought around £16 plus £2 for showers would be fair.
I can only hope that they will use this money to improve facilities.
All said and done I would still recommend Lochore, it has much to offer, and it’s now open all year round.

Considering the proximity to the Loch itself, I think that is worth a bit of a premium in itself over a basic site.
At the gathering in April, I booked a non-EHU pitch, but decided to shift to one with EHU for one night part way through and pay the £6 extra. And I did actually use around £6 of electrics (room + water heating, cooking and full battery recharge) so the £6 uplift at todays charges was very fair for me.

Think I will give Lochore a shout and let them know the general feeling rather than let it fester

Reactions: liz
Considering the proximity to the Loch itself, I think that is worth a bit of a premium in itself over a basic site.
At the gathering in April, I booked a non-EHU pitch, but decided to shift to one with EHU for one night part way through and pay the £6 extra. And I did actually use around £6 of electrics (room + water heating, cooking and full battery recharge) so the £6 uplift at todays charges was very fair for me.
David £20 a night plus £2 each to use a shower is £24 a day for two adults. We spent three nights in luxury at Braithwaite village CCC site in the Lake District last December for £21 a night. Lochore is a carpark with six EHU pitches close together. it’s nowhere near being a campsite, and all those cars who park there pay nothing, and they can spend the night. Also Lochore offers its chemical waste for free for those not staying. Let’s not forget this is a publicly funded body charging these amounts, not a private concern trying to make a profit.

I am not saying don’t use Lochore, I will still head there in winter. But I reckon they are overcharging.

Take a look at the toilets and showers in Braithwaite, and then think what lochore offers for £3 a night more. And we are talking the Lake District.

IMG_5971.jpeg

Last edited:
I tend to compare non-EHU prices TBH.
And I also never use campsite toilets or showers, so that comparison is a little lost on me as well. So it is the £14 bit that I look at.

I tend to compare non-EHU prices TBH.
And I also never use campsite toilets or showers, so that comparison is a little lost on me as well. So it is the £14 bit that I look at.
Ok then David but you have to look at the overall comparison, and Braithwaite without EHU would only have been £16 a night. Take Findhorn, extremely desirable location, far superior facilities, including grey water which lochore lacks, ANPR barrier, £15 a night. There are Aires in the highlands offering overnight stays for £5. We were in a carpark in Kinlochewe with chemical waste, and freshwater all they asked for was a donation, and suggested £5. I felt Lochore got it just about right at £12 and £16, possibly more in winter with EHU. I know there are rip off merchants out there, we paid the CMC £40 for one night in Bunree, but there are good deals out there from the CCC. £21 a night in Oban hard standing with EHU and all the other facilities. Lochore is a publicly funded body, not there to make a profit. And when you consider that we alone are the only ones who pay simply to park there, it looks even worse.

Just before I left the recent gathering at Lochore, I was given some information about the latest plans for the motorhome area.
And it is maddening that, for the life of me, I cant remember who told me !

What i was told was that there was plans to greatly change the motorhome area.
A new coded gate - to stop those who park up overnight and pay nowt.
The grass area to go and be replaced with gravel. This should allow many more vans to stay all year round.
The waste point to be moved within the motorhome area.

Whether this ever comes to fruition I have no idea but it might go some way to explain the steep rise in fees.

Just before I left the recent gathering at Lochore, I was given some information about the latest plans for the motorhome area.

The grass area to go and be replaced with gravel. This should allow many more vans to stay all year round.

Whether this ever comes to fruition I have no idea but it might go some way to explain the steep rise in fees.
I think it came directly from the guy who runs it? (Stuart?).
Ref the Grass, I think the plan is to provide hard standing around the perimeter of the grass field for Motohomes, bit leave the central area to remain grass, which I think is a good idea. I like those boards that get laid into the ground but let grass grow through the gaps. Don't know what they are called but see them in some parks and sites and provide a good surface without looking ugly and taking away the 'greeness' (no idea what they intend to do at Lochore to make the hardstanding. just a comment on a possible option).

Was is Ian you were speaking to pat?

TBH Gordon, I have no idea !!

I have had a drink or few and a sleep or two since then !!

Plus of course I am indeed an auld fart - with all the associated issues !!

I was there with pat Gordon. Ian said that the motorhome area was a great success and they we’re hoping to do the changes in stages when funds were available think he said something about a barrier with a number plate recognition system and the elsan getting moved to the small triangular grass bit just inside the gate then do more hook ups down one side. Doing that type of stuff the way they the council will want it done because of all the hoops they have to jump through because of H@S won’t come cheap.

yeah spoke to him Yesterday but there's still nothing about grey waste disposal and there's other areas charging less for full services
I had to make him Aware of talk on various sites about Lochore charges and people talking about there
we like Lochore and visit out of loyalty to his hard work etc

£14 per night basic fee for the current set up is expensive [although the elsan disposal point has been improved since 2021 and does now work properly!]. The planned improvements will make the balance between cost and amenities better, and for us, a wee pootle up the road for a Season's first trip after a Winter of being confined to barracks for a succession of reasons made it a worthwhile jaunt

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back