Lochore aire locals object?

It appears that Tom Kinnaird is indeed a councillor. Perhaps he needs a counsellor for anger management! 😁

I suspected this and quite frankly this man is a bigot, plain and simple.
I somehow was worried that he could be in a political position, and referred to this more than once.
Well everyone this man was taken apart by Jennie, myself and others on Facebook. He accused us of hating caravans and tents, talking bile, pleading poverty receiving preferential treatment, and other things and all on a public platform.
This man is a disgrace, and should never be allowed to remain in his position.
I intend now with this knowledge to take this matter further.
For me his position is untenable.
I will contact Benarty community council on Monday to formally raise a complaint about him.

Last edited:
If anyone wishes to contact Benarty community council their email address is

benartycc@gmail.com

I will contact them and then fife council.
To date I cannot find the appropriate email address for Fife council but I will post it on here when I do.

Last edited:
Fife website says that all complainants must follow their complaint procedure and any that do not will not be considered by the ombudsman should it get that far. The address they give for doing this online by 'email' is http://www.spso.org.uk/contact-us and the complain procedure page (probably essential reading for those considering complaining about TK's online behaviour) is at https://www.fife.gov.uk/kb/docs/articles/have-your-say2/make-a-complaint/complaints-procedure.
HTH
Thanks Geoff I will make a formal complaint using Fifes 3 stage complaints procedure on Monday. If I am not satisfied with their response I will take to the ombudsman. The ombudsman will only look at any complaint if you have first went through the available complaints procedure offered by the council. I don’t think I will contact Benarty community council, I think that would be a waste of time. They must surely know about his inflammatory fb postings already.

Last edited:
How are you all managing to write on the face book page as I have tried three times now and it just says pending then disappears, I know this Tom is admin, but I haven’t been rude or swearing, in fact I have been very polite

How are you all managing to write on the face book page as I have tried three times now and it just says pending then disappears, I know this Tom is admin, but I haven’t been rude or swearing, in fact I have been very polite
I have just posted this morning. He accused us all of being cheapskates.
I informed him that we now know who he is, the position he holds, and I have taken screenshots of all his posts in case he deletes them.
You can post here, this takes you straight to the thread.

Last edited:
Tom Kinnaird, Whitevanman?

2021-10-31_093620.jpg

There's remarkably little information about the councillors of Benarty Community Council. I'm not all sure if Councillors at this level of local government are required to declare a register of interests but Benarty Community Council does not publish one. The council claims to be run by elected volunteers but I can find no record of elections or of advertising material relating to elections. These next are only my thoughts and guesses. Local Govt at this level in England, where I am, would be town or perhaps parish councils. Although Councillors to these organisations are elected, insufficient candidates are often not found and these councils are self=perpetuating in that they will co=opt members rather than relying on the public to elect councillors. I have no idea if this is the case for Benarty = but there is no information published. There is no doubt though that whether elected or not Tom is an influential man. It would be nice to know more about him.

Councillors are remarkably free of personal responsibility for public statements and the public bodies are very reluctant to interfere with councillors who, they say, are responsible to the electorate and not the administrative body - unlike employees for example. But if a councillor's conduct could bring the council into disrepute then it might then interfere wth a councillor's sork. There is a Code of Conduct for Councillors which yoiu can google - it brings up pdf files and I'm not sure if the link works so a Code is attached.

Knowledge of the Nolan Principles can be useful too. I'm not sure but I think courts have accepted the Nolan Principles as law. Not sure about that. But google Nolan Principles and you'll get them. When I do it, it also comes up as a pdf file, - so for ease I attach that as well.

Attachments

• Councillors-Code-of-Conduct-2.pdf
    417.7 KB · Views: 106
  • appendix-08-the-nine-principles-of-public-life-in-scotland.pdf
    26.6 KB · Views: 143
I don't know if it'll do the trick but try clicking to 'Like' the group page. I suspect our Tom has become a lot more paranoid about who he allows to post and is likely just withholding permission :unsure:

I don't know if it'll do the trick but try clicking to 'Like' the group page. I suspect our Tom has become a lot more paranoid about who he allows to post and is likely just withholding permission :unsure:
It looks like he isn’t allowing any new posts if they don’t agree with him

It looks like he isn’t allowing any new posts if they don’t agree with him
It certainly seems that way. I’ve made two posts, they both went pending, then disappeared.

iI didn’t think either we’re overly provocative. My last one was similar to what I posted earlier on here…
C2F5A0BE-5BB8-4798-8524-6484E3F40E4E.jpg

Well I defilnitely need to step away. I haven't lost my cool completely but he's infuriatingly prejudiced and is slinging mud faster than a shaking wet dog. You've caught my post above in first draft lol! I edited it a couple of times to keep it a tad more neutral, as in "it seems that" "your comments come across as" instead of accusatory. Even so, nothing could match his rudeness in spreading such bile, so I'm not going to feel guilty for returning a salvo or two :ROFLMAO:

Well I defilnitely need to step away. I haven't lost my cool completely but he's infuriatingly prejudiced and is slinging mud faster than a shaking wet dog. You've caught my post above in first draft lol! I edited it a couple of times to keep it a tad more neutral, as in "it seems that" "your comments come across as" instead of accusatory. Even so, nothing could match his rudeness in spreading such bile, so I'm not going to feel guilty for returning a salvo or two :ROFLMAO:
Lets be clear here. I will lodge a complaint tomorrow with Fife Council, and go through their three stage complaints procedure. And if necessary I will then take it to the ombudsman. But I know in terms of removing this bigot I have a snowballs chance in hell.
But I hope that the locals are reading his vile posts about us, and just one goes to their next monthly meeting to tell him what they think of him.
It will let him know that he is being watched, and I will feel better, because right now I am really angry.
If anyone posts on other similar forums please let them know about him. The more who knows what he is up to the better.
Also if we have anyone on here who feels they can offer me some advice about how to go about this please contact me.

The disappearing posts seem to be only for new members of the group, so can someone who has been able to continue posting maybe post a screenshot of @linkshouse 's pending/not approved post? That would illustrate that he is just flatly denying access to people who don't agree with him. Because other members of that group ought to be allowed to see that he is unilaterally censoring content.

Reading Maureen and Tom's link to the code of conduct, it's clear that social media interaction is covered by the code. Our Tom is clearly - in this thread at least - using the group page to spread his personal message of prejudice and misinformation. He makes some good points about how the project came to be set up etc, but this still smacks of personal slight rather than a legitimate procedural concern... his nose is clearly out of joint that he and his local council didn't have a say! He doesn't respond to points though, just reiterates his own biased stance, accusing us of being cheapskates who ruin the Meadows and need to be charged much much more for the priviledge of using the stopover. I'm sure there have been some freeloaders who've avoided paying in the past and perhaps some who've left litter but we all know how much rarer this attitude is than our normal sense of 'ambassadorial' responsibility. He's not exactly 'woke' is he? :ROFLMAO:

The disappearing posts seem to be only for new members of the group, so can someone who has been able to continue posting maybe post a screenshot of @linkshouse 's pending/not approved post? That would illustrate that he is just flatly denying access to people who don't agree with him. Because other members of that group ought to be allowed to see that he is unilaterally censoring content.
Pending posts don't show up for anyone except the person who posted them I'm afraid. They're definitely being held back from publication by someone :unsure:

Pending posts don't show up for anyone except the person who posted them I'm afraid. They're definitely being held back from publication by someone :unsure:
But we do have the screenshot above. And the fact they aren't being approved shows he is censoring content.

If anyone wishes to post they can pm me I will copy and paste onto fb with a note indicating that I have done so.

What’s not clear Jennie is he may not actually be a councillor. That’s why I am not hopeful of being able to do much about him.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back